Turn Arpeggiator on/off using NRPN/Sysex???

  • JP
    Message 1 of 5 , May 15, 2013
      Hey all,

      I use a Yamaha RM1X sequencer to run my MS2000BR rackmount synth. I have a song where I need to turn the arpeggiator on/off.

      I was able to find NRPN commands within the MIDI implementation, and successfully sent the command to turn it off. MSB 00 LSB 02 Data 00-3F.

      I cant get it to turn on using the corresponding NRPN MSB 00 LSB 02 Data 40-7F.

      Am I on the right track? Does there need to be any other corresponding information in order to get the arpeggiator on/off. I guess I'm looking for the best way to use the arpeggiator within a song where there are parts that it is needed, and not needed. Thanks to all!
    • Clinton@gmail
      Message 2 of 5 , May 15, 2013
        In the words of the chemical brothers, "push the button"

        Sent from my iPhone

        On May 15, 2013, at 11:07 AM, "JP" <jp.lamunyon@...> wrote:

        > Hey all,
        >
        > I use a Yamaha RM1X sequencer to run my MS2000BR rackmount synth. I have a song where I need to turn the arpeggiator on/off.
        >
        > I was able to find NRPN commands within the MIDI implementation, and successfully sent the command to turn it off. MSB 00 LSB 02 Data 00-3F.
        >
        > I cant get it to turn on using the corresponding NRPN MSB 00 LSB 02 Data 40-7F.
        >
        > Am I on the right track? Does there need to be any other corresponding information in order to get the arpeggiator on/off. I guess I'm looking for the best way to use the arpeggiator within a song where there are parts that it is needed, and not needed. Thanks to all!

      • JP Lamunyon
        Message 3 of 5 , May 15, 2013
          Yes, again I am using a sequencer to send this information to the synth.
          Hard to play drums and get up to "push the button" amidst a song. :O)

          JP Lamunyon
          1636 Mohawk St.
          Los Angeles, CA 90026
          310-651-1796 cell
          509-931-1796 efax
          jp.lamunyon@...

          Message 4 of 5 , May 15, 2013
            Maybe duplicate the patch and store it in the next patch and perform a patch change? Anytime I've ever used a cc message to turn the arp on or off it doesn't work the way I expect it to.

            Sent from my iPhone

            On May 15, 2013, at 11:32 AM, JP Lamunyon <jp.lamunyon@...> wrote:

            > Yes, again I am using a sequencer to send this information to the synth.
            > Hard to play drums and get up to "push the button" amidst a song. :O)
            >
            > JP Lamunyon
            > 1636 Mohawk St.
            > Los Angeles, CA 90026
            > 310-651-1796 cell
            > 509-931-1796 efax
            > jp.lamunyon@...
            >

            > On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Clinton@gmail <cbright9@...> wrote:
            >
            >> **
            >>

            >> In the words of the chemical brothers, "push the button"
            >>
            >> Sent from my iPhone
            >>
            >> On May 15, 2013, at 11:07 AM, "JP" <jp.lamunyon@...> wrote:
            >>
            >>> Hey all,
            >>>
            >>> I use a Yamaha RM1X sequencer to run my MS2000BR rackmount synth. I have
            >> a song where I need to turn the arpeggiator on/off.
            >>>
            >>> I was able to find NRPN commands within the MIDI implementation, and
            >> successfully sent the command to turn it off. MSB 00 LSB 02 Data 00-3F.
            >>>
            >>> I cant get it to turn on using the corresponding NRPN MSB 00 LSB 02 Data
            >> 40-7F.
            >>>
            >>> Am I on the right track? Does there need to be any other corresponding
            >> information in order to get the arpeggiator on/off. I guess I'm looking for
            >> the best way to use the arpeggiator within a song where there are parts
            >> that it is needed, and not needed. Thanks to all!

          • LARRY HAWKE
            Message 5 of 5 , May 15, 2013
              Could the a r p be triggered with a foot switch?