Re: [korgms2000] Custom Audio Computers in US?

  • yoslugman3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2004
      In a message dated 6/1/2004 2:40:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      admin@... writes:
      I do by request only. Most do it themselves or ask how. DAW and gaming do not
      go hand in hand. Esp. in the sound area.
      i still play my old Nintendo these days, no need for the new ones, give me
      Megaman any day.

      we can go on for hours debating wut parts to use in a DAW (especially since
      people have so many different types of DAWs out there) but any good names to
      look out for, or any general tips on it would be helpful.

      zeroslug
      --darren

    • Dale Kay
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2004
        yep and in the sound card area too...
        what works for gaming is not always what you want for recording etc...
        I favor the Asus boards with true Intel... AMD works great too but me.. I use the real deal. VIA chip set isn't a favorite either... and the built in sound chip ones, kill them out in bios and use a a/d card. Right now I am doing the MOTU thing for most I build and use myself.
        Then, why PC? Why not get a MAC if all you are going to do is DAW... that might be the better choice.
        Lot of stuff to think about... The OSX the mac has is not good for some VSTs. Like the Arturia MMV. So, you need to think about what you are going to use. Know the limitations before spending the bucks.

        I also want my DAW to do dishes, pay bills, laundry and make world peace... ;-)

        Dale Kay
        Administrator Kay-Net.com
        Lancaster CA
        Bus 661.723.0266
        admin@...

        Ampfea's ION group list
        join at http://www.ampfea.org/mailman/listinfo/ionizers

        Band Web page http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/inquisitorbetrayermusic.htm

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1, 2004
          heh while we're at is, anyone wanna share their computer specs?

          zeroslug
          --darren

        • endlessnessisticman
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 1, 2004
            15" TiBook w/ iPod!!! I want the mic interface for the iPod.

            Other than that no audio interface, yet.

            --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, yoslugman3@a... wrote:
            > heh while we're at is, anyone wanna share their computer specs?
            >
            > zeroslug
            > --darren

          • gamble gold
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 1, 2004
              you can also do a google search on 'daw' or 'music computer' and you'll
              find a veritable plethora of sources. never used 'em so i can't atest
              to quality and/or value. built my own, i did.