Re: VCOs 3 and 4 out of tune

  • chipaudette
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22, 2013
      Hi Dave,

      I've got a similar problem with my VCO4, but it is only out of tune by about 1/2 semitone. Being so small, I can still correct it with the tuning knob.

      The weird part is that it happened all-of-a-sudden, not gradually. And, occasionally, it plays at the correct pitch for a while before stuttering down to the ~1/2 semitone out. Weird.

      Did you ever figure out your problem?

      Chip

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 22, 2013
        Hello

        > The weird part is that it happened all-of-a-sudden, not gradually.
        > And, occasionally, it plays at the correct pitch for a while before
        > stuttering down to the ~1/2 semitone out. Weird.
        sounds like dirt in a trimmer or broken/cold solderjoint at a trimmer.

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 22, 2013

          Could it be one fo the solder joints to the heat pin?  I had a loose point on voice two 'the yellow wire' which would loose contact and the heat compensation board KLM 357 would start adjusting the pitch of the voice due to the lack of voltage.  So it went out quite suddenly and at random.  5 seconds to fix.