Re: Competition (my two cents)

  • Charonia variegata
    Message 1 of 25 , Aug 1, 2003
      --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Reynolds"
      <someawfulbridge@y...> wrote:
      I'm cobbling together a bank of sounds which I'll be
      > posting before long that is full of crunchy electronic percussion,
      > as well as various tabla and gamelan type sounds

      Same here, I made a load of drums from the ms2k and chucked them into
      a Reason 'Redrum' machine, perfect for sequencing them. Then rewired
      into Cubase for a bit of a mangling through lots of vsts.
      But I am happy that any original noise came from the blue box...
      Last night I slept a peaceful refreshing sleep warmed with the
      thoughts of orignal ms2k drum samples... though beaten to a pulp
      to such an extent that even their own blue beastie mother wouldn't
      recognoise them.

      ________ _@:
    • aero .-
      Message 2 of 25 , Aug 1, 2003
        Last year rules made the vocals pass trhu the ms filters/fx.

        Kisses & light taps,
        aero.-

        Message 3 of 25 , Aug 1, 2003
          Being a newbie, if anyone could give some 'tips' on how to get drum sounds
          out of the ms2k in the first place I'd appreciate it... I'm assuming it's
          something to do with the attack/decay/sustain/resonance which I really
          haven't played much with yet.

          > I'm cobbling together a bank of sounds which I'll be
          > > posting before long that is full of crunchy electronic percussion,
          > > as well as various tabla and gamelan type sounds
          >
          > Same here, I made a load of drums from the ms2k and chucked them into
          > a Reason 'Redrum' machine, perfect for sequencing them. Then rewired
          > into Cubase for a bit of a mangling through lots of vsts.
          > But I am happy that any original noise came from the blue box...
          > Last night I slept a peaceful refreshing sleep warmed with the
          > thoughts of orignal ms2k drum samples... though beaten to a pulp
          > to such an extent that even their own blue beastie mother wouldn't
          > recognoise them.
          >
          > ________ _@:

        • David A. Pope
          Message 4 of 25 , Aug 1, 2003
            How do you find out about future products before they are released or
            announced? I've heard absolutely NOTHING about newer versions of the MS2000
            and yet everyone here seems to know whats next...

            David

            Want to buy one... may wait for a while to see what comes out....

          • Mark Reynolds
            Message 5 of 25 , Aug 1, 2003
              http://www.soundonsound.com/search?url=%2Fsearch&Section
              =8&Subject=12

              This search lists several of Sound on Sound's excellent synth
              technique stories, including several related to drums. If you're
              new to analog synthesis, though, every article in the series will
              be of use.

              Mark
              www.someawfulbridge.com
              www.mp3.com/someawfulbridge

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • jbartuski@mn.rr.com
              Message 6 of 25 , Aug 1, 2003
                Looks like I've got a bit of weekend reading material here. Thanks a
                million!

                > This search lists several of Sound on Sound's excellent synth
                > technique stories, including several related to drums. If you're
                > new to analog synthesis, though, every article in the series will
                > be of use.
                >
                > Mark
                > www.someawfulbridge.com
                > www.mp3.com/someawfulbridge
                >

                > --- In korgms2000@yahoogroups.com, jbartuski@m... wrote:
                > > Being a newbie, if anyone could give some 'tips' on how to get
                > drum sounds
                > > out of the ms2k in the first place I'd appreciate it... I'm
                > assuming it's
                > > something to do with the attack/decay/sustain/resonance
                > which I really
                > > haven't played much with yet.

              • Phil/Mary Lou
                Message 7 of 25 , Aug 2, 2003
                  The B model was announced many months ago (perhaps at Winter Music Messe??)
                  That and NAMM are the 2 big music gear industry events where manufacturers
                  often announce new products.

                  Phil

                  > How do you find out about future products before they are released or
                  >announced? I've heard absolutely NOTHING about newer versions of the
                  MS2000
                  >and yet everyone here seems to know whats next...
                • xxx_hardcor3
                  Message 8 of 25 , Aug 2, 2003
                    <someawfulbridge@y...> wrote:
                    > http://www.soundonsound.com/search?url=%2Fsearch&Section
                    > =8&Subject=12
                    >
                    > This search lists several of Sound on Sound's excellent synth
                    > technique stories, including several related to drums. If you're
                    > new to analog synthesis, though, every article in the series will
                    > be of use.
                    >
                    > Mark

                    ...And search the archives for "drum sounds".

                    Oh, and how could I forget? Go to Files/Misc and you'll find a
                    drmsnds.zip with 11 drum sounds that I made last year.

                    Chuck em in yer samplr and go!

                    -[d]
                  • race_slick
                    Message 9 of 25 , Aug 3, 2003
                      Checkout the back issues of Sound on Sound magazine...

                      http://www.soundonsound.com