Midi conection MS2000R

  • Funkerton
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2013
      Hi,

      Just bought a MS2000R on ebay, would like to know how do you connect
      this Box to a Midi Controller.

      I have a M-Audio Axiom 49 and a Focusrite Pro 40 Interface, both with
      Midi ins & Outs

      Where would you connect the MS2000R?
      I work with Ableton and will add a new synth next Month (Supernova
      Novation), and would like to know how to connect both correctly.

      Thanks!

    • lol101@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2, 2013
        Midi Cable from you're what i would do is take the midi out from you're axiom to the midi in on the Ms2000r and then from the midi thru on the ms2000r to the midi in on your focusrite that way you'll be playing your ms2000 and the midi informarion will be coming thru onto abelton (you'll have to turn Midi receive on in the Ms2000r global sttings)

        --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, Funkerton <funkerton@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Just bought a MS2000R on ebay, would like to know how do you connect
        > this Box to a Midi Controller.
        >
        > I have a M-Audio Axiom 49 and a Focusrite Pro 40 Interface, both with
        > Midi ins & Outs
        >
        > Where would you connect the MS2000R?
        > I work with Ableton and will add a new synth next Month (Supernova
        > Novation), and would like to know how to connect both correctly.
        >
        > Thanks!

      • Matt
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 2, 2013
          I would put the axiom to the in on the focusrite, and the out to the
          ms2000r so u can sequence the ms2000r with ableton
          On Mar 2, 2013 9:20 AM, "lol101@..." <lol101@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Midi Cable from you're what i would do is take the midi out from you're
          > axiom to the midi in on the Ms2000r and then from the midi thru on the
          > ms2000r to the midi in on your focusrite that way you'll be playing your
          > ms2000 and the midi informarion will be coming thru onto abelton (you'll
          > have to turn Midi receive on in the Ms2000r global sttings)
          >
          > --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, Funkerton wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > Just bought a MS2000R on ebay, would like to know how do you connect
          > > this Box to a Midi Controller.
          > >
          > > I have a M-Audio Axiom 49 and a Focusrite Pro 40 Interface, both with
          > > Midi ins & Outs
          > >
          > > Where would you connect the MS2000R?
          > > I work with Ableton and will add a new synth next Month (Supernova
          > > Novation), and would like to know how to connect both correctly.
          > >
          > > Thanks!

        • Gabriel Lorenzo
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 9, 2013
            Thanks to all your suggestions for the midi connections, but I think the Midi IN on the MS2000R is not working or faulty ...
            I turned the Memory Protection OFF , Selected Midi Channel 01 on the Synth and Axiom 49 but the thing is not responding...

            I connected just the Midi Out from the Axiom to the Midi In MS2000R

            Any Ideas? will try with a different Midi Controller just in case...

            Thanks in advance!

            El 02/03/2013, a las 20:22, Matt <somatt@...> escribió:

            > I would put the axiom to the in on the focusrite, and the out to the
            > ms2000r so u can sequence the ms2000r with ableton
            > On Mar 2, 2013 9:20 AM, "lol101@..." <lol101@...> wrote:
            >
            >> **
            >>

            >> Midi Cable from you're what i would do is take the midi out from you're
            >> axiom to the midi in on the Ms2000r and then from the midi thru on the
            >> ms2000r to the midi in on your focusrite that way you'll be playing your
            >> ms2000 and the midi informarion will be coming thru onto abelton (you'll
            >> have to turn Midi receive on in the Ms2000r global sttings)
            >>
            >> --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, Funkerton wrote:
            >>>
            >>> Hi,
            >>>
            >>> Just bought a MS2000R on ebay, would like to know how do you connect
            >>> this Box to a Midi Controller.
            >>>
            >>> I have a M-Audio Axiom 49 and a Focusrite Pro 40 Interface, both with
            >>> Midi ins & Outs
            >>>
            >>> Where would you connect the MS2000R?
            >>> I work with Ableton and will add a new synth next Month (Supernova
            >>> Novation), and would like to know how to connect both correctly.
            >>>
            >>> Thanks!

          • John Reis
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 9, 2013
              On the axiom, did you enable the midi out to be used as a midi interface? A midi icon will be on the blue screen.

