Re: Atomahawk Ex-800 patches

  • j.kamata
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 2, 2009
      Hi and thanx...

      Hmmm Ive now tried to load in sysex with SysexLibrarian on mac os x..

      Problem is that it only will delay messages with 1 sec and it wont allow me to fiddle with the output buffers..anyhow ive tried with all sorts of settings...Ive also tried to play a polymk2 soundfile into the tape input according to the original ex800 manual, but it doesnt work..and for some reason it wont let me push LOAD..

      so would it be possible to some imbed the original patches into the eeprom sysex?

      thanx

      --- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, "korgpolyex800" <korgpolyex800@...> wrote:

      > You can send a MK2 bulk dump to a HAWK-800 just make sure that you slow down the send - alot.
      >
      > http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/oPnASmkZoYOjhvwKLSnwd3VPqaFZ15t8yOXKEXWV4wOqoF8A4F3Y42uiqYD8NSQNRmlJOcKfBSdOzW8RgWRz/3%29%20Poly-800%20MKII/Patches%20and%20patch%20dumps/poly8002.syx
      >
      > If you're using MIDI-OX then set the output buffers to 128, the number of output buffers to 64 and the delay between buffers to 100mS.
      >
      > Mike.
      >
      > --- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, "j.kamata" <funk313@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi yall..
      > >
      > > Thanx for letting me in..Could somebody please post some patches (sysex and preferably the original ones), so I have something to work with.
      > > Ive seen another post regarding this, but cant see the link? hmm
      > >
      > > thanx
      > >
      > > philip

    • korgpolyex800
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 17, 2009
        I apologise for the delay on replying to you.

        I am working on providing a flash memory bulk patch dump send and receive feature. It should be ready soon.

        Mike

        --- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, "j.kamata" <funk313@...> wrote:

        > Hi and thanx...
        >
        > Hmmm Ive now tried to load in sysex with SysexLibrarian on mac os x..
        >
        > Problem is that it only will delay messages with 1 sec and it wont allow me to fiddle with the output buffers..anyhow ive tried with all sorts of settings...Ive also tried to play a polymk2 soundfile into the tape input according to the original ex800 manual, but it doesnt work..and for some reason it wont let me push LOAD..
        >
        > so would it be possible to some imbed the original patches into the eeprom sysex?
        >
        > thanx
        >
        > --- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, "korgpolyex800" <korgpolyex800@> wrote:
        > >
        > > You can send a MK2 bulk dump to a HAWK-800 just make sure that you slow down the send - alot.
        > >
        > > http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/oPnASmkZoYOjhvwKLSnwd3VPqaFZ15t8yOXKEXWV4wOqoF8A4F3Y42uiqYD8NSQNRmlJOcKfBSdOzW8RgWRz/3%29%20Poly-800%20MKII/Patches%20and%20patch%20dumps/poly8002.syx
        > >
        > > If you're using MIDI-OX then set the output buffers to 128, the number of output buffers to 64 and the delay between buffers to 100mS.
        > >
        > > Mike.
        > >
        > > --- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, "j.kamata" <funk313@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi yall..
        > > >
        > > > Thanx for letting me in..Could somebody please post some patches (sysex and preferably the original ones), so I have something to work with.
        > > > Ive seen another post regarding this, but cant see the link? hmm
        > > >
        > > > thanx
        > > >
        > > > philip

      • j.kamata
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 17, 2009
          thanx

          sounds good.. I had my friend coming over with his pc, since Sysexlibrarian on Mac suck balls..we had to work it out for like 3 hours and was only able to get like sounds from 11-18 and then some in like 34, 45 etc pretty random..

          cant wait for the dump function :)

          --- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, "korgpolyex800" <korgpolyex800@...> wrote:

          > I apologise for the delay on replying to you.
          >
          > I am working on providing a flash memory bulk patch dump send and receive feature. It should be ready soon.
          >
          > Mike
          >
          > --- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, "j.kamata" <funk313@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi and thanx...
          > >
          > > Hmmm Ive now tried to load in sysex with SysexLibrarian on mac os x..
          > >
          > > Problem is that it only will delay messages with 1 sec and it wont allow me to fiddle with the output buffers..anyhow ive tried with all sorts of settings...Ive also tried to play a polymk2 soundfile into the tape input according to the original ex800 manual, but it doesnt work..and for some reason it wont let me push LOAD..
          > >
          > > so would it be possible to some imbed the original patches into the eeprom sysex?
          > >
          > > thanx
          > >
          > > --- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, "korgpolyex800" <korgpolyex800@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > You can send a MK2 bulk dump to a HAWK-800 just make sure that you slow down the send - alot.
          > > >
          > > > http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/oPnASmkZoYOjhvwKLSnwd3VPqaFZ15t8yOXKEXWV4wOqoF8A4F3Y42uiqYD8NSQNRmlJOcKfBSdOzW8RgWRz/3%29%20Poly-800%20MKII/Patches%20and%20patch%20dumps/poly8002.syx
          > > >
          > > > If you're using MIDI-OX then set the output buffers to 128, the number of output buffers to 64 and the delay between buffers to 100mS.
          > > >
          > > > Mike.

