hard ms2000r problem to solve

  • amyfletcher@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 5 10:53 PM
      hi all..
      i have a big problem with my ms2000r. if someone could please help me out..i tried the boards and forums but cant find a solution..and no im not a ditsy girl lol..here goes..

      for the last few months, i noticed that it takes loner and longer to switch between the sounds..then some sounds wouldnt play at all..

      today,while in the middle of recording a track,my friend pressed something and now nothing works.

      it turns on, and i can scroll through the diffrernt sounds+menus, but midi isnt registering and no sound comes out of the 1-16 buttons work if i press the keyboard button on the left (out of the outs or headphone port)..

      i tried the firmware upgrade and am now running 1.7 (though it says 7 on the screen) i think..
      i did the menu->2d->global/program reset and still nothing..
      i did the re init: hold mod key+3..it scrolls through the menus, then freezes on midi and says something like "midi loop error"..no sound comes out of the outs, but a sound like a layered midi time code comes out of the headphone port..

      my setup is: m-audio keys->motu microlite->2000r midi in->2000r midi out->microlite..via protools 6.9 on xp quad 4gb ram..

      thankyou all so much in advance...:)
    • Matt
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 6 8:46 AM
        Try the m audio keys direct and see if the problem lies in the computer.
        On Mar 6, 2012 7:12 AM, "amyfletcher@..." <amyfletcher@...>
        wrote:

        > **
        >

        > hi all..
        > i have a big problem with my ms2000r. if someone could please help me
        > out..i tried the boards and forums but cant find a solution..and no im not
        > a ditsy girl lol..here goes..
        >
        > for the last few months, i noticed that it takes loner and longer to
        > switch between the sounds..then some sounds wouldnt play at all..
        >
        > today,while in the middle of recording a track,my friend pressed something
        > and now nothing works.
        >
        > it turns on, and i can scroll through the diffrernt sounds+menus, but midi
        > isnt registering and no sound comes out of the 1-16 buttons work if i press
        > the keyboard button on the left (out of the outs or headphone port)..
        >
        > i tried the firmware upgrade and am now running 1.7 (though it says 7 on
        > the screen) i think..
        > i did the menu->2d->global/program reset and still nothing..
        > i did the re init: hold mod key+3..it scrolls through the menus, then
        > freezes on midi and says something like "midi loop error"..no sound comes
        > out of the outs, but a sound like a layered midi time code comes out of the
        > headphone port..
        >
        > my setup is: m-audio keys->motu microlite->2000r midi in->2000r midi
        > out->microlite..via protools 6.9 on xp quad 4gb ram..
        >
        > thankyou all so much in advance...:)

      • Jhonnie Kratong
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 6 12:55 PM
          Try to change the battery.

          2012/3/6 Matt <somatt@...>

          > Try the m audio keys direct and see if the problem lies in the computer.
          > On Mar 6, 2012 7:12 AM, "amyfletcher@..." <amyfletcher@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > hi all..
          > > i have a big problem with my ms2000r. if someone could please help me
          > > out..i tried the boards and forums but cant find a solution..and no im
          > not
          > > a ditsy girl lol..here goes..
          > >
          > > for the last few months, i noticed that it takes loner and longer to
          > > switch between the sounds..then some sounds wouldnt play at all..
          > >
          > > today,while in the middle of recording a track,my friend pressed
          > something
          > > and now nothing works.
          > >
          > > it turns on, and i can scroll through the diffrernt sounds+menus, but
          > midi
          > > isnt registering and no sound comes out of the 1-16 buttons work if i
          > press
          > > the keyboard button on the left (out of the outs or headphone port)..
          > >
          > > i tried the firmware upgrade and am now running 1.7 (though it says 7 on
          > > the screen) i think..
          > > i did the menu->2d->global/program reset and still nothing..
          > > i did the re init: hold mod key+3..it scrolls through the menus, then
          > > freezes on midi and says something like "midi loop error"..no sound comes
          > > out of the outs, but a sound like a layered midi time code comes out of
          > the
          > > headphone port..
          > >
          > > my setup is: m-audio keys->motu microlite->2000r midi in->2000r midi
          > > out->microlite..via protools 6.9 on xp quad 4gb ram..
          > >
          > > thankyou all so much in advance...:)

