Re: [korg_mono-poly] Mono/poly>CV to midi box>My PC

  • Jase From Outta Space
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 12, 2006
      A sample of a Roland TR707 drum machine's Rimshot would be ideal ...

      The TR707 actually had a dedicated Rimshot trigger output specifically for driving arpegiators ... this worked well for driving sync pulses into my Juno 6 back in the day. In fact the only reason I kept the 707 for so long was because it provided a convenient MIDI -> Sync Pulse "bridge" in my setup.

      Cheers

      jasefos

      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 12, 2006
        Take note though that then M/P requires a negative going
        trigger, so a positive pulse will trigger it on the down
        slope. Depending on the pulse width, that might be too late.

        The Arp trigger output from my Kenton Pro-2 doesn't work,
        for example. The clock trigger from my Doepfer midi-cv is
        fine, but I need to invert the output from the default.

        > A sample of a Roland TR707 drum machine's Rimshot would be ideal ...
        >
        > The TR707 actually had a dedicated Rimshot trigger output specifically
        > for driving arpegiators ... this worked well for driving sync pulses
        > into my Juno 6 back in the day. In fact the only reason I kept the 707
        > for so long was because it provided a convenient MIDI -> Sync Pulse
        > "bridge" in my setup.
      • Martin Bonnevier
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 14, 2006
          Hi! Yes, that should work. I actually never tried it on my MP, but on my
          Juno-60 it works like a charm.

          Best regards
          Martin

          >From: people person <peopleperson04@...>
          >To: korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: RE: [korg_mono-poly] Mono/poly>CV to midi box>My PC
          >Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 05:58:26 -0700 (PDT)
          >
          >You mean all I gotta do is send short audio bits into the arpeggio trigger?
          > Like a simple click track perhaps?
          >
          >Martin Bonnevier <martinbonnevier@...> wrote: Hi! one easy way to
          >do that is if you���ve got mulitiple outputs from your
          >soundcard. Just program a track with for example 1/16 notes, then use a
          >short sample (fast attack), and route it through the soundcard ouput to
          >"arpeggio trig in" on the MP.
          >
          >Best regards
          >Martin, Sweden
          >

          > >From: "peopleperson04"

          > >To: korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com
          > >Subject: [korg_mono-poly] Mono/poly>CV to midi box>My PC
          > >Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 19:20:43 -0000
          > >
          > >Hello all. I recently acquired a Mono/Poly and I love it. I have a
          > >Midi to CV converter box which I know I can use with it to some
          > >degree. Here's what I'm looking to do though, and I don't know if
          > >it's possible. I'd love to be able to somehow get the arpeggiator to
          > >lock up with the tempo grid in Acid 6.0. Is there anyway I can do
          > >this? I want to play arpeggiated sequences into Acid while building
          > >around them (kinda like mid-70's Tangerine Dream).
          > >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links
          >

          >---------------------------------
          >Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
        • people person
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 14, 2006
            Yeah, worked like a charm.  Thanks a bunch!

            Martin Bonnevier <martinbonnevier@...> wrote:
            Hi! Yes, that should work. I actually never tried it on my MP, but on my
            Juno-60 it works like a charm.

            Best regards
            Martin

            >From: people person
            >To: korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: RE: [korg_mono-poly] Mono/poly>CV to midi box>My PC
            >Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 05:58:26 -0700 (PDT)
            >
            >You mean all I gotta do is send short audio bits into the arpeggio trigger?
            > Like a simple click track perhaps?
            >
            >Martin Bonnevier wrote: Hi! one easy way to
            >do that is if you�ve got mulitiple outputs from your
            >soundcard. Just program a track with for example 1/16 notes, then use a
            >short sample (fast attack), and route it through the soundcard ouput to
            >"arpeggio trig in" on the MP.
            >
            >Best regards
            >Martin, Sweden
            >

            > >From: "peopleperson04"

            > >To: korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com
            > >Subject: [korg_mono-poly] Mono/poly>CV to midi box>My PC
            > >Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 19:20:43 -0000
            > >
            > >Hello all. I recently acquired a Mono/Poly and I love it. I have a
            > >Midi to CV converter box which I know I can use with it to some
            > >degree. Here's what I'm looking to do though, and I don't know if
            > >it's possible. I'd love to be able to somehow get the arpeggiator to
            > >lock up with the tempo grid in Acid 6.0. Is there anyway I can do
            > >this? I want to play arpeggiated sequences into Acid while building
            > >around them (kinda like mid-70's Tangerine Dream).
            > >

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Do you Yahoo!?

          • Martin Bonnevier
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 14, 2006
              No problems! Glad it worked!

