Re: Korg Ex-800 not producing sound, Need sound tape?

  • mucghuine
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2005
      --- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, "tribecamademepuke"
      Well, sounds like a problem I had after leaving the poly-800 without a
      battery for a few years, the sounds in the sound banks are off. What
      you could try as a first attempt is te set all values to a reasonable
      setting (take the standerd factory sound 11 (violin-like) as an
      example, I've copied it as text here (setting#/values;next
      setting#;value etc.)

      I can't load anything into the memory via tape, but I assume this
      could be because some settings are outside of the possible values.
      This means that you first have to do the tedious work of setting all
      values in all programs to reasonable settings.
      (programm 11: violin:
      11/3;12/2;13/0;14/1;15/1;16/1;17/15;18/1
      21 through 27 do not apply because of single voice
      31/0;32/2;33/0;41/71;42/2;43/0;44/2;45/3;46/1;48/0
      51/15;52/31;53/14;54/31;55/31;56/22
      61 through 66 do not apply
      71/19;72/21;73/27;74/25;75/10;76/25;81/7;82/4;83/1;84/0
      86, 87 and 88 apply to midi settings and are global.
      write this into program 11 and see if you hear something Korg says
      sounds like a violin. If this is the case you can start trying to load
      the patches from
      http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/korgpolyex/files/Poly%20800%20Mk-I%20Patches/
      into the machine, or if that fails (as it did with me, probably due to
      some wierd values), you can also try setting everything by hand:

      By the way, to reach these files, you have to be a member of this
      yahoo group.

      Greetings from Léon.