Re: [korg_mono-poly] American Mono/Poly voltage

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 25, 2013
      Hello Ethan,

      I think it depends on how long you want to stay here, and how much other
      US-gear you want to use. If you have only the Monopoly it might be worth
      to replace the US-transformer with an 230V transformer.

      If you have other gear too, then a larger stepdown transformer might be
      useful.

      Florian

      Ethan wrote:
      > Hi guys,
      >
      > I recently brought my American Mono/Poly to Europe. Thanks to the guys here who recommended double boxing- it seems to have made it securely!
      >
      > Here's my question- my Mono/Poly has an American plug and we use a different voltage standard. Can I plug it in with an adapter in Europe or will I fry it?

    • Dave Manley
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 25, 2013

        Sometimes 3dB is really important :-)

        P.S. some of the mods suggested recently look very interesting - if only there were more hours in a day...

      • Ethan Turbek
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 6, 2013
          Thanks a lot for the replies guys!

          I originally ordered a 150w converter but unfortunately it's out of stock and the order was cancelled.

          I will only be running an EQ unit and the Mono/Poly with the converter. In the Korg manual the power consumption is listed as 28W and the EQ Transformer says 18W. Should a 100W converter be sufficient to run both devices?

          Thanks!
          Ethan