New Member

  • Tom Hoelle
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2006
      Hello - I'm a new member so I thought I'd introduce myself.  I'm a guitarist and I have a home studio set up in my basement.  I have been writing/recording for many years and finally released a cd in 2004.  You can visit my web-site if you'd like to hear some of my music:

      I have an Emu Proteus Plus keyboard that I've been using for fills and what-not for quite some time.  But on a recent visit to my local guitar center, I stumbled onto a used Korg Poly 800 mk 2 and spent some time seeing what I could get it to do.  The price seemed really reasonable and I thought it sounded pretty cool, so I ended up buying it!

      So I've been on the net looking for info on this thing.  I ended up buying a cassette from a guy on e-bay that has the original patches in it.  I assume that means I can use a standard cassette deck to hook up to the back of this thing and save/recall settings?  I remember a similar arrangement on an old Yamaha drum machine of mine... in fact, I may still have a "data-cassette" that I used to use for that.  I assume that'll work...

      Anyway - that's me...
      Tom
    • Roby
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2007
        Hi,
        I'm Roberto from Italy.
        I'm happy to join your group.
        I've just purchased a broken POLY-800 -
        no display no sounds at all - and at this moment
        I've seen two broken transistors, Q17 and Q18.
        (some of you have an idea for a substitute of Q17?)
        I hope to repair this synth, because I've heard it's
        a good synth.
        Thanks!

        Ciao
        Roby