        • Amy Fletcher
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 7 1:23 AM
            hi
            ive tested the unit by itself and with protools..i havent tested it yet with keys straight to 2000r, only because of the following:
            just auditioning the sounds with the "piano" key on the left, doesnt work..
            the unit powers on and patch1a comes up (i think its stab saw)..
            i press the "piano" button on the left..then i try to press the 1-16 keys and no sound comes out and the pad doesnt light up..
            so cant see much use for the midi testing when the sounds arent even working on it...
            and it still doesnt explain why the sound sets take so long to switch over..Sad
            i really hope the unit isn't dead/dying...

            ________________________________
            wrote:

            > **
            >

            > hi all..
            > i have a big problem with my ms2000r. if someone could please help me
            > out..i tried the boards and forums but cant find a solution..and no im not
            > a ditsy girl lol..here goes..
            >
            > for the last few months, i noticed that it takes loner and longer to
            > switch between the sounds..then some sounds wouldnt play at all..
            >
            > today,while in the middle of recording a track,my friend pressed something
            > and now nothing works.
            >
            > it turns on, and i can scroll through the diffrernt sounds+menus, but midi
            > isnt registering and no sound comes out of the 1-16 buttons work if i press
            > the keyboard button on the left (out of the outs or headphone port)..
            >
            > i tried the firmware upgrade and am now running 1.7 (though it says 7 on
            > the screen) i think..
            > i did the menu->2d->global/program reset and still nothing..
            > i did the re init: hold mod key+3..it scrolls through the menus, then
            > freezes on midi and says something like "midi loop error"..no sound comes
            > out of the outs, but a sound like a layered midi time code comes out of the
            > headphone port..
            >
            > my setup is: m-audio keys->motu microlite->2000r midi in->2000r midi
            > out->microlite..via protools 6.9 on xp quad 4gb ram..
            >
            > thankyou all so much in advance...:)

          • Loscha
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 7 1:42 AM
              hey Amy.

              Sorry to say, but it sounds pretty dead.
              Have you done all the dsp checks in the test mode?

              Full service manual at www.loscha.com/scans

              www.loscha.com
            • Amy Fletcher
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 7 1:50 AM
                Hi..
                There's no battery in the ms2000r...but thanks for the idea..

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 7 2:00 AM
                  yea ive done the different tests...it keeps coming up with midi loop timeout error..and freezes on this menu..;( thanks for the idea

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 7 2:09 AM
                    you didn't have a midi cable looped from in to out, and that failed,
                    you've got dramas.

                    Does the Demo run?

                    www.loscha.com
                  • Amy Fletcher
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 7 2:23 AM
                      no..i have:microlite out 5 into 2000r in, ms2000r out into microlite in 5.
                      demo goes and lights come up, but no sound through headphone port...
                      :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

                      ________________________________
                      you didn't have a midi cable looped from in to out, and that failed,
                      you've got dramas.

                      Does the Demo run?

                      On 3/7/12, Amy Fletcher <amyfletcher@...> wrote:
                      > yea ive done the different tests...it keeps coming up with midi loop timeout
                      > error..and freezes on this menu..;( thanks for the idea
                      >

                      > ________________________________

                      www.loscha.com

                    • Loscha
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 7 2:26 AM
                        does the 'original value' light work?

                        Could be a fault in the audio outs. Relatively 'cheap' to repair.

                        Do the knobs transmit MIDI???

                        www.loscha.com
                      • Matthew Marzolf
                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 7 6:47 AM
                          Does it seem like a number of these are hitting an end of life cycle? I hadn't used mine in a while. Wasn't plugged in for months. Pulled it out, plugged it in and nothing. No lights, no signs of life at all. Popped it open to check power connector and it's solidly connected to the board. Sucks.