Re: Cant's send SysEX files

  • anthony
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2005
      Write Protect "OFF"
      SysEX "E-E"
      that what i did,
      it's doesn't work.
      always the same error "data load error" with ms2k, and receiving sysex
      from midiox, but don't have new sounds in my microkorg.

      i've also tried to slow down the data rate send
      http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/korgms2000/message/13537

      but it doesn't works

      so i'me gonna check the midiox settings
      and tell you if it works

      --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, Darren Moore <zeroslugfm@m...> wrote:
      > > usually korg synth's global settings are fairly similar. In the
      case
      > > of the MicroKorg, lol i'm seeing so many SHIFT functions that it's
      > > making my head spin. Best to check the manual for really in depth
      > > reading, i found it on Page 61, i believe it was. If you still get
      > > troubles then i would check MIDI OX as well. After u get it done
      once
      > > u shouldn't have problems again.
      >
      > So to add in what others posted earlier:
      >
      > Write Protect "OFF"
      > SysEX "E-E" to allow sysEX throught the filters
      >
      > then send ur data from MIDI OX and it should tell u it's receiving.
      > heh and lets hope some more Micro users can lend a hand here.
      >

      > sysEX is a pain at times, heh when problems arise it's usually the
      > smallest error
      >

      > zeroslug
      > --darren
      > >
      > > Message: 3
      > > Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:26:43 -0000
      > > From: "anthonyosmurf" <anthonyosmurf@y...>
      > > Subject: Re: Can't Send Sysex files
      > >

      > > i've got the microkorg, not the ms2000
      > > i have to use an another method?

      > > _

      > > -

    • Dale Kay
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2005
        Wes, my band member has a microkorg, I thought he told me there was a cd that came with it to move patches in and out?
        Maybe there is a trick here... I'll note him this post, he is here on the group too but may be in digest....
        I have the ms2k... so I can't say what may or may not fly microkorg like other than the specs I read...

        dale
        admin@...
        Lancaster CA

        Are you a musician that needs to promote yourself or tell everyone about your
        musical event?
        promotions_n_events-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        is designed just for this.

        band web pages
        Inquisitor Betrayer
        http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/inquisitorbetrayermusic.htm

        Angel's Wings
        http://www.soundclick.com/angelswings

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 4, 2005
          -anthony. just wondering , have you tried using either the SysEx
          Explorer or the Patchbuddy sysex programs for the MS2000 ? They are
          available in the files section. I have a MicroKorg and they have
          worked transferring sysex files for me. I am unable to use the Mk
          editor program on this computer, so i don't have any experience with
          it.
        • anthony
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 5, 2005
            --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, "studiox22" <studiox22@y...> wrote:

            yes, I have tried MS2K Patchbuddy, but it doesn't work,
            i will try with sysex explorer