Re: Lookng for the best Midi hook up for me.

  • Ray Hoo
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 1, 2011
      Well i'm glad it's not isolated to just me. To be honest ,i've given up. I have better things to do. If i had to guess, i'd say its windows 7. Thats what i use & it's 64 bit. The Ms2000 was made way before 64bit operating systems were common.
      It would be worth trying a friends computer on xp to see if worked or not.
      The only other thing it could be is a fault with the synth. I ran a diagnostic & it couldn't complete so i guess there is a glitch somewhere.
      If you have any joy, i'd like to hear about it & if i have any luck i'll post here.

      --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, "hans_74@..." <hans_74@...> wrote:

      > Hi there,just joined this group myself and was about to post when I saw that your problem with the os update is exactly the same as mine. I'm getting the exact same display but I'm using windows 7 not vista. Did you get it working or get any good advice? I'm still trying and scratching my head to be honest. Hope you can help- Hans_74.
      >
      > --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Hoo" <rayhoobeats@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm now attempting to up update the os using a laptop with vista & its a different scenario.
      > > The display int the updater is as follows...
      > > FILE : Type=SYSTEM, Version= 1.07 ,On the next line i get this...
      > > ..... set mode: f0 42 23 58 03 00 f7
      > >
      > > The synth displays ipl s.p.u [sys] & the patch lights 1,2,3,&4 are on along with osc 2 saw motif led.
      > >
      > > Is that updating or telling me to change settings ?
      > > I aborted the first time because it took so long & i'm trying again now, can't tell if anything is happening ! Looks like i'll have to abort again.
      > >
      > > Anyway i'll keep trying but if someone can advise i'd be very grateful.
      > >
      > > --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Hoo" <rayhoobeats@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I bought one of those midi-usb devices & hooked it up.
      > > > I keep getting the following message........
      > > > midi in open error.unexpected error
      > > > This happens at the point where i go to open the update file.
      > > > Does anyone know what i am doing wrong. Could it be a windows7 issue ??

    • darkpand
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 2, 2011
        Il 01/11/11 14.57, Ray Hoo ha scritto:
        > Well i'm glad it's not isolated to just me. To be honest ,i've given up. I have better things to do. If i had to guess, i'd say its windows 7. Thats what i use& it's 64 bit. The Ms2000 was made way before 64bit operating systems were common.
        > It would be worth trying a friends computer on xp to see if worked or not.
        > The only other thing it could be is a fault with the synth. I ran a diagnostic& it couldn't complete so i guess there is a glitch somewhere.
        > If you have any joy, i'd like to hear about it& if i have any luck i'll post here.

        If you're using those crappy midi-usb interfaces (you know, those we
        were talkin' about, the silver cable you can find on ebay for about
        10-12$), they can't deal with fast sysex transfers. I had this problem
        transferring the os for the ucapps.de core module, i tried with that
        cable and it didn't work, tried with my Edirol PCM-30 (a usb keyboard
        that works also as a midi/usb interface) and it was workin' like a charm.
        Try to re-upload the os with a good interface, if you can borrow it from
        someone.

        Bye, darkpand.
      • Ray Hoo
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 4, 2011
          Thanks very much for posting. I'll give it a go.

          --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, darkpand <darkpand@...> wrote:

          > Il 01/11/11 14.57, Ray Hoo ha scritto:
          > > Well i'm glad it's not isolated to just me. To be honest ,i've given up. I have better things to do. If i had to guess, i'd say its windows 7. Thats what i use& it's 64 bit. The Ms2000 was made way before 64bit operating systems were common.
          > > It would be worth trying a friends computer on xp to see if worked or not.
          > > The only other thing it could be is a fault with the synth. I ran a diagnostic& it couldn't complete so i guess there is a glitch somewhere.
          > > If you have any joy, i'd like to hear about it& if i have any luck i'll post here.
          >
          > If you're using those crappy midi-usb interfaces (you know, those we
          > were talkin' about, the silver cable you can find on ebay for about
          > 10-12$), they can't deal with fast sysex transfers. I had this problem
          > transferring the os for the ucapps.de core module, i tried with that
          > cable and it didn't work, tried with my Edirol PCM-30 (a usb keyboard
          > that works also as a midi/usb interface) and it was workin' like a charm.
          > Try to re-upload the os with a good interface, if you can borrow it from
          > someone.
          >
          > Bye, darkpand.

