Re: [korgpolyex] Kits will be shipped out on Friday

  • Marcus Wilson
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2008
      heyaa!@$!@$!@
      \awesome!!\
      \cant wait

      the iron was on pre-heat but started to smell a bit so i turned it off for now ;-)

      best regards,

      Marcus
      On 01/05/2008, at 10:14 AM, korgpolyex800 wrote:

      Lars Tornkvist, Marcus Wilson, Joe Clifford and Everett Newton - your
      kits are sitting right next to me, all boxed up and ready to go out on
      Friday morning. Marcus, you get two in the one box.

      So you should have your kits in your hands soon.

      Mike.

    • korgpolyex800
      Message 2 of 11 , May 1, 2008
        Hi Marcus,

        sorry for the delay. Hopefully the mail system will be faster than me.

        Mike

        --- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, Marcus Wilson <JB@...> wrote:

        > heyaa!@$!@$!@
        > \awesome!!\
        > \cant wait
        >
        > the iron was on pre-heat but started to smell a bit so i turned it
        > off for now ;-)
        >
        > best regards,
        >
        > Marcus
        > On 01/05/2008, at 10:14 AM, korgpolyex800 wrote:
        >
        > > Lars Tornkvist, Marcus Wilson, Joe Clifford and Everett Newton - your
        > > kits are sitting right next to me, all boxed up and ready to go out on
        > > Friday morning. Marcus, you get two in the one box.
        > >
        > > So you should have your kits in your hands soon.
        > >
        > > Mike.

      • korgpolyex800
        Message 3 of 11 , May 2, 2008
          Lars Tornkvist, Marcus Wilson, Joe Clifford and Everett Newton - your
          kits have been shipped.

          Everett should get his first, not sure of the order of the rest but I
          fear that Marcus might be unlucky last.

          But anyway, they are shipped and on their way.

          Mike.
        • Marcus Wilson
          Message 4 of 11 , May 2, 2008
            hey thats no way to look at it!$!$

            i am the lucky last

            im getting a pair of superduperfrantagolous polyhawk800's!@$!@$!@$

            yeaahh!!!!!

            Marcus

            Message 5 of 11 , May 2, 2008
              MArcus,

              It shows that you live in or close to Perth. So much optimism. Such
              like the old camel driver in Gallipoli, "and they're welcome to it".

              I love that city called - Perth. It reminds me of New York turned
              inside out. Settled - no convicts. Central Park surrounds the city!
              And I miss Rottnest too - flat, salty, white bleaching sun and an odd
              gun battery - heaven!

              Ahhh, one day I'll get back there.

              Mike

              --- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, Marcus Wilson <JB@...> wrote:

              > hey thats no way to look at it!$!$
              >
              > i am the lucky last
              >
              > im getting a pair of superduperfrantagolous polyhawk800's!@$!@$!@$
              >

              > yeaahh!!!!!
              >
              > Marcus
              >
              > On 03/05/2008, at 2:04 AM, korgpolyex800 wrote:
              >
              > > Lars Tornkvist, Marcus Wilson, Joe Clifford and Everett Newton - your
              > > kits have been shipped.
              > >
              > > Everett should get his first, not sure of the order of the rest but I
              > > fear that Marcus might be unlucky last.
              > >
              > > But anyway, they are shipped and on their way.
              > >
              > > Mike.

            • zoinky420
              Message 6 of 11 , May 2, 2008
                I haven't been able to afford to buy a kit yet (my soldering iron died
                and that's going to double the cost to replace it), so I hope you keep
                them available for a while.

                --- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, "korgpolyex800" <korgpolyex800@...>
                wrote:

                > Lars Tornkvist, Marcus Wilson, Joe Clifford and Everett Newton - your
                > kits have been shipped.
                >
                > Everett should get his first, not sure of the order of the rest but I
                > fear that Marcus might be unlucky last.
                >
                > But anyway, they are shipped and on their way.
                >
                > Mike.

              • Russ
                Message 7 of 11 , May 3, 2008

                  Indeed are these kits giong  to be available for the next few months? Year? I am dealing with some temporary shortfalls, but certainly want to get at least one of the hawks. Any deadline?

                • korgpolyex800
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 4, 2008
                    Hi Russ and all,

                    I am planning on keeping this project running until I/we run out of
                    interest (extremely unlikely) or we can't fit anymore new features
                    into the Poly 800 (somewhat unlikely).

                    But, I was planning on waiting to see what people thought of the kit
                    once they had built and installed it before committing to too much.

                    I mean, if people are not that impressed with the portamento and the
                    MIDI controllers and the tremolo and ...

                    Well let's wait and see. My guess is that I'll still be selling the
                    thing five years from now. But obviously, if you really want one it
                    would be better to get it now rather than rely on it being around a
                    year from now.

                    Before I die, I will put the whole thing into public domain on a web
                    site like sourceforge so that the code and PCB gerber files and
                    documentation etc is all freely available. Actually, I better put that
                    in my will.

                    Mike.
                  • Marcus Wilson
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 9, 2008
                      G'day Mike!!

                      ive just received my two kits woohooO!!@%!@%!@%

                      checked off against the BOM and everything is there, too cool!

                      quick question, the BOM shows 27C64B's and i've received 2864's i'm assuming these are the same item?

                      now time to search thru my emails to locate the build instructions

                      awesome!@$!@$

                      thanks dude!

                      Marcus

                      Message 10 of 11 , May 10, 2008
                        G'day Marcus,

                        That's great news!

                        Yes, there was a typo mistake in the BOM, which I've now fixed.

                        So there should be three (3) EEPROM's and they are the 28C64B's.
                        One EPROM is a 2764 and two static RAM chips are 6264.

                        You can get the latest instructions at
                        http://patrioticduo.tripod.com/korgpoly800ex800mkiii/techsupport.html

                        Let me know if you need any help or would like to suggest any changes
                        or additions for the instructions.