Midi/sysex problems on multiple MS2000Rs.

  • S
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 3, 2013
      Hi All. So I have a MS2000r and just got a second one. My problem though is sysex loading. I have tried on two computers and with two different interfaces, cheapo Amazon unit and an EMU XMIDI. Both computers are Windows 7 64-bit. Neither MS2000 works...same errors for both.

      I cannot get Patch Buddy or Midi Ox to work when trying to load sysex to the unit. Patch Buddy gives me a Sysex Transfer Failed - Data Load Error. I have searched here and seen others have gotten this issue, but no solutions that apply to me. Midi Ox looks as if its working but does the same thing, but no errors. The MS2000 says its receiving, but nothing on the unit changes.

      Am I wrong that the only settings on the Korg that need to be changed are the memory protect to off and the the sysex setting to enable? That is all the Patch Buddy instructions say.

      Not sure if it matters, but I am running an AMD 8 core on one and an Intel Core i3 on the other.

      I hope I just somehow missed a setting that needs to be changed, but I doubt it.
    • Amongst Myselves
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 3, 2013
        Howdy,

        I seem to remember I had this problem some time back as it's been a
        while since using the sysex dump but I think it has something to do with
        the speed of which the sysex data is being transferred. Can you slow it
        down at all ?

        Another thing is just to make sure you don't have the two synths on the
        same midi line. Have you totally removed one of them and tried it ?

        Hope this helps.

        Steve R.

        ---

        Amongst Myselves - ambient - landscape and space music
        www.amongstmyselves.com <http://www.amongstmyselves.com/>

      • johnereis@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 3, 2013
          I had a problem like that on Windows 7 with my MS2000R.  I used Bome's Send SX http://www.bome.com/products/sendsx and set the MS2000R to midi channel 1. That worked for me. So many cool patched to load into the MS2K.

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 3, 2013
            I want to thank you all for the time. While I am sure more playing with the time in MIDI OX would eventually worked I just installed the Bome's SendSX program and it worked on the first try. AWESOME. Thank you so much.

            --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, johnereis@... wrote:

            > I had a problem like that on Windows 7 with my MS2000R.  I used Bome's Send SX http://www.bome.com/products/sendsx and set the MS2000R to midi channel 1. That worked for me. So many cool patched to load into the MS2K.
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Robert Dorschel
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 3, 2013
              Howdy folks.

              I am putting up my MS2000R -- in great, pampered shape, studio use except for one show (being honest here) -- tomorrow. I'm selling it for two reasons: 1) I need money, 2) I have a microKORG to play my hard-tweaked patches, and 3) I need money. Please note #1 and #3. Otherwise I would keep it around. Everything works, no issues.

              I will also be selling a Roland SH-201, also in pristine shape, and also used for only one show (again, being honest). Regarding what that one show was: I only play one show a year at Electro-Music.com's EM fest, otherwise I'm not a gigging musician, so I'm serious about my gear being in great shape.

              (event.electro-music.com)

              Please note these won't be posted until about noon Eastern Standard Time tomorrow (Fri Jan 04) to give the west coast a fair chance at bidding if it goes all the way to the last minute. Otherwise my auctions are generally first bidder wins at a fixed price, which I gauge according to average selling prices for these models. 48 USA Contiguous states only, though, sorry rest of the world. Shipping is from Syracuse, NY.

              My eBay user name is: burntphoenix
              so you know you have the correct auction if you decide to go looking.

              Any questions, email me tomorrow. I check my email often.
              I'd like it to go to a member of this community if possible, so I know it's in good hands.

              ~Robert

            • Matthew Marzolf
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 4, 2013
                How much are you looking for for the 2000R? Mine died : (

                On Jan 3, 2013, at 11:46 PM, Robert Dorschel wrote:

                > Howdy folks.
                >
                > I am putting up my MS2000R -- in great, pampered shape, studio use except for one show (being honest here) -- tomorrow. I'm selling it for two reasons: 1) I need money, 2) I have a microKORG to play my hard-tweaked patches, and 3) I need money. Please note #1 and #3. Otherwise I would keep it around. Everything works, no issues.
                >
                > I will also be selling a Roland SH-201, also in pristine shape, and also used for only one show (again, being honest). Regarding what that one show was: I only play one show a year at Electro-Music.com's EM fest, otherwise I'm not a gigging musician, so I'm serious about my gear being in great shape.
                >
                > (event.electro-music.com)
                >
                > Please note these won't be posted until about noon Eastern Standard Time tomorrow (Fri Jan 04) to give the west coast a fair chance at bidding if it goes all the way to the last minute. Otherwise my auctions are generally first bidder wins at a fixed price, which I gauge according to average selling prices for these models. 48 USA Contiguous states only, though, sorry rest of the world. Shipping is from Syracuse, NY.
                >
                > My eBay user name is: burntphoenix
                > so you know you have the correct auction if you decide to go looking.
                >
                > Any questions, email me tomorrow. I check my email often.
                > I'd like it to go to a member of this community if possible, so I know it's in good hands.
                >
                > ~Robert

              • Matthew Marzolf
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 4, 2013
                  And where in Sorryxcuse do you live? Just curious....more or less grew up there...

