Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [korgms2000] Second MS2k contest song uploaded

Expand Messages
  • Autohack9@aol.com
    [d], I don t know what you would call Broken Arch, experimental noise maybe? I don t know much about that, but what I do know is you created some sounds with
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 1, 2001
      [d],

      I don't know what you would call Broken Arch, experimental noise maybe?  I
      don't know much about that, but what I do know is you created some sounds
      with the Ms2000 that I didn't think where possible.

      I wasn't sure where the song was going the entire time I listened to it,
      which made me wanting to see what was next.

      This is without a doubt an amazing track.  Congratulations and great work.

      Guy

      In a message dated 6/30/01 11:12:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      djplaysrecords@... writes:


      New song:  "broken arch (2)" by [d] made exclusively for the MS2k
      contest.

      I hope you like it!  I worked hard to get every drop of creativity
      out of the MS2K.

      If you would like to know how i put the song together, just let me
      know.

      Go here and download it:  
      http://artists2.iuma.com/IUMA/ftp/AU-Artists/497/49757/

      "broken arch (2)"

      Thank you.  

      By the way, the contest deadline is rapidly approaching--July 18th.  
      Get going!
      -[d]
      mp3.com/-d


    • adaepid@yahoo.com
      Now, that s music to my ear, [d]. I realy like what you ve done. There is that sound like a distorted low wind instrument. Have you used external efx or did
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 1, 2001
        Now, that's music to my ear, [d].
        I realy like what you've done. There is that sound like a distorted
        low wind instrument. Have you used external efx or did you rerun it
        through MS2k? Really imaginative track. This kind of music in general
        requires a lot of cognitive work not only when made but also when
        listening. It reminds me of Jean-Michele Jarre "Zoolook" which I
        think is one of the best in electronic music. This actually - my
        opinion though - is true electronic music. Everything else is only
        tangent.

        The arow broke when it hit the target.

        My hat off

        Adaerus




        --- In korgms2000@y..., djplaysrecords@h... wrote:
        > New song: "broken arch (2)" by [d] made exclusively for the MS2k
        > contest.
        >
        > I hope you like it! I worked hard to get every drop of creativity
        > out of the MS2K.
        >
        > If you would like to know how i put the song together, just let me
        > know.
        >
        > Go here and download it:
        > http://artists2.iuma.com/IUMA/ftp/AU-Artists/497/49757/
        >
        > "broken arch (2)"
        >
        > Thank you.
        >
        > By the way, the contest deadline is rapidly approaching--July
        18th.
        > Get going!
        > -[d]
        > mp3.com/-d
      • Steve Lane
        Interesting work [d], Keeps one listening... I like it and it makes me want to quit my job to record full time. The 18th is too near for me to be able to make
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 1, 2001
          Interesting work [d],

          Keeps one listening... I like it and it makes me want to quit my job
          to record full time.
          The 18th is too near for me to be able to make my work presentable.
          I probably won't make the entry deadline, but that's not a problem
          for me. I will let you all know when I do get around to finishing it
          up and get it posted on mp3.com. By the way they are as slow
          molassis.
          I am looking for another mp3 service to use. Maybe people could
          bookmark all the mp3 sites in our bookmark folder with a comment
          about how they work.. cost/free,time to post,download quality...

          Thanks,
          Steve

          --- In korgms2000@y..., djplaysrecords@h... wrote:
          > New song: "broken arch (2)" by [d] made exclusively for the MS2k
          > contest.
          >
          > I hope you like it! I worked hard to get every drop of creativity
          > out of the MS2K.
          >
          > If you would like to know how i put the song together, just let me
          > know.
          >
          > Go here and download it:
          > http://artists2.iuma.com/IUMA/ftp/AU-Artists/497/49757/
          >
          > "broken arch (2)"
          >
          > Thank you.
          >
          > By the way, the contest deadline is rapidly approaching--July
          18th.
          > Get going!
          > -[d]
          > mp3.com/-d
        • Daz Richards
          If you would like to know how i put the song together, just let me know. -- I would be most interested to know how you put this most excellent song together
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 1, 2001
            "If you would like to know how i put the song together, just let me
            know."

            -- I would be most interested to know how you put this most excellent
            song together !

            Daz.


