Chiptunes

  • jasonoley
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007
      Hey guys.
      I've been browsing through the patches, but I thought maybe some of
      the long time members could help me out... What I'm really looking for
      is good patches that are chiptune-y, and excellent example can be
      found here:
      http://www.razor1911.com/dubmood/mp3/dubmood_-_cydonian_sky.mp3

      I'm also looking for anything similar to HORSE the Band or The Faint.
      Any help or direction would be appreciated. And many thanks to the
      community for all these sweet patches, I've basically replaced all the
      standard microKORG ones now.
    • d-town samuels
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007
        for 8 bit vg sounds check zeroslug's folder.

        for faint sounds look for zap bass and dirt bass i don't remember
        where they are located or if they were factory presets.

        --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, "jasonoley" <jasonoley@...> wrote:

        > Hey guys.
        > I've been browsing through the patches, but I thought maybe some of
        > the long time members could help me out... What I'm really looking for
        > is good patches that are chiptune-y, and excellent example can be
        > found here:
        > http://www.razor1911.com/dubmood/mp3/dubmood_-_cydonian_sky.mp3
        >
        > I'm also looking for anything similar to HORSE the Band or The Faint.
        > Any help or direction would be appreciated. And many thanks to the
        > community for all these sweet patches, I've basically replaced all the
        > standard microKORG ones now.

      • Darren
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2007
          Hmm, chiptunes...that's the first time I've heard that word.

          But anyways, there are a few patches in my folder with a few SQR/TRI
          sounds like the ones from "Cydonian Sky", however, if you can't find
          anything you like here, try looking for a Gameboy/NES vst or emulator
          in the meantime.

          Tonight or later this week I'll see about going making a few patches
          or at least going through my folder of stuff.

          zeroslugfm
          --darren