arpeggiator and device reset problem

  • noxious14
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 31 11:28 AM
      hello all,

      i don't know if this is discussed elsewhere, if so please direct me to
      that posting.

      here is my problem: haven't used my ms2000r for the whole summer. i
      started using it yesterday and noticed the arpeggiator wasn't working.
      i checked whether i was using internal or external clock and it was
      on internal. doesn't recognize on or off arp or latch, but lights all
      work fine and everything else appears to work fine on the machine,
      except i can't use the bottom sequencer button pads as keys when i hit
      the keyboard lights (but the light on the keyboard key toggles like
      the arp buttons do).

      any ideas? also is there a way to restore all the factory settings
      and hope that it resolves this problem?

      thanks everybody.
    • Phillip Schnelle
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 1, 2008
        I dunnno about MS2000 I signed on for the microKorg but all the best of luck. I wish i knew what that keyboard could do Is it capable of real Piano tones? Im also looking for a good keyboard
         is the MS 2000 the way to go???

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 2, 2008
          Every synth group, this question comes up. Rather than go into a log thread, post and sometimes
          confusing words(which if I write it, it might turn out that way), I'll post a link that might steer you into
          a decent direction http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/Jan03/articles/synthsecrets0103.asp
          and raise that up to say,
          good effects, like chorus, reverb and maybe a touch of phaser will help ...
          but in the end, a wavetable or sampler type of synth is the winner in a lot of cases for those
          looking for a piano ...

          also http://www.soundonsound.com/search?section=%2F&Keyword=Synth+Secrets

          that is not the only place to find techniques but it's a good start
          in the file area here, are some patches that do come close
          give a try on a few twists of the knobs like the articles and or
          check into some of the patches ... it can make a good thread as there are a lot of
          little tweaks that can make the piano sounds a bit closer

          dale

          Inquisitor Betrayer
          CD "Space Elevator" Get it at http://cdbaby.com/cd/inquisitorbetrayer,
          http://www.inquisitorbetrayer.com , http://www.myspace.com/inquisitorbetrayer ,
          http://www.musicforte.com/member/ib_staff
          Apple iTunes http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=200365877

          Angel's Wings
          http://www.soundclick.com/angelswings

          Ready to take your music to new levels?
          Serious_Musicians@yahoogroups.com

          Want to be our friend in myspace?
          http://www.myspace.com/reloc.cfm?c=2&id=887c816f-4857-42cd-b2d4-4f519a8bed75

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 2, 2008
            noxious14 wrote:
            > hello all,
            >

            > any ideas? also is there a way to restore all the factory settings

            Yes - check the manual - I can't tell you exactly how it goes but its easy.
            It's described in the manual somewhere ( at the end I think - the index
            will lead you to it fast I remember 99%).

            Do a backup first I would say.

            > and hope that it resolves this problem?

            I would give it a shot, but wouldn't have to high hopes...

            succes,

            Sjaak
          • Mike Murphy
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 6, 2008
              Funny, This group is call korgms2000 and I have a microkorg and signed on to korgms2000 group
              in hope to learn more about my microkorg as well.

              I chose this group because as I read the technical manuals about the microkorg I had learned that everything
              internal to the microkorg and processor wise was derived from the MS2000 it's just a a smaller footprint.
              an affordable version of it's Mother Synth

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 6, 2008
                Your in the right place.
                From the banner on the group.
                "Meet, greet, and exchange tips with Korg MS2000 and microKorg users around
                the world. 1000+ free patches from Korg and other users. "

                another great spot to get info, patches and tools,
                http://www.korgforums.com/

                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 6, 2008
                  It's my understanding that the microKorg and R3 are both not intended to model acoustic piano sounds. Something like the Yamaha S90 is far superior to Korg for genuine piano sounds.
                  But, the microKorg and R3 both really shine when it comes to analog synth sounds of yesteryear, and are great for building your own sounds.
                  I really love the R3 because it's based on the Radius engine, and has some wicked FX. I usually play piano and organ parts on my Alesis Quadrasynth, and do the lead synth lines on the R3 with embellishments & bass lines on the microKorg.

                  To: korgms2000@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 6, 2008
                    when you say Korg, are you including the Tritons? the M3s? the Oasys?
                    or are you just saying 2 and 3 OSC synths?

                    there is world of different synth techniques ...
                    btw, I also have a s-80 here ... ;-)

                    dale

                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 7, 2008
                      Yes, I was certainly referrencing the 2 and 3 OSC synths. I'm pretty much aware of the Oasys and Triton/M3 miracle machines (and have added the M3 to my wish list). I was just amazed when I watched the Crossroads concert, the keyboard player with Vince Gill had one of those Yamaha workstations...and that thing sounded just incredible. Didn't Yamaha own Korg for a while in the recent past? I know Yamaha was manufacturing many of the components for Korg (maybe still are?).

                      It's a big happy keyboard family. Although a tad off-topic, I'd like to check out those Roland Fantom workstations. Have any experience with the Rolands, Dale???

                      To: korgms2000@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 7, 2008
                        yep
                        do not own one (Roland Fantom )but that does not mean I did not like
                        I have it covered in other areas with other synths here
                        Roland in use here, GR-20, JP8000 and several other little goodies (Boss to
                        other roland effects)

                        M3 is one ugly looking synth but it is the next step down from the Oasys.
                        (radius option too for it)

                        dale

                        > Yes, I was certainly referrencing the 2 and 3 OSC synths. I'm pretty much
                        aware of the Oasys and Triton/M3 miracle machines (and have added the M3 to
                        my wish list). I was just amazed when I watched the Crossroads concert, the
                        keyboard player with Vince Gill had one of those Yamaha workstations...and
                        that thing sounded just incredible. Didn't Yamaha own Korg for a while in
                        the recent past? I know Yamaha was manufacturing many of the components for
                        Korg (maybe still are?).

                        > It's a big happy keyboard family. Although a tad off-topic, I'd like to
                        check out those Roland Fantom workstations. Have any experience with the
                        Rolands, Dale???
                      • Sjaak de Vos
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 7, 2008
                          Dale wrote:

                          > M3 is one ugly looking synth but it is the next step down from the Oasys.
                          > (radius option too for it)
                          >
                          > dale

                          http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sWKUOof6kvQ

                          M3 in action/demo
                        • Dale
                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 7, 2008
                            local GC here has both versions

                            I toyed with it a few times ...
                            I am pretty certain, the sliders, I would have to be very careful with them

                            dale