Re: [korgpolyex] Arpeggiator questions

  • Atom Smasher
    Message 1 of 48 , Jan 1, 2008
      On Sat, 29 Dec 2007, korgpolyex800 wrote:

      > I've never worked with a random arpeggiator, so I would like to get some
      > input from you all as to what modes there should be in random mode. One
      > way of doing random could be to randomly switch octaves for each note
      > that is held down. So if C#1 and G#4 notes are on then randomly choose
      > C#1,2,3 or 4 and G#1,2,3 or 4. Does that make sense?
      >
      > What other random arpeggiate modes could there be?
      ==================

      this covers pretty much everything that an arpeggiator could/should be -
      http://optimolch.de/jens.groh/K5000/GregWaltzer/egw/equipment/k5000arp.htm

      that should give you some ideas and inspiration, but i'd be surprised if
      you find a way to implement more than the basics, given the 800's limited
      UI. it may also be useful to go over the manual for the oberheim cyclone,
      but i've never played with one of those.

      http://www.lazyblueoctopus.com/Oberheim_cyclone.pdf

      --
      ...atom

      ________________________
      http://atom.smasher.org/
      762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808

      "There can be no greater good than the quest for peace,
      and no finer purpose than the preservation of freedom."
      -- U.S. President Ronald Reagan
    • Jim Gourgoutis
      Message 48 of 48 , May 22, 2008
        --- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, Atom Smasher <atom@...> wrote:

        > for testing out the 800mk3 software, i suspect that most/all of the
        > controllers you mentioned would do the job.

        If you have access to a computer running OS X, there's a free virtual
        PC-1600x available:

        http://cd-romney.com/pc-1600v/

        More info on the PC-1600/PC-1600x is available at
        http://www.defectiverecords.com/pc1600/pc1600.html

        -Jim G