paypal blues, poly for sale in near future

  • Russ
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2009
      Dammit! My Paypal got hacked! I was just about to order the whole Hawking shebang when some joker took $600 out of my paypal. The money is now frozen pending dispute and my paypal is disabled.
      Well maybe in a week or two? Keep up the good work in the meantime!
      Speaking of, I recently acquired a Moog MG1, so one of my Poly 800's will have to go. When I decide which one I will probably let you folks on the Poly 800 list have first crack at it before it gets ebayed.

    • LARRY HAWKE
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2009
        Hey, is that MG1 the unit marketed by Radio Shack way back when?

        Gor

        To: korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com
        From: russdaren@...
        Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 08:44:43 -0700
        Subject: [korgpolyex] paypal blues, poly for sale in near future

        Dammit! My Paypal got hacked! I was just about to order the whole Hawking shebang when some joker took $600 out of my paypal. The money is now frozen pending dispute and my paypal is disabled.
        Well maybe in a week or two? Keep up the good work in the meantime!
        Speaking of, I recently acquired a Moog MG1, so one of my Poly 800's will have to go. When I decide which one I will probably let you folks on the Poly 800 list have first crack at it before it gets ebayed.

      • Wayne
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1, 2009
          I love my Radio Shack Moog.

          To: korgpolyex@yahoogro ups.com

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 1, 2009
            Yeah, I just saw some pics of the thing on Vintagesynth.com with the Realistic label.
            I gots to have one!

            Gor

            To: korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com
            From: atlas1301962@...
            Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 13:59:29 -0700

            I love my Radio Shack Moog.

            To: korgpolyex@yahoogro ups.com
            From: russdaren@yahoo. com
            Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 08:44:43 -0700

            Dammit! My Paypal got hacked! I was just about to order the whole Hawking shebang when some joker took $600 out of my paypal. The money is now frozen pending dispute and my paypal is disabled.
            Well maybe in a week or two? Keep up the good work in the meantime!
            Speaking of, I recently acquired a Moog MG1, so one of my Poly 800's will have to go. When I decide which one I will probably let you folks on the Poly 800 list have first crack at it before it gets ebayed.

          • korgpolyex800
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 1, 2009
              Hey Russ,

              how on earth does someone hack your Paypal account?

              Password guess? Or some old bad company friend?

              Mike.

              --- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, Russ <russdaren@...> wrote:

              > Dammit! My Paypal got hacked! I was just about to order the whole Hawking shebang when some joker took $600 out of my paypal. The money is now frozen pending dispute and my paypal is disabled.
              > Well maybe in a week or two? Keep up the good work in the meantime!
              > Speaking of, I recently acquired a Moog MG1, so one of my Poly 800's will have to go. When I decide which one I will probably let you folks on the Poly 800 list have first crack at it before it gets ebayed.

            • Gordon JC Pearce MM3YEQ
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 1, 2009
                On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 21:45 +0000, korgpolyex800 wrote:
                > Hey Russ,
                >
                > how on earth does someone hack your Paypal account?
                >
                > Password guess? Or some old bad company friend?
                >
                > Mike.

                I'm guessing phishing page. I nearly got nabbed by one recently...

                Gordon
              • Wayne
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 1, 2009
                  It was the first keyboard I bought.

                  To: korgpolyex@yahoogro ups.com
                  From: atlas1301962@ yahoo.com
                  Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 13:59:29 -0700

                  I love my Radio Shack Moog.

                  To: korgpolyex@yahoogro ups.com

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 1, 2009
                    That blows my mind!  The very first one I bought was a user/totally non-functional Poly 800.  I took it home, cleaned all of the contacts, removed a bunch of very-corroded batteries, and it looks and plays like new today.
                    It's part of my arsenal of an Alesis QS6.1, my microKorg, a new R3 and a DS-10 app running on a Nintendo DS.

                    I make a lot of noise!

                    Gor

                    To: korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com
                    From: atlas1301962@...