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Mar 9, 2013, at 11:57 AM, Gabriel Lorenzo <funkerton@...> wrote:

              > Thanks to all your suggestions for the midi connections, but I think the Midi IN on the MS2000R is not working or faulty ...
              > I turned the Memory Protection OFF , Selected Midi Channel 01 on the Synth and Axiom 49 but the thing is not responding...
              >
              > I connected just the Midi Out from the Axiom to the Midi In MS2000R
              >
              > Any Ideas? will try with a different Midi Controller just in case...
              >
              > Thanks in advance!
              >
              > El 02/03/2013, a las 20:22, Matt <somatt@...> escribió:
              >
              > > I would put the axiom to the in on the focusrite, and the out to the
              > > ms2000r so u can sequence the ms2000r with ableton
              > > On Mar 2, 2013 9:20 AM, "lol101@...101@...> wrote:
              > >
              > >> **
              > >>

              > >> Midi Cable from you're what i would do is take the midi out from you're
              > >> axiom to the midi in on the Ms2000r and then from the midi thru on the
              > >> ms2000r to the midi in on your focusrite that way you'll be playing your
              > >> ms2000 and the midi informarion will be coming thru onto abelton (you'll
              > >> have to turn Midi receive on in the Ms2000r global sttings)

            • Gabriel Lorenzo
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 9, 2013
                Hi,

                Yes there is a Midi Connector Icon on the Blue Screen, However.. I didn't know you can enable/disable Midi Out on the axiom?
                Any other sugestion?

                Thanks!

                El 09/03/2013, a las 22:17, John Reis <johnereis@...> escribió:

                > On the axiom, did you enable the midi out to be used as a midi interface? A midi icon will be on the blue screen.
                >
                > Sent from my iPhone
                >
                > On Mar 9, 2013, at 11:57 AM, Gabriel Lorenzo <funkerton@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Thanks to all your suggestions for the midi connections, but I think the Midi IN on the MS2000R is not working or faulty ...
                > > I turned the Memory Protection OFF , Selected Midi Channel 01 on the Synth and Axiom 49 but the thing is not responding...
                > >
                > > I connected just the Midi Out from the Axiom to the Midi In MS2000R
                > >
                > > Any Ideas? will try with a different Midi Controller just in case...
                > >
                > > Thanks in advance!
                > >
                > > El 02/03/2013, a las 20:22, Matt <somatt@...> escribió:
                > >
                > > > I would put the axiom to the in on the focusrite, and the out to the
                > > > ms2000r so u can sequence the ms2000r with ableton

              • Gabriel Lorenzo
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 9, 2013
                  A bit more info:
                  I just tríed the other way...
                  I connected the ms2000 OUT to the Axiom IN and pressed the keys 1-16 on the Korg and was able to play a Vsti in Ableton....

                  My first hardware Synth...This is driving me nuts...

                  El 09/03/2013, a las 22:24, Gabriel Lorenzo <funkerton@...> escribió:

                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > Yes there is a Midi Connector Icon on the Blue Screen, However.. I didn't know you can enable/disable Midi Out on the axiom?
                  > Any other sugestion?
                  >
                  > Thanks!
                  >
                  > El 09/03/2013, a las 22:17, John Reis <johnereis@...> escribió:
                  >
                  > > On the axiom, did you enable the midi out to be used as a midi interface? A midi icon will be on the blue screen.
                  > >
                  > > Sent from my iPhone
                  > >
                  > > On Mar 9, 2013, at 11:57 AM, Gabriel Lorenzo <funkerton@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > Thanks to all your suggestions for the midi connections, but I think the Midi IN on the MS2000R is not working or faulty ...
                  > > > I turned the Memory Protection OFF , Selected Midi Channel 01 on the Synth and Axiom 49 but the thing is not responding...
                  > > >
                  > > > I connected just the Midi Out from the Axiom to the Midi In MS2000R
                  > > >
                  > > > Any Ideas? will try with a different Midi Controller just in case...
                  > > >
                  > > > Thanks in advance!

                • John Reis
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 9, 2013
                    Does your audio interface have a midi out?

                    Sent from my iPhone