Software Interface for MS 2000 for Apple OS X

  • cmmiller1973
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2009
      Sorry everyone if these are dumb questions.

      I scored a used MacBook Pro a few weeks ago and want to know how to do the following.

      I have iGarageBand and I am able to control softsynths from my Korg MS2000, however I am more interested in playing my patches, is there anyway to do this from this software?

      Also, is there a software interface that I can use to manage patches? I have heard of Sysex, however looks like it may not work with OS X 10.5 (Leopard).

      thanks
    • Ryan Rodine
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2009
        On Sep 5, 2009, at 2:35 PM, cmmiller1973 wrote:

        > Also, is there a software interface that I can use to manage
        > patches? I have heard of Sysex, however looks like it may not work
        > with OS X 10.5 (Leopard).

        I use MS2000Librarian, works well in OS X.
      • colin wilkinson
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 2009
          http://www.midiox.com/

          http://www.bome.com/midi/sendsx/

          To: korgms2000@yahoogroups.com
          From: tallman@...
          Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 18:34:24 -0500
          Subject: Re: [korgms2000] Software Interface for MS 2000 for Apple OS X

          On Sep 5, 2009, at 2:35 PM, cmmiller1973 wrote:

          > Also, is there a software interface that I can use to manage
          > patches? I have heard of Sysex, however looks like it may not work
          > with OS X 10.5 (Leopard).

          I use MS2000Librarian, works well in OS X.

        • blackpoolmusician
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 6, 2009
            --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, "cmmiller1973" <cmmiller1973@...> wrote:

            > Sorry everyone if these are dumb questions.
            >
            > I scored a used MacBook Pro a few weeks ago and want to know how to do the following.
            >
            > I have iGarageBand and I am able to control softsynths from my Korg MS2000, however I am more interested in playing my patches, is there anyway to do this from this software?
            >
            > Also, is there a software interface that I can use to manage patches? I have heard of Sysex, however looks like it may not work with OS X 10.5 (Leopard).
            >
            > thanks

            Check out MidiQuest XL:

            http://www.squest.com/Windows/MidiQuestXL/MidiQuest-About.html