            --- In korgms2000@y..., djplaysrecords@h... wrote:
            > New song: "broken arch (2)" by [d] made exclusively for the MS2k
            > contest.
            >
            > I hope you like it! I worked hard to get every drop of creativity
            > out of the MS2K.
            >
            > If you would like to know how i put the song together, just let me
            > know.
            >
            > Go here and download it:
            > http://artists2.iuma.com/IUMA/ftp/AU-Artists/497/49757/
            >
            > "broken arch (2)"
            >
            > Thank you.
            >
            > By the way, the contest deadline is rapidly approaching--July
            18th.
            > Get going!
            > -[d]
            > mp3.com/-d
          • djplaysrecords@hotmail.com
            ... excellent ... Yeah sure, I ll do a quick breakdown for ya: 1. The main melody sequence was sequenced and recorded in logic while I twiddled knobs in
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 1, 2001
              > "If you would like to know how i put the song together, just let me
              > know."
              > -- I would be most interested to know how you put this most
              excellent
              > song together !
              >
              > Daz.

              Yeah sure, I'll do a quick breakdown for ya:

              1. The main melody sequence was sequenced and recorded in logic
              while I twiddled knobs in realtime.
              2. Did the same with the other "melody" lines.
              3. Weird random effect type thing at the beginning: had a patch
              where pitch was modulated both by lfo1 (rnd) and lfo2 (sine). i
              think i had ring modulation on there too. modulated in realtime and
              recorded in logic.
              4. drums etc: i recorded a whole bunch of random hi-pitched noises
              and picked out some that resembled a hi hat type thing. bass drum
              was pretty easy to make. snare-type sound too. I sampled and
              sequenced the whole thing in fruityloops (the drums, that is) and
              effected them in logic.
              5. the middle "drum" pattern was a sequence i made on the ms-2000.
              6. threw the whole thing in logic and worked with it there. since
              the melody lines were way out of sync (because of the idiosyncratic
              arp), i had to cut them up quite a bit.

              And well, that's it. I don't want to give everything away.
              I thank you for your interest though.

              Now Daz, where's your entry? I'm sure it will be "most excellent,"
              as you say.

              -[d]
            • djplaysrecords@hotmail.com
              Hey, keep working on the song Steve--there s no real rush. It s supposed to be a fun thing anyway. If you get it in before the deadline, fine. If not, don t
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 1, 2001
                Hey, keep working on the song Steve--there's no real rush. It's
                supposed to be a fun thing anyway. If you get it in before the
                deadline, fine. If not, don't worry about it--the voting will go on
                for a while.

                -[d]
              • djplaysrecords@hotmail.com
                distorted low wind instrument. Have you used external efx or did you rerun it through MS2k? Hum...well there is that drum loop that starts at about 1:30...I
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 1, 2001
                  "distorted low wind instrument. Have you used external efx or did you
                  rerun it through MS2k?"

                  Hum...well there is that drum loop that starts at about 1:30...I made
                  that in the MS2K completely (aside from a simple delay plugin). I
                  don't think I saved that patch, but if I did I'll upload it for
                  sure.
                  One of my favorite things to do is sit and tinker with the mod seq.
                  I think I started with a preset and then morphed it to my liking.

                  And yes, I did use external efx, but nothing too outlandish. In
                  fruityloops i used the filters a bit and in logic i did a few things
                  here and there.

                  Oh, and your song was no slouch either. It sounded like a pretty
                  successful trance tune to me. I certainly don't know how to make
                  music like that.

                  Thanks for the kind words.
                  -[d]
                • Daz Richards
                  ....And well, that s it. I don t want to give everything away. I thank you for your interest though. -- LOL, you make it sound so simple, but that track
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 2, 2001
                    "....And well, that's it. I don't want to give everything away.
                    I thank you for your interest though."

                    -- LOL, you make it sound so simple, but that track sounds very
                    complex. Its almost like an audio version of an optical
                    illusion, 'cos listening to it as purely a collection of sounds it
                    shouldn't be as melodic, and easy on the ear as it is. I don't know
                    if that makes sense at all. I think as Adaerus and Randy said this
                    kind of music is much more difficult to make than it sounds, because
                    its so abstract. I was very enthused about this 'cos I always wonder
                    what else can be done in music other than just the
                    drums/bass/pad/lead kind of bag that I am used to working
                    with/listening to. I have tried doing the same thing myself, in the
                    past on the guitar (a la Durutti Column), and more recently on the
                    old keys but really haven't grasped it yet.

                    "Now Daz, where's your entry? I'm sure it will be "most excellent,"
                    as you say."

