RE: RE: [korgms2000] Korg MS2000 No sound and Checksum error

  • nico678
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2013

      Hi,

      I replaced the DSP chip that I found at Digikey and that fixed the sound problem and the slow patch changes. The synth seems to be working fine now.

      But when I enter the test mode, I still get the "SYS ROM checksum error".

      How do you update the firmeware?

      Thank you!

      Nicolas

      ---In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, <korgms2000@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Try to reflash the firmware..Maybe you get lucky!

      To: korgms2000@yahoogroups.com
      From: backshall1@...
      Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 14:30:20 -0400
      Subject: RE: [korgms2000] Korg MS2000 No sound and Checksum error

      It’s not the same error, but with no sound and slow patch changes it sounds like the same symptoms. Maybe you are very unlucky and have two bad chips, the ROM and the DSP.

      Don B.