Re: [korgms2000] data load error???

  • Sjaak de Vos
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
      Hi, let's start with the most obvious things, did you try another midi -
      cable ?

      Did you try sending different Syx files, other banks are availlable here
      in the files section.
      Maybe try sending one patch also instead of a complete bank.

      Just curious, what MIDI interface are you using ?

      Succes,

      Sjaak

      I'm sure some others will jump on your topic to see if we can get your
      Ms2k back on the receiving end.

      nameless.one_14782 wrote:
      > hello everyone
      >
      > I was hoping someone could offer me some insight onto why this data
      > load error is coming up. I'm using a MS 2000B and trying to send
      > SysEx files to my synth using Patch Buddy.
      >
      > I have enabled receiving system exclusive Midi messages and Memory
      > Protect is off. I have gone into the MS2KpatchBuddy file and edited
      > it to have blocktime= 300 then tried it at 800. I have reset my
      > synth back to the factory presets twice and nothing has worked
      >
      > Patch Buddy will receive files to my computer just fine but when I
      > try to send them out I just have to wait for awhile depending on the
      > blocktime to just get that error message. My Synth shows its
      > receiving but it never writes anything.
      >
      > On midiox I can receive to my pc but when sending it out it just
      > stops halfway thought the process.
      >
      > MS2K Syxplorer does not seem to work either.
      >
      > Are there any other programs I could try to use or does anyone know
      > of anything more I could do to try and get rid of this error?
      >
      > Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is driving me nuts.

    • nameless.one_14782
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
        Well I picked up another midi to usb cable today and "third time's a
        charm".

        this cable with blocktime at 200 works fine and the other two I would
        like to smash but Im sure I will end up using them with something else
        one day.

        thanks anyways
      • Sjaak de Vos
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
          nameless.one_14782 wrote:
          > Well I picked up another midi to usb cable today and "third time's a
          > charm".
          >
          > this cable with blocktime at 200 works fine and the other two I would
          > like to smash but Im sure I will end up using them with something else
          > one day.
          >
          > thanks anyways

          Your welcome,

          Sjaak
        • aaron
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 5, 2007
            I had an experience with Patchbuddy similar to this.. I got a data
            error when working with some patches and the last bank i sent to the
            ms2000 ended up missing more than 50% of it's patches and the readout
            would have junk txt for their titles. ever since then i always back
            up the current bank im working on, which i should have been doing
            anyways. regardless though, i havent had the problem since. it was
            probably something i did like a loose cable or something.

            --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, "nameless.one_14782"

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 5, 2007
              when it comes to affordable/quality midi cables..always look for
              HOSA. they sell em @ nearly every keyboard shop ive been to.

              --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, Sjaak de Vos <sjaakdevos@...>