                    -- Its coming along slowly. It started off as being quite
                    abstract'ish, but I just couldn't carry it off. After listening to
                    the beginning of the track so many times, I started to really find it
                    annoying, and only liked the bit at the end. So I changed the start
                    of the track quite dramatically, and ended up with something quite
                    cool that now doesn't fit with the previous end bit. So I am bit
                    stuck a little at the moment. Its just as well this is only my hobby,
                    and that I enjoy my day job :-) More news soon. And maybe music !

                    Daz.

                    --- In korgms2000@y..., djplaysrecords@h... wrote:
                    > > "If you would like to know how i put the song together, just let
                    me
                    > > know."
                    > > -- I would be most interested to know how you put this most
                    > excellent
                    > > song together !
                    > >
                    > > Daz.
                    >
                    > Yeah sure, I'll do a quick breakdown for ya:
                    >
                    > 1. The main melody sequence was sequenced and recorded in logic
                    > while I twiddled knobs in realtime.
                    > 2. Did the same with the other "melody" lines.
                    > 3. Weird random effect type thing at the beginning: had a patch
                    > where pitch was modulated both by lfo1 (rnd) and lfo2 (sine). i
                    > think i had ring modulation on there too. modulated in realtime
                    and
                    > recorded in logic.
                    > 4. drums etc: i recorded a whole bunch of random hi-pitched
                    noises
                    > and picked out some that resembled a hi hat type thing. bass drum
                    > was pretty easy to make. snare-type sound too. I sampled and
                    > sequenced the whole thing in fruityloops (the drums, that is) and
                    > effected them in logic.
                    > 5. the middle "drum" pattern was a sequence i made on the ms-2000.
                    > 6. threw the whole thing in logic and worked with it there. since
                    > the melody lines were way out of sync (because of the idiosyncratic
                    > arp), i had to cut them up quite a bit.
                    >
                    > And well, that's it. I don't want to give everything away.
                    > I thank you for your interest though.
                    >
                    > Now Daz, where's your entry? I'm sure it will be "most excellent,"
                    > as you say.
                    >
                    > -[d]
                  • adaepid@yahoo.com
                    ... There s a logic in what youre sayng Daz. You re right, it is a sonic kaleidoscope, or a sonic sculpture. Talking about music in general: A few years ago,
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 2, 2001
                      --- In korgms2000@y..., "Daz Richards" <darrenrichards@h...> wrote:
                      > "....And well, that's it. I don't want to give everything away.
                      > I thank you for your interest though."
                      >
                      > -- LOL, you make it sound so simple, but that track sounds very
                      > complex. Its almost like an audio version of an optical
                      > illusion, 'cos listening to it as purely a collection of sounds it
                      > shouldn't be as melodic, and easy on the ear as it is. I don't know
                      > if that makes sense at all.

                      There's a logic in what youre sayng Daz. You're right, it is a sonic
                      kaleidoscope, or a sonic sculpture.
                      Talking about music in general:
                      A few years ago, in an interview, Jean-Michel Jarre said (my
                      interpretation though) that today with the technological
                      advencements, music can no more be thought in traditional way. Today
                      with the synthesizer you can actually sculpt the sound and paint with
                      it a sound color.
                      Funny, isn't it? We actually can speek in the language of
                      Michelangelo and Picasso even though we talk about music. We can be
                      optimistic that there is a chance that music can stil be done as art
                      (as the great clasic composers did) not remain at a level dictated by
                      a consumer-demand policy, or in other words - remain at the level
                      of "folklore" (which is what hapends mainly today).

                      [d] is very close whith his track to what JMJ said . That's why I
                      like his "broken arrow".

                      Adaerus

                      P.S. to [d]



                      I think as Adaerus and Randy said this
                      > kind of music is much more difficult to make than it sounds,
                      because
                      > its so abstract.