        • Ray Hoo
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 8, 2011
            I bought a new midi interface. A good one. E-mu 2 in 2 out. Tried the vers-up to the ms2k again but just got error messages .One error was a time out & the other is this.....

            ****************
            ** MS2000/R SystemUpdate Utility v1.3 started on Microsoft Windows NT variant ()
            ****************
            Starting MIDI transfer of file C:\Users\Hoo\Desktop\x811v107.sys
            SkipVer : No
            XferRate : Very Fast
            MidiOut : E-MU Xmidi 2x2 v0.118 (0x76)
            MidiIn : E-MU Xmidi 2x2 v0.118 (0x76)

            Midi In Open Error : Unexpected Error

            I tried the update at all the different speed settings & checked cables & connections. Double checked configuration in the software & checked the ms2k in global mode settings.
            One of two things is happening here....
            1.i have still missed a trick. or....
            2. There is a fault with the synth which the midi signal can't get passed & if thats the case, tough luck unless i want to pay for an overhaul.....
            It's still a mean synth & i got it for less than £300.I can still make some mean basses & fx with it.......Hmmmm, Wonder why the last owner sold it ?

            --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Hoo" <rayhoobeats@...> wrote:

            > Thanks very much for posting. I'll give it a go.
            >
            > --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, darkpand <darkpand@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Il 01/11/11 14.57, Ray Hoo ha scritto:
            > > > Well i'm glad it's not isolated to just me. To be honest ,i've given up. I have better things to do. If i had to guess, i'd say its windows 7. Thats what i use& it's 64 bit. The Ms2000 was made way before 64bit operating systems were common.
            > > > It would be worth trying a friends computer on xp to see if worked or not.
            > > > The only other thing it could be is a fault with the synth. I ran a diagnostic& it couldn't complete so i guess there is a glitch somewhere.
            > > > If you have any joy, i'd like to hear about it& if i have any luck i'll post here.
            > >
            > > If you're using those crappy midi-usb interfaces (you know, those we
            > > were talkin' about, the silver cable you can find on ebay for about
            > > 10-12$), they can't deal with fast sysex transfers. I had this problem
            > > transferring the os for the ucapps.de core module, i tried with that
            > > cable and it didn't work, tried with my Edirol PCM-30 (a usb keyboard
            > > that works also as a midi/usb interface) and it was workin' like a charm.
            > > Try to re-upload the os with a good interface, if you can borrow it from
            > > someone.
            > >
            > > Bye, darkpand.

          • Andrea Toni
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 9, 2011
              This maybe can help u

              http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=41588

              however i remember also that updating my ms2000BR was a pain of trial and error

              i have however used this to do it

              http://www.bome.com/products/sendsx
              http://www.bome.com/products/sendsx/downloads

              take version 122 NOT the beta130

              and in Options select delay when sending
              cant remember exactly the rate that worked for me
              but go on and try at intervals of 10s 20s 30s
              or try 10 50 100

              good luck !!!

              Andrea

              I bought a new midi interface. A good one. E-mu 2 in 2 out. Tried the vers-up to the ms2k
              again but just got error messages .One error was a time out & the other is this.....

              ****************
              ** MS2000/R SystemUpdate Utility v1.3 started on Microsoft Windows NT variant ()
              ****************
              Starting MIDI transfer of file C:\Users\Hoo\Desktop\x811v107.sys
              SkipVer : No
              XferRate : Very Fast
              MidiOut : E-MU Xmidi 2x2 v0.118 (0x76)
              MidiIn : E-MU Xmidi 2x2 v0.118 (0x76)

              Midi In Open Error : Unexpected Error
            • Vinay Kulkarni
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 9, 2011
                I just got a ms2000 and updated - had to send the sysex at a very slow
                speed with an interval. I used the mac version.