        • Michael Hawkins
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 17, 2009
            It is critical to slow down the "between buffers delay" when using midi-ox. 2 SECONDS is enough.

            As the owners manual says:

            Receiving EX-800 or Poly-800 Mk2 Sysex Bulk Data
            The HAWK-800 version 2.4 software is capable of receiving original EX-800 and Poly-800 MK2 sysex bulk data messages.
            However, the EX-800 and MK2 sysex bulk data messages are large and therefore you must pace out (send slowly) the
            sysex messages when sending them to the HAWK-800. The HAWK-800 must write the sequencer and patch data into slow
            flash memory. This slows down the writing process so much that it is necessary to slow down the sysex bulk data as it is
            being sent to the HAWK-800.
            Using the MIDI-OX utility as an example, you should do the following before attempting to send EX-800 or MK2 bulk data
            messages:
            1. Open/run MIDI-OX on your PC.
            2. Within the sysex window, select "Sysex" on the menu then "Configure". This pops up a "Configure" window.
            3. Set the “Low Level Output” buffers size to 1024 bytes
            4. Set the number of output buffers to 32.
            5. Set the "Delay" to 2000 (yes, 2 seconds).
            Now load up your MK2 or EX-800 sysex dumps in MIDI-OX and send them to the HAWK-800. The entire EX-800 or MK2
            bulk data dump will take approximately ten (10) seconds. After the transmission is completed and if the data was correctly
            received then the HAWK-800 will send out a small sysex confirmation message. If the HAWK-800 does not send the
            confirmation sysex message then HAWK-800 failed to receive all of the bulk data dump and you will most likely need to
            slow down the transmission more. However, the MIDI-OX settings mentioned above are known to work reliably.

            ... Meanwhile, I am working on a block flash copy global utility.

            Mike

            sounds good.. I had my friend coming over with his pc, since Sysexlibrarian on Mac suck balls..we had to work it out for like 3 hours and was only able to get like sounds from 11-18 and then some in like 34, 45 etc pretty random..

            cant wait for the dump function :)

            --- In korgpolyex@yahoogro ups.com, "korgpolyex800" <korgpolyex800@ ...> wrote:

            > I apologise for the delay on replying to you.
            >
            > I am working on providing a flash memory bulk patch dump send and receive feature. It should be ready soon.
            >
            > Mike
            >
            > --- In korgpolyex@yahoogro ups.com, "j.kamata" <funk313@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi and thanx...
            > >
            > > Hmmm Ive now tried to load in sysex with SysexLibrarian on mac os x..
            > >
            > > Problem is that it only will delay messages with 1 sec and it wont allow me to fiddle with the output buffers..anyhow ive tried with all sorts of settings...Ive also tried to play a polymk2 soundfile into the tape input according to the original ex800 manual, but it doesnt work..and for some reason it wont let me push LOAD..
            > >
            > > so would it be possible to some imbed the original patches into the eeprom sysex?
            > >
            > > thanx
            > >
            > > --- In korgpolyex@yahoogro ups.com, "korgpolyex800" <korgpolyex800@ > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > You can send a MK2 bulk dump to a HAWK-800 just make sure that you slow down the send - alot.
            > > >
            > > > http://f1.grp. yahoofs.com/ v1/oPnASmkZoYOjh vwKLSnwd3VPqaFZ1 5t8yOXKEXWV4wOqo F8A4F3Y42uiqYD8N SQNRmlJOcKfBSdOz W8RgWRz/3% 29%20Poly- 800%20MKII/ Patches%20and% 20patch%20dumps/ poly8002. syx
            > > >
            > > > If you're using MIDI-OX then set the output buffers to 128, the number of output buffers to 64 and the delay between buffers to 100mS.
            > > >
            > > > Mike.

          • honod3k
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 18, 2009
              Mike,
              What version of Midi-Ox do you have?
              In the "Configure" section of version 7, you can set number of buffers and buffer size, but not delay.
              -Craig

              --- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, Michael Hawkins <korgpolyex800@...> wrote:

