New member and wanted to say hi! Le Freak Orange Poly 800

  • le_freak800
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2008
      Well got given a non working Poly 800 mark 2 last week and couldnt just
      skip it so spent the weekend getting it going!! Went slightly past the
      get it going point and went a litle mad. The keyboard was completly
      smashed so i removed that and cut down the case to make a desktop midi
      module from the remains. Fitted the Moog slayer Res and Filter mod and
      i do have to say be very affraid of that, its seriously dangerous if
      you up the res setting : /...... Well just thought i would share my
      restoration so posted some pics in the Photos link ........
    • korgpolyex800
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2008
        Welcome!

        Wow! That is one cool mod you've done there! Talk about creative!

        Now, depending on where you are geographically (and the postage), I
        could really do with the keyboard cable assemblies. I have a Poly that
        suffered a battery leak and the connectors that go to the keyboard
        were corroded beyond repair. I would love to get my hands on a set for
        a reasonable price.

        Once again, welcome!

        Mike.

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 6, 2008
          Hi!

          The cable for the keyboard is hard wired to the keyboard end and does
          not un-plug... was going to list all the spare parts on ebay that i
          had. Would let you have the keyboard PCD with cables connected for
          £15 if you wanted or i could remove the cable from the pcb which
          would leave you having to resolder it on...

          --- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, "korgpolyex800"

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 6, 2008
            Thanks for the offer, let me ask the group here and see if anyone here
            in the US has what I'm after. If not, I'll email you offline and we
            can work something out.

            Thanks again,