Re: [korgpolyex] Re: Mk-II sequencer confusion

  • x x
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2004
      Do you want owners manual for poly 800 mk 2 or schematics?
      I have schematics the whole set for poly 800 ver 1 and 2 the polyex sight is  missing stuff from vers one i need to post....I forgot i had mk2 in my collection.I am currently looking for juno 60 schematics.... Anyone happen to know where any are no big deal will locate soon just picked up mint condition one for 200 bucks works good now but i want to compare the parts to muy juno 106 and hoope that the pair will help keep one alive for at least the next 20 years......
      Peace
      Alienxxx
      Also remeber these arent analog circuits these are chips that fry easy with mods so while possible with curtis chips etc in design toshiba chips etc old jap digi ics are not as flexible to inputs as they are outputs...

      khate <khatedotorg@...> wrote:
      D'oh! I ran to my Poly after reading your post ("it's that easy?!"),
      and Korg couldn't have made that more obvious... I'm so used to not
      even looking at the printed parameters since I've had her long enough
      that I can program sounds without having to reference it. Don't I
      feel silly... but many thanks for the tip!

      I don't know if you're already on it, but there's a very useful Yahoo
      group for circuit-bending folks, called "benders". Very helpful
      people, and the files are a godsend. I was into bending before I
      discovered the moogslayer, but I'm in the same boat as you: I've
      bent/modded a dozen things now, but I'm still afraid of bungling up
      my high-in-sentimental-value Poly.

      Thanks again for your help, and I'll certainly pass on the manual if
      I find it. And yes, that delay IS mighty weird; it's probably the #1
      reason I'd like the manual as well...

      ~Khate
      www.khate.org

      --- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, "jisatsuboy" <pederseneric@h...>
      wrote:

      > sorry.  parameter 85.
      >
      > --- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, "jisatsuboy" <pederseneric@h...>
      > wrote:
      > > parameter #82 will switch the sequencer between one-time mode and
      > > repeat-mode.  so if the value is 2, then it'll loop forever.
      > >
      > > i got into circuit bending after getting my Poly.  I'm trying to
      > > build up the skill and confidence to do the moogslayer mod
      without
      > > fucking up my keyboard.
      > >
      > > let me know if you find an MKII manual online.  I can't find it
      > > either.  I'm interested in what it has to say about the delay.  I
      > > think the delay is weird, and I don't know why.
      > >
      > > eric
      > >

      > > --- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, "khate" <khatedotorg@h...>
      wrote:
      > > > I'm hoping someone with a Mk-II specific manual (or more
      > experience
      > > > than I've got) can help...
      > > >
      > > > According to the Mk-I manual I downloaded from the files
      section,
      > > the
      > > > sequencer will loop back to the beginning when it reaches the
      > last
      > > > note or rest entered. On my Mk-II, that's not the case; when it
      > > gets
      > > > to the last note, it just stops. Is that a difference between
      the
      > > > two, or is my Poly just being weird? Is there a way to make it
      > > loop,
      > > > some combination of buttons I'm missing? I swear I remember
      > seeing
      > > > something online about "loop enable" for the Poly800, but I
      could
      > > be
      > > > just going nuts from lead inhalation while circuit-bending.
      > > >
      > > > Finally, if someone could just point me in the direction of a
      Mk-
      > II
      > > > manual online (for free; Googling it brings up plenty for
      sale),
      > > > that'd be fantastic.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks in advance for any help,
      > > > Khate
      > > > www.khate.org

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • x x
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2004
        Yeah well go figure the sh32 I do need a manual for it to learn a few hidden tricks I think a manual for synths is good to get things going . I ahve to admit thought the poly laid out theres on the machine that allthough  I finally got the manual I didnt need it everything is laid right out on it to well to really need it unless you dont know analog programming. The envelope generator on the poly 800 are way cool they definetly were on it .....
        Peace
        Alien

        Alexander <arf_hotdogdeity@...> wrote:
        Don't feel embarassed about that... i totally missed the MASTER TUNE
        SLIDER on my DSS-1, how obvious is that one...

        as for the delay, it's just a digital delay line, with an LFO to
        modulate DELAY TIME.

        it can be used for typical delay echo effects, or chorus effects (try
        shorter delay times and turn up the mod a bit) and phaser efffects
        (kinda sorta maybe) and flange effects (they're all the same damn
        effect! just different delay times)

        just play with it!

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Alexander
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 3, 2004
          I think the voice chips on the Juno 6/60 were the same, but the 106
          had different chips. maybe thats why the 106's die so often

        • Alexander
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 3, 2004
            I don't have a scanner, but i can type up anything you need out of the
            SH32 manual... there's not much that isnt obvious, other than the
            performance FX routing and the arpeggiator.

          • Júlio César
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 3, 2004
              I have a Juno 106 too... mine is having that problem with poliphony
              too... I've mailed a guy in australia that still have those chips,
              but they're very expensive, at least for me here in Brazil... I've
              found another guy who made a pcb board to replace the chip, but don't
              know if it would not alter the sound...But i think it might be
              helpfull, since you're into circuits stuff...

              http://users.skynet.be/bk318113/303/juno.html

              --- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, "Alexander" <arf_hotdogdeity@y...>
              wrote:

> [...]
              not
              > > even looking at the printed parameters since I've had her long
              enough
              > > that I can program sounds without having to reference it. Don't I
              > > feel silly... but many thanks for the tip!
              > >
              > > I don't know if you're already on it, but there's a very useful
              Yahoo
              > > group for circuit-bending folks, called "benders". Very helpful
              > > people, and the files are a godsend. I was into bending before I
              > > discovered the moogslayer, but I'm in the same boat as you: I've
              > > bent/modded a dozen things now, but I'm still afraid of bungling
              up
              > > my high-in-sentimental-value Poly.
              > >
              > > Thanks again for your help, and I'll certainly pass on the manual
              if
              > > I find it. And yes, that delay IS mighty weird; it's probably the

              Service.