Re: MS20 filters

  • dbdog73
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 1, 2004
      Thats still a digital effect. the point of the original post was to
      state the desire for real analogue filters over digital emulations.

      --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, "terrrance" <9z27sy001@s...> wrote:
      > Let's see, 387 Australian dollars for the Frostwave Resonator or an
      > Alesis Filtre
    • dbdog73
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 1, 2004
        ......... I beg your pardon. The resonator appears to be a genuine
        analogue filter.

        --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, "dbdog73" <dbdog73@y...> wrote:
        > Thats still a digital effect. the point of the original post was to
        > state the desire for real analogue filters over digital emulations.
        >

        > --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, "terrrance" <9z27sy001@s...>
        wrote:
        > > Let's see, 387 Australian dollars for the Frostwave Resonator or
        an
        > > Alesis Filtre
      • matzuber2000
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 2, 2004
          Hi everyone. I have been a quiet member for a little while now. I
          bought a MS2000B late last year.

          Dale this news is very exciting, i have been looking to purchase the
          Frostwave resonator to beef up the MS2k's sounds but if this Hyrbid
          you speak of is coming out soon then i will definitely wait. I didn't
          want to have to buy a CV-Midi converter aswell as the Resonator so
          that i can control filter sweeps etc from my sequencer. So hopefully
          this hybrid can handle midi. Any further info???

          Just one simple question. In order to get an authentic tremelo
          effect, what rate does the LFO have to be set at and what depth. If
          you could give it to me in the MS2000 numbers that would be great. I
          have an analog synth book that tells me to set my LFO at 7Hz but what
          this corresponds to on the MS2k i dont know.

          Thanks all!

          Huw.

          --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, "Dale Kay" <admin@k...> wrote:
          > The market will be filled with a hybrid.
          > One that is analog and digital (choose one or both at once and when
          you want).
          > I can not say more on this. (hint)
          >
          > dale
          >
          > Dale Kay
          > Administrator Kay-Net.com
          > Lancaster CA
          > Bus 661.723.0266
          > admin@k...
          >
          > Moderator of MS2000 User group
          > Subscribe at korgms2000-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
          >
          > Band Web page
          http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/inquisitorbetrayermusic.htm

        • dbdog73
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 2, 2004
            I think the hybrid synth idea was a hyperthetical one made up by the
            original poster on this subject. That idea is to have an MS2000 like
            synth but with real analogue filters & other parts. An affordable
            analogue synth with the stability of a digital VA system like the
            MS2000. That would be very welcome :)

            --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, "matzuber2000" <matzuber@h...>
            wrote:
            > i have been looking to purchase the
            > Frostwave resonator to beef up the MS2k's sounds but if this Hyrbid
            > you speak of is coming out soon then i will definitely wait.
          • Dale Kay
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 2, 2004
              Don't hold your breath, unless you can do that for 18 months to 2.5 years.
              As pointed out to me, these things take time.
              I can not comment on it.

              Dale

              Administrator for Kay-Net.com
              admin@...
              Lancaster CA
              661-723-0266

              Moderator of SETI_techdesk Join here SETI_techdesk-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

              Band Web page http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/inquisitorbetrayermusic.htm
              edited reference below
              Hi everyone. I have been a quiet member for a little while now. I
              bought a MS2000B late last year.

              Dale this news is very exciting, i have been looking to purchase the
              Frostwave resonator to beef up the MS2k's sounds but if this Hyrbid
              you speak of is coming out soon then i will definitely wait. I didn't
              want to have to buy a CV-Midi converter aswell as the Resonator so
              that i can control filter sweeps etc from my sequencer. So hopefully
              this hybrid can handle midi. Any further info???

            • Christopher L Anderson
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 2, 2004
                I thought a hybrid was already available, the Waldorf Q+.

                Hi everyone. I have been a quiet member for a little while now. I
                bought a MS2000B late last year.

                Dale this news is very exciting, i have been looking to purchase the
                Frostwave resonator to beef up the MS2k's sounds but if this Hyrbid
                you speak of is coming out soon then i will definitely wait. I didn't
                want to have to buy a CV-Midi converter aswell as the Resonator so
                that i can control filter sweeps etc from my sequencer. So hopefully
                this hybrid can handle midi. Any further info???

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cpfkqs9/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroup
                web/S=1705032144:HM/EXP=1075832429/A=1945637/R=0/*http:/www.netflix.com/Defa
                ult?mqso=60178397&partid=4116732> click here

                <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupmai
                l/S=:HM/A=1945637/rand=868091218>

                _____

                Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Dale Kay
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 2, 2004
                  The one I am referring too is in the planning stages and not anything like what is out today. Too bad if it gets the ax. Things like this come up all the time. Wont be the first time I was given info like this.