Sync it up!

  • Ian Sunderland
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2008
      Hi All,
      I am thinking about using some form of midi tempo generator like the old Kahler Human Clock. I want to take a mike input from a live drum kit and have the "little box" convert this audio signal into a midi tempo so I can sync up the arp/seq on the MS2K to the drummer. I have tried several times with several drummers to use a click track to keep things tied up but with very little success. As far as I can tell the Kahler is no longer in production and was not exactly reliable in the first place, so the question is; Are any of you doing this at the moment and what gear do you recomend?
      Thanks
      Ian

    • dpearson430
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2008
        --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Sunderland" <ian@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        > I am thinking about using some form of midi tempo generator like
        the old Kahler Human Clock. I want to take a mike input from a live
        drum kit and have the "little box" convert this audio signal into a
        midi tempo so I can sync up the arp/seq on the MS2K to the drummer.
        I have tried several times with several drummers to use a click
        track to keep things tied up but with very little success. As far as
        I can tell the Kahler is no longer in production and was not exactly
        reliable in the first place, so the question is; Are any of you
        doing this at the moment and what gear do you recomend?
        > Thanks
        > Ian

        Hi Ian, theres something you can buy called a 34One pedal (search
        for it on google) that is a tap tempo midi pedal controller. I
        personally think theyre a bit overpirced though and the official
        site says theyre out of stock!
        Look it up though, should do the trick!

        David
      • Ian Sunderland
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 6, 2008
          Now that looks like a cool toy!!!!! thanks. I would still prefer something that uses a mike to monitor things though but its a definate maybe!

          Ian