              > It is critical to slow down the "between buffers delay" when using midi-ox. 2 SECONDS is enough.
              >
              > As the owners manual says:
              >
              > Receiving EX-800 or Poly-800 Mk2 Sysex Bulk Data
              > The HAWK-800 version 2.4 software is capable of receiving original EX-800 and Poly-800 MK2 sysex bulk data messages.
              > However, the EX-800 and MK2 sysex bulk data messages are large and therefore you must pace out (send slowly) the
              > sysex messages when sending them to the HAWK-800. The HAWK-800 must write the sequencer and patch data into slow
              > flash memory. This slows down the writing process so much that it is necessary to slow down the sysex bulk data as it is
              > being sent to the HAWK-800.
              > Using the MIDI-OX utility as an example, you should do the following before attempting to send EX-800 or MK2 bulk data
              > messages:
              > 1. Open/run MIDI-OX on your PC.
              > 2. Within the sysex window, select "Sysex" on the menu then "Configure". This pops up a "Configure" window.
              > 3. Set the “Low Level Output” buffers size to 1024 bytes
              > 4. Set the number of output buffers to 32.
              > 5. Set the "Delay" to 2000 (yes, 2 seconds).
              > Now load up your MK2 or EX-800 sysex dumps in MIDI-OX and send them to the HAWK-800. The entire EX-800 or MK2
              > bulk data dump will take approximately ten (10) seconds. After the transmission is completed and if the data was correctly
              > received then the HAWK-800 will send out a small sysex confirmation message. If the HAWK-800 does not send the
              > confirmation sysex message then HAWK-800 failed to receive all of the bulk data dump and you will most likely need to
              > slow down the transmission more. However, the MIDI-OX settings mentioned above are known to work reliably.
              >

              > ... Meanwhile, I am working on a block flash copy global utility.
              >
              > Mike
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Michael Hawkins
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 18, 2009
                The version I have is 7.0.0.365.

                But I think you're talking about the "Options" -> "Configure Buffers" menu selection which is not the sysex configure area.

                To configure the sysex options you open the Sysex window first by selecting "View" -> "SysEx" from the main menu.

                The sysex window will pop up and you then select "Sysex" -> "Configure" from the menu.

                That opens the sysex configuration options where the buffers and delay can be set.

                Mike

                In the "Configure" section of version 7, you can set number of buffers and buffer size, but not delay.
                -Craig

                --- In korgpolyex@yahoogro ups.com, Michael Hawkins <korgpolyex800@ ...> wrote:

                > It is critical to slow down the "between buffers delay" when using midi-ox. 2 SECONDS is enough.
                >
                > As the owners manual says:
                >
                > Receiving EX-800 or Poly-800 Mk2 Sysex Bulk Data
                > The HAWK-800 version 2.4 software is capable of receiving original EX-800 and Poly-800 MK2 sysex bulk data messages.
                > However, the EX-800 and MK2 sysex bulk data messages are large and therefore you must pace out (send slowly) the
                > sysex messages when sending them to the HAWK-800. The HAWK-800 must write the sequencer and patch data into slow
                > flash memory. This slows down the writing process so much that it is necessary to slow down the sysex bulk data as it is
                > being sent to the HAWK-800.
                > Using the MIDI-OX utility as an example, you should do the following before attempting to send EX-800 or MK2 bulk data
                > messages:
                > 1. Open/run MIDI-OX on your PC.
                > 2. Within the sysex window, select "Sysex" on the menu then "Configure". This pops up a "Configure" window.
                > 3. Set the “Low Level Output” buffers size to 1024 bytes
                > 4. Set the number of output buffers to 32.
                > 5. Set the "Delay" to 2000 (yes, 2 seconds).
                > Now load up your MK2 or EX-800 sysex dumps in MIDI-OX and send them to the HAWK-800. The entire EX-800 or MK2
                > bulk data dump will take approximately ten (10) seconds. After the transmission is completed and if the data was correctly
                > received then the HAWK-800 will send out a small sysex confirmation message. If the HAWK-800 does not send the
                > confirmation sysex message then HAWK-800 failed to receive all of the bulk data dump and you will most likely need to
                > slow down the transmission more. However, the MIDI-OX settings mentioned above are known to work reliably.
                >

                > ... Meanwhile, I am working on a block flash copy global utility.
                >
                > Mike
                >

                > ____________ _________ _________ __

              • honod3k
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 19, 2009
                  ok, got it. Thanks.

                  BTW, you might want to clarify that on pg 9 of the manual.

                • Michael Hawkins
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 19, 2009
                    Yes, you're absolutely right. I will update the manual.

                    BTW, you might want to clarify that on pg 9 of the manual.

                    -Craig

                    --- In korgpolyex@yahoogro ups.com, Michael Hawkins <korgpolyex800@ ...> wrote:

                    > The version I have is 7.0.0.365.
                    >
                    > But I think you're talking about the "Options" -> "Configure Buffers" menu selection which is not the sysex configure area.
                    >
                    > To configure the sysex options you open the Sysex window first by selecting "View" -> "SysEx" from the main menu.
                    >
                    > The sysex window will pop up and you then select "Sysex" -> "Configure" from the menu.
                    >
                    > That opens the sysex configuration options where the buffers and delay can be set.
                    >
                    > Mike

                  • Michael Hawkins
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 13, 2009
                      Philip,

                      the latest version of the HAWK software has HAWK bulk dump send and receive. And the zip file includes two HAWK bulk dump syx files.

                      Enjoy!

                      Mike