Re: [korgms2000] re: ms2k won't turn on...

  • db
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 2, 2011
      Have you contacted Seiko to see if they could suggest a sub?

      At 7/31/2011 12:14 PM, you wrote:
      >yes, i am looking for something comparable to the S-8520F33MC.
      >
      >it looks like the 2980s have a completely different pin configuration.
      >
      >the lm2595 looks like it has all the correct pins, but they're not in the
      >same arrangement. i think this looks like my best bet. i guess i'll come up
      >with a creative solution as to how to properly install it? uh, any
      >suggestions?
      >
      >thanks for your help.
      >
      >On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 3:16 PM, db <dbarton@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > 2980's are in the package you asked for, which is sot23-5
      > >

      > http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts/610752-ic-regulator-ldo-3-3v-sot23-5-ld2980abm33tr.html
      > >

      > > At 7/21/2011 06:46 PM, you wrote:
      > > >the other two regulators that you mentioned, db, have only 3 pins. the
      > > >original 3.3v regulator (that blew out on my ms2k) is self-switching and
      > > >has 5 pins. any other recommendations for 5-pin 3.3v self-switching smd
      > > >regulators? the pins are Vin, Vout, GND, on/off, feedback.

      > > Dennis [Los Angeles]

      Dennis [Los Angeles]
    • narfman96
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 2, 2011
        Try this item number on Ebay in the UK -> 400228730458

        I can't vouch for how reputable they are but their feedback is up near 100%. I also use a seller called Sisitronic that's in China for older hard to find parts. Good luck! Fran