                      I was very enthused about this 'cos I always wonder
                      > what else can be done in music other than just the
                      > drums/bass/pad/lead kind of bag that I am used to working
                      > with/listening to. I have tried doing the same thing myself, in the
                      > past on the guitar (a la Durutti Column), and more recently on the
                      > old keys but really haven't grasped it yet.
                      >
                      > "Now Daz, where's your entry? I'm sure it will be "most
                      excellent,"
                      > as you say."
                      >
                      > -- Its coming along slowly. It started off as being quite
                      > abstract'ish, but I just couldn't carry it off. After listening to
                      > the beginning of the track so many times, I started to really find
                      it
                      > annoying, and only liked the bit at the end. So I changed the start
                      > of the track quite dramatically, and ended up with something quite
                      > cool that now doesn't fit with the previous end bit. So I am bit
                      > stuck a little at the moment. Its just as well this is only my
                      hobby,
                      > and that I enjoy my day job :-) More news soon. And maybe music !
                      >
                      > Daz.
                      >
                      > --- In korgms2000@y..., djplaysrecords@h... wrote:
                      > > > "If you would like to know how i put the song together, just
                      let
                      > me
                      > > > know."
                      > > > -- I would be most interested to know how you put this most
                      > > excellent
                      > > > song together !
                      > > >
                      > > > Daz.
                      > >
                      > > Yeah sure, I'll do a quick breakdown for ya:
                      > >
                      > > 1. The main melody sequence was sequenced and recorded in logic
                      > > while I twiddled knobs in realtime.
                      > > 2. Did the same with the other "melody" lines.
                      > > 3. Weird random effect type thing at the beginning: had a patch
                      > > where pitch was modulated both by lfo1 (rnd) and lfo2 (sine). i
                      > > think i had ring modulation on there too. modulated in realtime
                      > and
                      > > recorded in logic.
                      > > 4. drums etc: i recorded a whole bunch of random hi-pitched
                      > noises
                      > > and picked out some that resembled a hi hat type thing. bass
                      drum
                      > > was pretty easy to make. snare-type sound too. I sampled and
                      > > sequenced the whole thing in fruityloops (the drums, that is) and
                      > > effected them in logic.
                      > > 5. the middle "drum" pattern was a sequence i made on the ms-
                      2000.
                      > > 6. threw the whole thing in logic and worked with it there.
                      since
                      > > the melody lines were way out of sync (because of the
                      idiosyncratic
                      > > arp), i had to cut them up quite a bit.
                      > >
                      > > And well, that's it. I don't want to give everything away.
                      > > I thank you for your interest though.
                      > >
                      > > Now Daz, where's your entry? I'm sure it will be "most
                      excellent,"
                      > > as you say.
                      > >
                      > > -[d]
                    • Daz Richards
                      Hey Adaerus, I am glad you understood where I was coming from. I know [d] is keen not to be seen as pretentious, and I hope what I am saying doesn t suggest
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 2, 2001
                        Hey Adaerus,

                        I am glad you understood where I was coming from. I know [d] is keen
                        not to be seen as pretentious, and I hope what I am saying doesn't
                        suggest that, but credit where credit is due, his music certainly
                        makes you think about these ideas and thats got to be a good thing ;-
                        )

                        I think your art comparison is a good one, because in the same way
                        that some of the more esoteric paintings by people such as Picasso
                        are very appealing, despite not being an exact depiction of the
                        subject, that "broken swing sound in need of a drop of oil" in Broken
                        Arch works very well, even though in isolation it would probably be
                        quite grating in the ear department.

                        BTW: [d] did you enter that Warp competition ? I think this would be
                        a good track to enter into that too.

                        Daz.