                  On Jan 4, 2013, at 8:15 AM, Matthew Marzolf wrote:

                  > How much are you looking for for the 2000R? Mine died : (
                  >
                  > On Jan 3, 2013, at 11:46 PM, Robert Dorschel wrote:
                  >
                  >> Howdy folks.
                  >>
                  >> I am putting up my MS2000R -- in great, pampered shape, studio use except for one show (being honest here) -- tomorrow. I'm selling it for two reasons: 1) I need money, 2) I have a microKORG to play my hard-tweaked patches, and 3) I need money. Please note #1 and #3. Otherwise I would keep it around. Everything works, no issues.
                  >>
                  >> I will also be selling a Roland SH-201, also in pristine shape, and also used for only one show (again, being honest). Regarding what that one show was: I only play one show a year at Electro-Music.com's EM fest, otherwise I'm not a gigging musician, so I'm serious about my gear being in great shape.
                  >>
                  >> (event.electro-music.com)
                  >>
                  >> Please note these won't be posted until about noon Eastern Standard Time tomorrow (Fri Jan 04) to give the west coast a fair chance at bidding if it goes all the way to the last minute. Otherwise my auctions are generally first bidder wins at a fixed price, which I gauge according to average selling prices for these models. 48 USA Contiguous states only, though, sorry rest of the world. Shipping is from Syracuse, NY.
                  >>
                  >> My eBay user name is: burntphoenix
                  >> so you know you have the correct auction if you decide to go looking.
                  >>
                  >> Any questions, email me tomorrow. I check my email often.
                  >> I'd like it to go to a member of this community if possible, so I know it's in good hands.
                  >>
                  >> ~Robert

                • Robert Dorschel
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 4, 2013
                    Hey Matt,

                    1) For the MS2Kr, I'd sell it to you direct for $320 with free shipping via PayPal. Keep n mind this unit doesn't have any of these random issues I see here on the forum.

                    I got from your email address you're in Baltimore? That's not too far, it should get there in like, 2 days after I get it to FedEx/UPS.  When I post it on eBay, I'm listing it at $350 or $360 since eBay nicks you rather badly with their fees. Please let me know if you can soon,  I'll be posting it on eBay around noon.

                    2) I grew up on the north side around Bear St and First North, But I went to Nottingham High School. Now I live in Eastwood, but looking at a house in the University area, and another in Jamesville. How about you? I moved out of Sorrycuse to Las Vegas in the 90s, but came back so my son with grow up with his extended family.

                    Let me know about the MS2K.
                    Attached is a series of pics.
                    You're looking at the unit; one showing a blemish in the paint, the factory power supply, manual, serial #, and you're looking at how I put clear tape on the front buttons and wrote the notes on the tape in Sharpie (not on the unit)... you know how it can be triggered/played as a 'keyboard'
                    P.s. this is just for those items, not the little rack or the Akai in the pics.

                    ~Robert

                    ________________________________
                    And where in Sorryxcuse do you live? Just curious....more or less grew up there...

                    On Jan 4, 2013, at 8:15 AM, Matthew Marzolf wrote:

                    > How much are you looking for for the 2000R? Mine died : (
                    >
                    > On Jan 3, 2013, at 11:46 PM, Robert Dorschel wrote:
                    >
                    >> Howdy folks.
                    >>
                    >> I am putting up my MS2000R -- in great, pampered shape, studio use except for one show (being honest here) -- tomorrow. I'm selling it for two reasons: 1) I need money, 2) I have a microKORG to play my hard-tweaked patches, and 3) I need money. Please note #1 and #3. Otherwise I would keep it around. Everything works, no issues.
                    >>
                    >> I will also be selling a Roland SH-201, also in pristine shape, and also used for only one show (again, being honest). Regarding what that one show was: I only play one show a year at Electro-Music.com's EM fest, otherwise I'm not a gigging musician, so I'm serious about my gear being in great shape.
                    >>
                    >> (event.electro-music.com)
                    >>
                    >> Please note these won't be posted until about noon Eastern Standard Time tomorrow (Fri Jan 04) to give the west coast a fair chance at bidding if it goes all the way to the last minute. Otherwise my auctions are generally first bidder wins at a fixed price, which I gauge according to average selling prices for these models. 48 USA Contiguous states only, though, sorry rest of the world. Shipping is from Syracuse, NY.
                    >>
                    >> My eBay user name is: burntphoenix
                    >> so you know you have the correct auction if you decide to go looking.
                    >>
                    >> Any questions, email me tomorrow. I check my email often.
                    >> I'd like it to go to a member of this community if possible, so I know it's in good hands.
                    >>
                    >> ~Robert

                  • Robert Dorschel
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 4, 2013
                      whoops