New to this Group

  • LordSkoochie@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2004
      Greetings All

      I am new here and am in dire need of spacey new pads and sounds for my
      MS2000. I am still learning the whole MIDI game and cannot seem to get anything
      other than the sounds off of the Korg Website to open in Cakewalk and then dump
      into the MS2000. Even when I went to the files section of this group, none of
      the patches would open in Cakewalk. Can anyone help me out?

    • Sjaak de Vos
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2004
        > Greetings All
        >
        > I am new here and am in dire need of spacey new pads and sounds for my
        > MS2000. I am still learning the whole MIDI game and cannot seem to get
        anything
        > other than the sounds off of the Korg Website to open in Cakewalk and then
        dump
        > into the MS2000. Even when I went to the files section of this group, none
        of
        > the patches would open in Cakewalk. Can anyone help me out?

        The files in this group are syx. files.

        So you need a program like patch buddy to send and recieve syx. files.

        The same patch info can be stored in "normal" midi files wich you can
        run/store in Cakewalk.

        I am not a cakewalk user myself so I really dio not know if you can import
        syx files in Cakewalk but get Patch Buddy from the files in this group or
        download a program like midi - ox.
        They can handle syx. files.

        http://www.midiox.com/?http://www.midiox.com/moxdown.htm

        Sjaak
      • LordSkoochie@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2004
          Thank You!!!! Patch Buddy worked like a charm and I am going to ditch
          Cakewalk. I was able to load new sounds within 5 minutes of installing Patch Buddy!