Re: hello peoples...

  • btisquality
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2007
      --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, "Daz Richards" <darrenrichards@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, "btisquality" <btisquality@> wrote:
      > > i have an issue with a korg 2000 keyboard and desperately need help.
      > > i am trying to use the keyboard using midi to trigger a rack sound
      > > module i have. well the midi signal is definitely reaching the
      > > module. however, THE PROBLEM IS that the keys specifically seem to
      > > not trigger the rack, only other buttons on the korg.
      >
      > We need some more clues ;-) What is the rack module ? What MIDI global
      > channel are the rack and MS2000 using ? Which other buttons are
      > working, things that change the bank/program ? What mode is the rack
      > in, a multi-timbral mode of some sort ?
      >
      > Tell us more ... anything you can think of.
      >
      > Daz.

      ok so this all the info i can give you:

      it is a korg ms2000 keyboard blue w/ fake wood paneling.

      regarding the midi section within the korg, these are the current
      settings i have...

      global midi channel 16 (same as the roland sound module i am using)
      local-off
      midi clock-auto
      midi 1- p bend
      midi 2-cc#01

      midi filter

      p bend- ena
      progchnge- ena
      ctrlchnge- ena
      system ex- ena
      note receive- all

      the message received blinking light on the roland sound mondule reacts
      to most buttons and knobs except for the any and all of the keys as
      well as the bottom row of buttons above the keys.

      the pitch bend, oscillator 1 and 2, mixer and filter sections, lfo 1
      and 2, effects knobs, most of the appegiator section,and the virtual
      patch section all create the message receive light to blink...

      again thanks for your help! let me know if you have more questions
    • btisquality
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 2, 2007
        hi

        i left a bunch of info regarding the midi issue i am having. can
        someone please help me. thanks...
      • vardantcuckov
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2, 2007
          --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, "btisquality" <btisquality@...> wrote:

          > --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, "Daz Richards" <darrenrichards@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, "btisquality" <btisquality@> wrote:
          > > > i have an issue with a korg 2000 keyboard and desperately need
          help.
          > > > i am trying to use the keyboard using midi to trigger a rack sound
          > > > module i have. well the midi signal is definitely reaching the
          > > > module. however, THE PROBLEM IS that the keys specifically seem to
          > > > not trigger the rack, only other buttons on the korg.
          > >
          > > We need some more clues ;-) What is the rack module ? What MIDI global
          > > channel are the rack and MS2000 using ? Which other buttons are
          > > working, things that change the bank/program ? What mode is the rack
          > > in, a multi-timbral mode of some sort ?
          > >
          > > Tell us more ... anything you can think of.
          > >
          > > Daz.
          >

          > ok so this all the info i can give you:
          >
          > it is a korg ms2000 keyboard blue w/ fake wood paneling.
          >

          > regarding the midi section within the korg, these are the current
          > settings i have...
          >
          > global midi channel 16 (same as the roland sound module i am using)
          > local-off
          > midi clock-auto
          > midi 1- p bend
          > midi 2-cc#01
          >
          > midi filter
          > >
          > p bend- ena
          > progchnge- ena
          > ctrlchnge- ena
          > system ex- ena
          > note receive- all
          >
          > the message received blinking light on the roland sound mondule reacts
          > to most buttons and knobs except for the any and all of the keys as
          > well as the bottom row of buttons above the keys.
          >
          > the pitch bend, oscillator 1 and 2, mixer and filter sections, lfo 1
          > and 2, effects knobs, most of the appegiator section,and the virtual
          > patch section all create the message receive light to blink...
          >
          > again thanks for your help! let me know if you have more questions

          I think u should turn the local on. If am getting this right you'v
          got a ms2000keboard hooked to a sound module from its midi out(and
          into module's in).If this is the case (with no other stuff attached),
          i think the korg's local should definitly be " on ".How would you
          excpect it to send midi if local is "off"? Give it a try, if not set
          the two instruments on midi chanell "global 1" - that should definitly
          work.With the local "on" on the korg.
        • btisquality
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 5, 2007
            --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, "vardantcuckov" <vardantcuckov@...>
            wrote:

            > --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, "btisquality" <btisquality@> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, "Daz Richards" <darrenrichards@>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, "btisquality" <btisquality@>
            > help.
            > > >
            > > > We need some more clues ;-) What is the rack module ? What MIDI
            global
            > > > channel are the rack and MS2000 using ? Which other buttons are
            > > > working, things that change the bank/program ? What mode is the rack
            > > > in, a multi-timbral mode of some sort ?
            > > >
            > > > Tell us more ... anything you can think of.
            > > >
            > > > Daz.
            > >

            > > ok so this all the info i can give you:
            > >
            > > it is a korg ms2000 keyboard blue w/ fake wood paneling.
            > >

            > > regarding the midi section within the korg, these are the current
            > > settings i have...
            > >
            > > global midi channel 16 (same as the roland sound module i am using)
            > > local-off
            > > midi clock-auto
            > > midi 1- p bend
            > > midi 2-cc#01
            > >
            > > midi filter
            > > >
            > > p bend- ena
            > > progchnge- ena
            > > ctrlchnge- ena
            > > system ex- ena
            > > note receive- all
            > >
            > > the message received blinking light on the roland sound mondule reacts
            > > to most buttons and knobs except for the any and all of the keys as
            > > well as the bottom row of buttons above the keys.
            > >
            > > the pitch bend, oscillator 1 and 2, mixer and filter sections, lfo 1
            > > and 2, effects knobs, most of the appegiator section,and the virtual
            > > patch section all create the message receive light to blink...
            > >
            > > again thanks for your help! let me know if you have more questions
            > >
            > I think u should turn the local on. If am getting this right you'v
            > got a ms2000keboard hooked to a sound module from its midi out(and
            > into module's in).If this is the case (with no other stuff attached),
            > i think the korg's local should definitly be " on ".How would you
            > excpect it to send midi if local is "off"? Give it a try, if not set
            > the two instruments on midi chanell "global 1" - that should definitly
            > work.With the local "on" on the korg.

            yes, i've got a ms2000keboard hooked to a sound module from its midi
            out(and into module's in). thanks for the advice. i think i tried
            this already, but i will try again. global midi channel '1' and local
            'on'. i pray this works. lol