              /Martin

              >From: people person <peopleperson04@...>
              >To: korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: RE: [korg_mono-poly] Mono/poly>CV to midi box>My PC
              >Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 05:04:28 -0700 (PDT)
              >
              >Yeah, worked like a charm. Thanks a bunch!
              >
              >Martin Bonnevier <martinbonnevier@...> wrote: Hi! Yes, that should
              >work. I actually never tried it on my MP, but on my
              >Juno-60 it works like a charm.
              >
              >Best regards
              >Martin
              >

              > >From: people person

              > >To: korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com
              > >Subject: RE: [korg_mono-poly] Mono/poly>CV to midi box>My PC
              > >Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 05:58:26 -0700 (PDT)
              > >
              > >You mean all I gotta do is send short audio bits into the arpeggio
              >trigger?
              > > Like a simple click track perhaps?
              > >
              > >Martin Bonnevier wrote: Hi! one easy way to
              > >do that is if you���ve got mulitiple outputs from your
              > >soundcard. Just program a track with for example 1/16 notes, then use a
              > >short sample (fast attack), and route it through the soundcard ouput to
              > >"arpeggio trig in" on the MP.
              > >
              > >Best regards
              > >Martin, Sweden
              > >

              > > >From: "peopleperson04"

              > > >To: korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com
              > > >Subject: [korg_mono-poly] Mono/poly>CV to midi box>My PC
              > > >Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 19:20:43 -0000
              > > >
              > > >Hello all. I recently acquired a Mono/Poly and I love it. I have a
              > > >Midi to CV converter box which I know I can use with it to some
              > > >degree. Here's what I'm looking to do though, and I don't know if
              > > >it's possible. I'd love to be able to somehow get the arpeggiator to
              > > >lock up with the tempo grid in Acid 6.0. Is there anyway I can do
              > > >this? I want to play arpeggiated sequences into Acid while building
              > > >around them (kinda like mid-70's Tangerine Dream).
              > > >

              > >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • people person
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 14, 2006
                Yeah, I ran a click out of a seperate soundcard output and it worked perfectly.  There's a noticeable amount of latency, but I just made a wav file out of the click, and moved it up a little in my host software.  Piece of cake.  Again, thanks so much.

                Martin Bonnevier <martinbonnevier@...> wrote:
                No problems! Glad it worked!

                /Martin

                >From: people person
                >To: korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: RE: [korg_mono-poly] Mono/poly>CV to midi box>My PC
                >Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 05:04:28 -0700 (PDT)
                >
                >Yeah, worked like a charm. Thanks a bunch!
                >
                >Martin Bonnevier wrote: Hi! Yes, that should
                >work. I actually never tried it on my MP, but on my
                >Juno-60 it works like a charm.
                >
                >Best regards
                >Martin
                >

                > >From: people person

                > >To: korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com
                > >Subject: RE: [korg_mono-poly] Mono/poly>CV to midi box>My PC
                > >Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 05:58:26 -0700 (PDT)
                > >
                > >You mean all I gotta do is send short audio bits into the arpeggio
                >trigger?
                > > Like a simple click track perhaps?
                > >
                > >Martin Bonnevier wrote: Hi! one easy way to
                > >do that is if you�ve got mulitiple outputs from your
                > >soundcard. Just program a track with for example 1/16 notes, then use a
                > >short sample (fast attack), and route it through the soundcard ouput to
                > >"arpeggio trig in" on the MP.
                > >
                > >Best regards
                > >Martin, Sweden
                > >

                > > >From: "peopleperson04"

                > > >To: korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com
                > > >Subject: [korg_mono-poly] Mono/poly>CV to midi box>My PC
                > > >Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 19:20:43 -0000
                > > >
                > > >Hello all. I recently acquired a Mono/Poly and I love it. I have a
                > > >Midi to CV converter box which I know I can use with it to some
                > > >degree. Here's what I'm looking to do though, and I don't know if
                > > >it's possible. I'd love to be able to somehow get the arpeggiator to
                > > >lock up with the tempo grid in Acid 6.0. Is there anyway I can do
                > > >this? I want to play arpeggiated sequences into Acid while building
                > > >around them (kinda like mid-70's Tangerine Dream).
                > > >

                > >Yahoo! Groups Links

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • JIMBO
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 17, 2006
                  In ProTools I send Midi Beat Clock to my Doepfer MAQ 16/3 sequencer, then take the CV
                  Gate out from one of the MAQ's rows, and send it to the MonoPoly Arpeggio Trig In. I've
                  included a sound example in the "Files" section of this group. There was some latency, so,
                  as has been mentioned here earlier, I moved the sound file to match the beat, removing
                  the "swing" feel.

                  Peace,
                  Jimbo
                  www.sequenox.com

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 18, 2006
                    Hi Jimbo

                    > In ProTools I send Midi Beat Clock to my Doepfer MAQ 16/3 sequencer, then take the CV
                    > Gate out from one of the MAQ's rows, and send it to the MonoPoly Arpeggio Trig In. I've
                    > included a sound example in the "Files" section of this group. There was some latency, [...]

                    The latency happens, because the arpeggio-clock-in as a switched trigger
                    in reacts occasionally on the falling edge of the gate. You could fix
                    this either by setting the MAQ to send inverted gate or (better) by the
                    use of a gate to switched trigger converter.

                    Florian
                  • Jim Cowgill
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 18, 2006
                      Thanks Florian, I'll try that, got to brush off the MAQ manual, one of the most perplexing documents in synthdom.