MS2000b vocoder issue?

  • callockard
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2012
      I have recently picked up a MS2000B with built-in microphone. I seem to be having problems and I wanted to ask if anyone else is experiencing low output or the mic not picking up the signal until just about yelling into the mic? I used to have one but I don't remember having to speak very loudly into it for the vocoder to sound...
      The green signal light barely flickers at full input volume.
      It has the factory mic
    • mccreature
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4, 2012
        --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, "callockard" <callockard@...> wrote:

        > I have recently picked up a MS2000B with built-in microphone. I seem to be having problems and I wanted to ask if anyone else is experiencing low output or the mic not picking up the signal until just about yelling into the mic? I used to have one but I don't remember having to speak very loudly into it for the vocoder to sound...
        > The green signal light barely flickers at full input volume.
        > It has the factory mic

        Do you have it switched to "line" instead of "mic" on the back? If not..I would try plugging in a different mic to see if that's the issue.
      • michael walker
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4, 2012
          Have you got another microphone you can test it with?
        • callockard
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 5, 2012
            No,
            This is the "b" model with built-in mic, I don't think it has a switch
            Thanks

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 5, 2012
              Nope, but sounds like somewhere to start.
              Thanks

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 5, 2012
                Just checked on the back of my B. There is a switch on the back for mic/line that corresponds to the front microphone input. That should do it!