sighting of MS2000 in use

  • Dale
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 21, 2010
      Spock's Beard performed in Downey 2 weekends back, MS2000 in use by the bass player (Dave Meros). http://www.spocksbeard.com/ hit the band for info but I did not see MS2000 mentioned there, other stuff sure ...

      Dale

      Inquisitor Betrayer
      CD "Space Elevator" Get it at cdbaby.com/cd/inquisitorbetrayer,
      www.inquisitorbetrayer.com , www.myspace.com/inquisitorbetrayer

      Apple iTunes phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=200365877

      Angel's Wings
      www.soundclick.com/angelswings

      Ready to take your music to new levels?
      Serious_Musicians "at" yahoogroups.com

      on tw follow ibmuse

    • Just Jay
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 21, 2010
        Hey, I have the blue ms-2000 r and got it cause I loved the sounds they promo'd for it alot. So I bought my used but the guy programmed his own sounds and changed ALOT of the factory presets. Now I've become lucky enough to have a ms-2000 keyboard move in to the studio next door and they have all the original sounds. Is there a way to dump from their keyboard to my rack mount to get all those sounds from their board to mine? I would e so greatful if any one could help!

        Just Jay
        C.E.O. - Urban Umpires
        510-485-1445
        Justjay@...
        UrbanUmpires.com
        Myspace.com/only1justjay
        Myspace.com/UrbanUmpires
        Facebook.com/UrbanUmpires
        Twitter.com/UrbanUmpires

        E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY MESSAGE:
        The information contained or made a part hereof in this E-mail is legally privileged and confidential, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named in the caption. If the reader(s) of this message is/are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, forwarding or any use of this E-mail is strictly prohibited.

        On Sep 21, 2010, at 1:45 PM, "Dale" <admin@...> wrote:

        Spock's Beard performed in Downey 2 weekends back, MS2000 in use by the bass player (Dave Meros). http://www.spocksbeard.com/ hit the band for info but I did not see MS2000 mentioned there, other stuff sure ...

        Dale

        Inquisitor Betrayer
        CD "Space Elevator" Get it at cdbaby.com/cd/inquisitorbetrayer,
        www.inquisitorbetrayer.com , www.myspace.com/inquisitorbetrayer

        Apple iTunes phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=200365877

        Angel's Wings
        www.soundclick.com/angelswings

        Ready to take your music to new levels?
        Serious_Musicians "at" yahoogroups.com

        on tw follow ibmuse

      • Jerome St-Pierre
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 21, 2010
          Just look in the manual about how to restore the factory settings. It took 2
          minutes to figure out when I bought mine.

          On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 11:21 PM, Just Jay <only1justjay@...>wrote:

          > Hey, I have the blue ms-2000 r and got it cause I loved the sounds they
          > promo'd for it alot. So I bought my used but the guy programmed his own
          > sounds and changed ALOT of the factory presets. Now I've become lucky enough
          > to have a ms-2000 keyboard move in to the studio next door and they have all
          > the original sounds. Is there a way to dump from their keyboard to my rack
          > mount to get all those sounds from their board to mine? I would e so
          > greatful if any one could help!
          >
          > Just Jay
          > C.E.O. - Urban Umpires
          > 510-485-1445
          > Justjay@... <Justjay%40urbanumpires.com>
          > UrbanUmpires.com
          > Myspace.com/only1justjay
          > Myspace.com/UrbanUmpires
          > Facebook.com/UrbanUmpires
          > Twitter.com/UrbanUmpires
          >
          > E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY MESSAGE:
          > The information contained or made a part hereof in this E-mail is legally
          > privileged and confidential, intended only for the use of the individual or
          > entity named in the caption. If the reader(s) of this message is/are not the
          > distribution, copying, forwarding or any use of this E-mail is strictly
          > prohibited.
          >
          > On Sep 21, 2010, at 1:45 PM, "Dale" <admin@...<admin%40kay-net.com>>
          > wrote:
          >
          > Spock's Beard performed in Downey 2 weekends back, MS2000 in use by the
          > bass player (Dave Meros). http://www.spocksbeard.com/ hit the band for
          > info but I did not see MS2000 mentioned there, other stuff sure ...
          >
          > Dale
          >
          > Inquisitor Betrayer
          > CD "Space Elevator" Get it at cdbaby.com/cd/inquisitorbetrayer,
          > www.inquisitorbetrayer.com , www.myspace.com/inquisitorbetrayer
          >
          > Apple iTunes
          > phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=200365877
          >
          > Angel's Wings
          > www.soundclick.com/angelswings
          >
          > Ready to take your music to new levels?
          > Serious_Musicians "at" yahoogroups.com
          >
          > on tw follow ibmuse

          J�r�me St-Pierre

        • jeff bornhoeft
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 21, 2010
            I think korg also has the factory patches on their website

          • Dale
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 21, 2010
              look in the file area, Daz has several tools that will work plus all those patches that are listed there for the download ...

              Dale

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 21, 2010
                Yes, you can do this. I do it all the time because I have a keyboard version and a module version to "tour" with.

                Sadly, I cannot remember of the top of my head, but it is, as I recall, as simple as setting one to dump and the other to recieve (memory protect off) and midi out from the one you are dumping from, midi in on the other. The other obvious option, which I prefer now that I do one sound at a time here and there as needed, is MidiOx.

                To: korgms2000@yahoogroups.com
                From: only1justjay@...
                Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 14:21:30 -0700
                Subject: Re: [korgms2000] sighting of MS2000 in use

              • fossilcrab@msn.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 21, 2010
                  Also, this is, for me, between an ms2000b with keys, dumping to a ms2000r blue.

                  TOTALLY compatable... Such a great synth...Wish they made a bigger version... MMMM 88 weighted hammer keys, 32 voices, more modulation routings, all I want is EVERYTHING! HAHAHAH!

                  I dont specifically care for the newer direction korg is ambling into- "micro" stuff... wierd! But, that's Korg- always pushing the envelope (and dropping their old products for the new...) Got burned by the dw6000/dw8000 thing years ago. I was a proud poppa of a 6000 for about a week, until the 8000 dropped onto the scene at the same price...

                  That's ok Korg, I'm still devoted...

                  To: korgms2000@yahoogroups.com