                        --- In korgms2000@y..., adaepid@y... wrote:
                        > --- In korgms2000@y..., "Daz Richards" <darrenrichards@h...> wrote:
                        > > "....And well, that's it. I don't want to give everything away.
                        > > I thank you for your interest though."
                        > >
                        > > -- LOL, you make it sound so simple, but that track sounds very
                        > > complex. Its almost like an audio version of an optical
                        > > illusion, 'cos listening to it as purely a collection of sounds
                        it
                        > > shouldn't be as melodic, and easy on the ear as it is. I don't
                        know
                        > > if that makes sense at all.
                        >
                        > There's a logic in what youre sayng Daz. You're right, it is a
                        sonic
                        > kaleidoscope, or a sonic sculpture.
                        > Talking about music in general:
                        > A few years ago, in an interview, Jean-Michel Jarre said (my
                        > interpretation though) that today with the technological
                        > advencements, music can no more be thought in traditional way.
                        Today
                        > with the synthesizer you can actually sculpt the sound and paint
                        with
                        > it a sound color.
                        > Funny, isn't it? We actually can speek in the language of
                        > Michelangelo and Picasso even though we talk about music. We can be
                        > optimistic that there is a chance that music can stil be done as
                        art
                        > (as the great clasic composers did) not remain at a level dictated
                        by
                        > a consumer-demand policy, or in other words - remain at the level
                        > of "folklore" (which is what hapends mainly today).
                        >
                        > [d] is very close whith his track to what JMJ said . That's why I
                        > like his "broken arrow".
                        >
                        > Adaerus
                        >
                        > P.S. to [d]
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        > I think as Adaerus and Randy said this
                        > > kind of music is much more difficult to make than it sounds,
                        > because
                        > > its so abstract.
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        > I was very enthused about this 'cos I always wonder
                        > > what else can be done in music other than just the
                        > > drums/bass/pad/lead kind of bag that I am used to working
                        > > with/listening to. I have tried doing the same thing myself, in
                        the
                        > > past on the guitar (a la Durutti Column), and more recently on
                        the
                        > > old keys but really haven't grasped it yet.
                        > >
                        > > "Now Daz, where's your entry? I'm sure it will be "most
                        > excellent,"
                        > > as you say."
                        > >
                        > > -- Its coming along slowly. It started off as being quite
                        > > abstract'ish, but I just couldn't carry it off. After listening
                        to
                        > > the beginning of the track so many times, I started to really
                        find
                        > it
                        > > annoying, and only liked the bit at the end. So I changed the
                        start
                        > > of the track quite dramatically, and ended up with something
                        quite
                        > > cool that now doesn't fit with the previous end bit. So I am bit
                        > > stuck a little at the moment. Its just as well this is only my
                        > hobby,
                        > > and that I enjoy my day job :-) More news soon. And maybe music !
                        > >
                        > > Daz.
                        > >
                        > > --- In korgms2000@y..., djplaysrecords@h... wrote:
                        > > > > "If you would like to know how i put the song together, just
                        > let
                        > > me
                        > > > > know."
                        > > > > -- I would be most interested to know how you put this most
                        > > > excellent
                        > > > > song together !
                        > > > >
                        > > > > Daz.
                        > > >
                        > > > Yeah sure, I'll do a quick breakdown for ya:
                        > > >
                        > > > 1. The main melody sequence was sequenced and recorded in
                        logic
                        > > > while I twiddled knobs in realtime.
                        > > > 2. Did the same with the other "melody" lines.
                        > > > 3. Weird random effect type thing at the beginning: had a
                        patch
                        > > > where pitch was modulated both by lfo1 (rnd) and lfo2 (sine).
                        i
                        > > > think i had ring modulation on there too. modulated in
                        realtime
                        > > and
                        > > > recorded in logic.
                        > > > 4. drums etc: i recorded a whole bunch of random hi-pitched
                        > > noises
                        > > > and picked out some that resembled a hi hat type thing. bass
                        > drum
                        > > > was pretty easy to make. snare-type sound too. I sampled and
                        > > > sequenced the whole thing in fruityloops (the drums, that is)
                        and
                        > > > effected them in logic.
                        > > > 5. the middle "drum" pattern was a sequence i made on the ms-
                        > 2000.
                        > > > 6. threw the whole thing in logic and worked with it there.
                        > since
                        > > > the melody lines were way out of sync (because of the
                        > idiosyncratic
                        > > > arp), i had to cut them up quite a bit.
                        > > >
                        > > > And well, that's it. I don't want to give everything away.
                        > > > I thank you for your interest though.
                        > > >
                        > > > Now Daz, where's your entry? I'm sure it will be "most
                        > excellent,"
                        > > > as you say.
                        > > >
                        > > > -[d]
                      • tom_cmaj@hotmail.com
                        We can be optimistic that there is a chance that music can stil be done as art (as the great clasic composers did) not remain at a level dictated by a
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 2, 2001
                          "We can be optimistic that there is a chance that music can stil be
                          done as art (as the great clasic composers did) not remain at a level
                          dictated by a consumer-demand policy, or in other words - remain at
                          the level of "folklore" (which is what hapends mainly today)."

                          Oh, I dunno. I think there are a lot of "folk" musicians who can
                          easily be described as "sound sculptors" - John Cale, Emmy Lou
                          Harris, etc.

