Re: [korgms2000] Re: nintendo

  • ghetto.street
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
      And I was wondering if somebody knows about a 2A03 synth, like for the SID or a similar hardware stuff.
      thanks

    • xxx_hardcor3
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
        Yes, much deeper.

        About a year ago, I posed the question to developers: how come nobody
        has made a NES/Gameboy VSTi emulation? To this day, there has been
        no reply.

        I attempted to recreate the NES's sound engine in SynthEdit, using
        the sound chip specs as a guideline, but it just didn't work.
        There's actual programming to be done, what with the 4-bit
        quantization and the 1-bit sample rom (yes, 1 bit!)...there was just
        too much for me to handle.

        However, to satiate the 8-bit sound junkie within, why not check out
        littlesounddj.com, dl the demo rom and play with it in a GB emu.
        Works for me.

        Or just dust off the ol' NES/Famicom and play a few rounds of Megaman.

        -[d]