Gee, who knew my old Mono/Poly had a following?

  • personwhosentmessage
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2006
      Hey, this is kind of fun. I have a mint Korg Mono/Poly, bought new
      around 1983. I've never wanted to part with it even though my band days
      are well behind me. I've always treated it well and somehow managed to
      avoid any roadwear. Lately I've been wandering around on the web,
      googling "Korg Mono/Poly." I seem to be an accidental member of a
      little clubhouse of sorts. And hey, why not? It's tons of fun tweaking
      all those knobs and buttons, a very personalized palette. Any goombah
      can choose a voice from a menu. <g> (and I do it all the time).

      Aside from studiously coming up with voices to approximate the sound of
      whatever cover we were doing in the band, one of my favorite goofing-
      around projects was to come up with the most obnoxious sound possible.
      This almost invariably involved ring modulation.