Re: [korgms2000] Re: Midi conection MS2000R

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2013
      I would put the axiom to the in on the focusrite, and the out to the
      ms2000r so u can sequence the ms2000r with ableton
      On Mar 2, 2013 9:20 AM, "lol101@..." <lol101@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Midi Cable from you're what i would do is take the midi out from you're
      > axiom to the midi in on the Ms2000r and then from the midi thru on the
      > ms2000r to the midi in on your focusrite that way you'll be playing your
      > ms2000 and the midi informarion will be coming thru onto abelton (you'll
      > have to turn Midi receive on in the Ms2000r global sttings)
      >
      > --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, Funkerton wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > Just bought a MS2000R on ebay, would like to know how do you connect
      > > this Box to a Midi Controller.
      > >
      > > I have a M-Audio Axiom 49 and a Focusrite Pro 40 Interface, both with
      > > Midi ins & Outs
      > >
      > > Where would you connect the MS2000R?
      > > I work with Ableton and will add a new synth next Month (Supernova
      > > Novation), and would like to know how to connect both correctly.
      > >
      > > Thanks!

    • Gabriel Lorenzo
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 9, 2013
        Thanks to all your suggestions for the midi connections, but I think the Midi IN on the MS2000R is not working or faulty ...
        I turned the Memory Protection OFF , Selected Midi Channel 01 on the Synth and Axiom 49 but the thing is not responding...

        I connected just the Midi Out from the Axiom to the Midi In MS2000R

        Any Ideas? will try with a different Midi Controller just in case...

        Thanks in advance!

        El 02/03/2013, a las 20:22, Matt <somatt@...> escribió:

        > I would put the axiom to the in on the focusrite, and the out to the
        > ms2000r so u can sequence the ms2000r with ableton
        > On Mar 2, 2013 9:20 AM, "lol101@..." <lol101@...> wrote:
        >
        >> **
        >>

        >> Midi Cable from you're what i would do is take the midi out from you're
        >> axiom to the midi in on the Ms2000r and then from the midi thru on the
        >> ms2000r to the midi in on your focusrite that way you'll be playing your
        >> ms2000 and the midi informarion will be coming thru onto abelton (you'll
        >> have to turn Midi receive on in the Ms2000r global sttings)
        >>
        >> --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, Funkerton wrote:
        >>>
        >>> Hi,
        >>>
        >>> Just bought a MS2000R on ebay, would like to know how do you connect
        >>> this Box to a Midi Controller.
        >>>
        >>> I have a M-Audio Axiom 49 and a Focusrite Pro 40 Interface, both with
        >>> Midi ins & Outs
        >>>
        >>> Where would you connect the MS2000R?
        >>> I work with Ableton and will add a new synth next Month (Supernova
        >>> Novation), and would like to know how to connect both correctly.
        >>>
        >>> Thanks!

      • John Reis
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 9, 2013
          On the axiom, did you enable the midi out to be used as a midi interface? A midi icon will be on the blue screen.

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Mar 9, 2013, at 11:57 AM, Gabriel Lorenzo <funkerton@...> wrote:

          > Thanks to all your suggestions for the midi connections, but I think the Midi IN on the MS2000R is not working or faulty ...
          > I turned the Memory Protection OFF , Selected Midi Channel 01 on the Synth and Axiom 49 but the thing is not responding...
          >
          > I connected just the Midi Out from the Axiom to the Midi In MS2000R
          >
          > Any Ideas? will try with a different Midi Controller just in case...
          >
          > Thanks in advance!
          >
          > El 02/03/2013, a las 20:22, Matt <somatt@...> escribió:
          >
          > > I would put the axiom to the in on the focusrite, and the out to the
          > > ms2000r so u can sequence the ms2000r with ableton
          > > On Mar 2, 2013 9:20 AM, "lol101@...101@...> wrote:
          > >
          > >> **
          > >>

          > >> Midi Cable from you're what i would do is take the midi out from you're
          > >> axiom to the midi in on the Ms2000r and then from the midi thru on the
          > >> ms2000r to the midi in on your focusrite that way you'll be playing your
          > >> ms2000 and the midi informarion will be coming thru onto abelton (you'll
          > >> have to turn Midi receive on in the Ms2000r global sttings)

        • Gabriel Lorenzo
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 9, 2013
            Hi,

            Yes there is a Midi Connector Icon on the Blue Screen, However.. I didn't know you can enable/disable Midi Out on the axiom?
            Any other sugestion?

            Thanks!

            El 09/03/2013, a las 22:17, John Reis <johnereis@...> escribió:

            > On the axiom, did you enable the midi out to be used as a midi interface? A midi icon will be on the blue screen.
            >
            > Sent from my iPhone
            >
            > On Mar 9, 2013, at 11:57 AM, Gabriel Lorenzo <funkerton@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Thanks to all your suggestions for the midi connections, but I think the Midi IN on the MS2000R is not working or faulty ...
            > > I turned the Memory Protection OFF , Selected Midi Channel 01 on the Synth and Axiom 49 but the thing is not responding...
            > >
            > > I connected just the Midi Out from the Axiom to the Midi In MS2000R
            > >
            > > Any Ideas? will try with a different Midi Controller just in case...
            > >
            > > Thanks in advance!
            > >
            > > El 02/03/2013, a las 20:22, Matt <somatt@...> escribió:
            > >
            > > > I would put the axiom to the in on the focusrite, and the out to the
            > > > ms2000r so u can sequence the ms2000r with ableton

          • Gabriel Lorenzo
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 9, 2013
              A bit more info:
              I just tríed the other way...
              I connected the ms2000 OUT to the Axiom IN and pressed the keys 1-16 on the Korg and was able to play a Vsti in Ableton....

              My first hardware Synth...This is driving me nuts...

              El 09/03/2013, a las 22:24, Gabriel Lorenzo <funkerton@...> escribió:

              > Hi,
              >
              > Yes there is a Midi Connector Icon on the Blue Screen, However.. I didn't know you can enable/disable Midi Out on the axiom?
              > Any other sugestion?
              >
              > Thanks!
              >
              > El 09/03/2013, a las 22:17, John Reis <johnereis@...> escribió:
              >
              > > On the axiom, did you enable the midi out to be used as a midi interface? A midi icon will be on the blue screen.
              > >
              > > Sent from my iPhone
              > >
              > > On Mar 9, 2013, at 11:57 AM, Gabriel Lorenzo <funkerton@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > > Thanks to all your suggestions for the midi connections, but I think the Midi IN on the MS2000R is not working or faulty ...
              > > > I turned the Memory Protection OFF , Selected Midi Channel 01 on the Synth and Axiom 49 but the thing is not responding...
              > > >
              > > > I connected just the Midi Out from the Axiom to the Midi In MS2000R
              > > >
              > > > Any Ideas? will try with a different Midi Controller just in case...
              > > >
              > > > Thanks in advance!

            • John Reis
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 9, 2013
                Does your audio interface have a midi out?

                Sent from my iPhone