                          Ciao, T.
                        • adaepid@yahoo.com
                          ... keen ... thing ;- ... (I m using Broken Arch as an example to make some points here and it s not related to the contest or try to influence people- by the
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 2, 2001
                            --- In korgms2000@y..., "Daz Richards" <darrenrichards@h...> wrote:
                            > Hey Adaerus,
                            >
                            > I am glad you understood where I was coming from. I know [d] is
                            keen
                            > not to be seen as pretentious, and I hope what I am saying doesn't
                            > suggest that, but credit where credit is due, his music certainly
                            > makes you think about these ideas and thats got to be a good
                            thing ;-
                            > )
                            >
                            > I think your art comparison is a good one, because in the same way
                            > that some of the more esoteric paintings by people such as Picasso
                            > are very appealing, despite not being an exact depiction of the
                            > subject, that "broken swing sound in need of a drop of oil"

                            (I'm using Broken Arch as an example to make some points here and
                            it's not related to the contest or try to influence people- by the
                            way I'm "running against" him in this contest :-))

                            Nice picture you've visioned when listening ("broken swing sound in
                            need of a drop of oil" ). That requires a certain cognitive capacity
                            which in your case, surpassed mine in listening the track. I never
                            thought of it that way. Probably the author never thought of that way
                            neither :-).
                            That's where art and music meet: trying to describe something: a
                            view, an imperssion, a mood, an ideea. Since long ago people tried
                            that (e.g. Vivaldi's "Seasons" any opera or baley, etc)

                            in Broken
                            > Arch works very well, even though in isolation it would probably be
                            > quite grating in the ear department.

                            See, that depends. If you look at how disonnance became harmonious in
                            music history you come to realise that everithing depends on the
                            capacity of how people percieve and how they develop certain
                            attitudes and aptitudes. In Gregorian music the augmented forth (of
                            diminished fifth) was banned from music and because of its dissonance
                            was named the devil's interval. But the ear became used to it and
                            accepted it as the tension in the dominant before the relaxing tonic
                            (IV-V7-I). And so forth with other harmonic structures untill today
                            when jazz allows everithing, moreover dissonance became a requirement
                            or a consonance.

                            My point is even though we might percieve [d]'s track as "grating to
                            the ear" that's a matter of musical evolution of our ear (taste).
                            However, in time that grating will became granting.

                            Now I hope I'm makeing any sense :-)

                            >
                            > BTW: [d] did you enter that Warp competition ? I think this would
                            be
                            > a good track to enter into that too.

                            Fill in please with more detail. I don't know about Wrap competiton.

                            Adaerus
                            www.mp3.com/adaerus

                            >
                            > Daz.
                            >
                          • adaepid@yahoo.com
                            ... level ... I folklore I don t mean the folk stile of music, but everything that is a result of satisfying a popular demand. That includes everything on
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 2, 2001
                              --- In korgms2000@y..., tom_cmaj@h... wrote:
                              > "We can be optimistic that there is a chance that music can stil be
                              > done as art (as the great clasic composers did) not remain at a
                              level
                              > dictated by a consumer-demand policy, or in other words - remain at
                              > the level of "folklore" (which is what hapends mainly today)."
                              >
                              > Oh, I dunno. I think there are a lot of "folk" musicians who can
                              > easily be described as "sound sculptors" - John Cale, Emmy Lou
                              > Harris, etc.

                              I "folklore" I don't mean the folk stile of music, but everything
                              that is a result of satisfying a popular demand. That includes
                              everything on the market (rock, pop, r&b, techo, rave etc).
                              Sonic sculpture is nothing else but sonic sculpture, otherwise
                              everything that uses sounds can be called a sonic sculpture. to
                              simplify: a sculpture is nothing else but a sonic sculpture,
                              otherwise every object can be called a sculpture.

                              Adaerus

                              www.mp3.com/adaerus



                              >
                              > Ciao, T.
                            • adaepid@yahoo.com
                              ... level ... By folklore I don t mean the folk stile of music, but everything that is a result of satisfying a popular demand. That includes everything on
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jul 2, 2001
                                --- In korgms2000@y..., tom_cmaj@h... wrote:
                                > "We can be optimistic that there is a chance that music can stil be
                                > done as art (as the great clasic composers did) not remain at a
                                level
                                > dictated by a consumer-demand policy, or in other words - remain at
                                > the level of "folklore" (which is what hapends mainly today)."
                                >
                                > Oh, I dunno. I think there are a lot of "folk" musicians who can
                                > easily be described as "sound sculptors" - John Cale, Emmy Lou
                                > Harris, etc.

                                By "folklore" I don't mean the folk stile of music, but everything
                                that is a result of satisfying a popular demand. That includes
                                everything on the market (rock, pop, r&b, techo, rave etc).
                                Sonic sculpture is nothing else but sonic sculpture, otherwise
                                everything that uses sounds can be called a sonic sculpture. to
                                simplify: a sculpture is nothing else but a sonic sculpture,
                                otherwise every object can be called a sculpture.

                                Adaerus

                                www.mp3.com/adaerus



                                >
                                > Ciao, T.
                              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.