Re: [korgms2000] Turn Arpeggiator on/off using NRPN/Sysex???

  • Clinton@gmail
    Message 1 of 5 , May 15, 2013
      In the words of the chemical brothers, "push the button"

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 15, 2013, at 11:07 AM, "JP" <jp.lamunyon@...> wrote:

      > Hey all,
      >
      > I use a Yamaha RM1X sequencer to run my MS2000BR rackmount synth. I have a song where I need to turn the arpeggiator on/off.
      >
      > I was able to find NRPN commands within the MIDI implementation, and successfully sent the command to turn it off. MSB 00 LSB 02 Data 00-3F.
      >
      > I cant get it to turn on using the corresponding NRPN MSB 00 LSB 02 Data 40-7F.
      >
      > Am I on the right track? Does there need to be any other corresponding information in order to get the arpeggiator on/off. I guess I'm looking for the best way to use the arpeggiator within a song where there are parts that it is needed, and not needed. Thanks to all!

    • JP Lamunyon
      Message 2 of 5 , May 15, 2013
        Yes, again I am using a sequencer to send this information to the synth.
        Hard to play drums and get up to "push the button" amidst a song. :O)

        JP Lamunyon
        1636 Mohawk St.
        Los Angeles, CA 90026
        310-651-1796 cell
        509-931-1796 efax
        jp.lamunyon@...

        Message 3 of 5 , May 15, 2013
          Maybe duplicate the patch and store it in the next patch and perform a patch change? Anytime I've ever used a cc message to turn the arp on or off it doesn't work the way I expect it to.

          Sent from my iPhone

          On May 15, 2013, at 11:32 AM, JP Lamunyon <jp.lamunyon@...> wrote:

          > Yes, again I am using a sequencer to send this information to the synth.
          > Hard to play drums and get up to "push the button" amidst a song. :O)
          >
          > JP Lamunyon
          > 1636 Mohawk St.
          > Los Angeles, CA 90026
          > 310-651-1796 cell
          > 509-931-1796 efax
          > jp.lamunyon@...
          >

          > On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Clinton@gmail <cbright9@...> wrote:
          >
          >> **
          >>

          >> In the words of the chemical brothers, "push the button"
          >>
          >> Sent from my iPhone
          >>
          >> On May 15, 2013, at 11:07 AM, "JP" <jp.lamunyon@...> wrote:
          >>
          >>> Hey all,
          >>>
          >>> I use a Yamaha RM1X sequencer to run my MS2000BR rackmount synth. I have
          >> a song where I need to turn the arpeggiator on/off.
          >>>
          >>> I was able to find NRPN commands within the MIDI implementation, and
          >> successfully sent the command to turn it off. MSB 00 LSB 02 Data 00-3F.
          >>>
          >>> I cant get it to turn on using the corresponding NRPN MSB 00 LSB 02 Data
          >> 40-7F.
          >>>
          >>> Am I on the right track? Does there need to be any other corresponding
          >> information in order to get the arpeggiator on/off. I guess I'm looking for
          >> the best way to use the arpeggiator within a song where there are parts
          >> that it is needed, and not needed. Thanks to all!

        • LARRY HAWKE
          Message 4 of 5 , May 15, 2013
            Could the a r p be triggered with a foot switch?