Not working and trying to get operational...

  • gtr_79
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2008
      I just came across a Poly-800 and am trying to get it operational.

      My problem is whenver I turn it on, the display doesn't do anything.
      Nothing seems to happen except for when headphones are plugged in the
      phones output, it makes a lot of noise. Almost like white noise but not
      quite the same thing.I've seen one other case like this on the boards
      but they just were told to reload the patches. I tried this, and it was
      my first time and I was in a rush so I may not have done it properly.

      I took it open and got a brief look at the circuits and everything
      looked good with a quick glance.

      Any ideas at all though? I really would like to get this up and
      operational if at all possible... Thanks to everyone for the help...
    • Michael Hawkins
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2008
        If the display does not show "11 P" when you turn it on then the Poly is not going to accept the tape input.

        You will probably need to start by checking that the ROM (the chip with the sticker on it) is seated in its socket correctly.

        You should also check all of the cables are connected properly. No missing or bent over pins etc.

        Then get a multimeter and check the power supply voltages. There are +5 Volt and -5 Volt power rails.

        Mike.