Re: [korg_mono-poly] VCO 4 as alternative modulation source for the modwheel -filter cross modulation

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 22, 2012
      Oh uuuups: I see that the description is missing. Sorry. I had to
      restore a backup of these pages some time ago and it seems I did not
      have a backup of the latest version. I hope I will find it on my machine
      at home. This may take a day or two.

      Florian

      Am 22.11.2012 13:42, schrieb Florian Anwander:
      > What information do you need?

      http://fa.utfs.org/
    • iscrites
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 24, 2012
        I would also be interested in doying this mod.

        Also is there a way to add a random mode to the Arpegiator ??

        > > Hello,
        > > I just read on http://fa.utfs.org/diy/korg_monopoly/modifications.html about a modification "VCO 4 as alternative modulation source for the modwheel (filter cross modulation)"
        > >
        > > Do you have any more info about this ?
      • dir_marillion
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 28, 2012
          --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "iscrites" <i.scrites@...> wrote:

          > I would also be interested in doying this mod.
          >
          > Also is there a way to add a random mode to the Arpegiator ??
          >
          > > > Hello,
          > > > I just read on http://fa.utfs.org/diy/korg_monopoly/modifications.html about a modification "VCO 4 as alternative modulation source for the modwheel (filter cross modulation)"
          > > >
          > > > Do you have any more info about this ?

          It seems a very interesting mod
        • iluvator
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 9, 2012
            Hello, any information-schematics-documentation on this modification (VCO 4 as alternative modulation source for the modwheel -filter cross modulation)? Please Florian, share with us, this is probably the mod I was dreaming of for my mono/poly.

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 10, 2012
              Am 10.12.2012 08:39, schrieb iluvator:
              > Hello, any information-schematics-documentation on this modification
              > (VCO 4 as alternative modulation source for the modwheel -filter
              > cross modulation)? Please Florian, share with us, this is probably
              > the mod I was dreaming of for my mono/poly.

              I am sorry, but I have not time for things like that at the moment.

              I will do that somewhen next year

              Florian
            • dir_marillion
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 11, 2012
                --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, Florian Anwander <fanwander@...> wrote:

                > Am 10.12.2012 08:39, schrieb iluvator:
                > > Hello, any information-schematics-documentation on this modification
                > > (VCO 4 as alternative modulation source for the modwheel -filter
                > > cross modulation)? Please Florian, share with us, this is probably
                > > the mod I was dreaming of for my mono/poly.
                >
                > I am sorry, but I have not time for things like that at the moment.
                >
                > I will do that somewhen next year
                >
                > Florian

                Florian, are you sure that this kind of modification exists and it is not an opened project ?

                I am asking you because I have searched a lot of Mono/Poly relative documents and never found something like that.
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 12, 2012
                  Hello

                  On 11.12.12 21:36 , dir_marillion wrote:
                  > Florian, are you sure that this kind of modification exists and it is not an opened project ?
                  It works in my MP. It is basically simple:
                  insert a two position switch in the line between MG1 and Modwheel and
                  connect the output of VCO4 (pre level 4) to the other pole of the switch.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 12, 2012
                    This mod really isn't to hard to figure out for your self.
                    I used VCO as my source as I think it's a better option as it has more interdependent controls.
                    I tapped the VCO 1 single pre gate but post wave form and placed a switch and potentiometer in the circuit to mix the level in to the MG1 signal rather than replace them.  This was a very basic goriller implementation but gives good results.  I'm currently working on an upgrade of this where the signal will be buffered and so no need for the switch.  I'm also planning on adding noise as the MG1 shape and S/H.  Also there will be a ringmodulator and this should all be implemented on the same board which if all goes well I will then sell in kit form.  It's a few months away yet.  Still working in LTspice before ordering materials and building the proto-type strip board for testing.  Then I'll be finalizing a PCB design and having a small run made up.