Tape in/out to sampler?

  • t'byte
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2009
      Hi,

      Has anyone used the Poly-800's tape load/save with a sampler? If so, did
      it work well? I am thinking I could simply back my patches up to the
      sampler and then load them as I see fit. I am afraid of any A/D
      conversion possibly tampering with the signal, though. Like when you
      record a sync track to tape and have to turn off noise cancellation on
      that track.

      Any experiences?

      Thanks
      tim
    • electrohead2000
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2009
        Hi Tim.
        I remember doing this waaaay back in the day with an Ensoniq Mirage. Boy do I miss programming in Hex.....Not!
        As I recall it was a lot of trouble getting the levels right to make it reliable.
        Of course that sampler was very crude. A modern sampler should be much easier to accomplish this with.
        Good luck.
        Electrohead

        --- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, "t'byte" <trilobyte@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Has anyone used the Poly-800's tape load/save with a sampler? If so, did
        > it work well? I am thinking I could simply back my patches up to the
        > sampler and then load them as I see fit. I am afraid of any A/D
        > conversion possibly tampering with the signal, though. Like when you
        > record a sync track to tape and have to turn off noise cancellation on
        > that track.
        >
        > Any experiences?
        >
        > Thanks
        > tim

      • evy_newt
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 4, 2009
          I've never had any problem playing the wav files from my computer. It is a sampler after all if you think about it. I don't see why it wouldn't work.