Re: Mono/Poly Needs Repair- Please Help

  • pulsewidth123
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 11, 2006
      I would suggest asking at Vintage Synth Explorers forums. I'm a
      member there, and there are some pretty knowledgable people on there.
      Hope they can help.
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 12, 2006
        Hi

        The schematics are here:
        http://www.synthfool.com/schematics/Korg_MonoPoly_Servicemanual.zip

        First thing you should check is the powersupply. Measure the supply
        voltages. Maybe simply the fuse. May be dryed electrolyte capacitors.

        Florian

        bryun wrote:

        > --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "bryun" <cryofthemourning@...>
        > wrote:
        >
        >>I have a mono/poly which appeared to work fine for some while. then,
        >>one day, it stopped working out of nowhere. The gate light still
        >>lights up when the unit is on and some white noise can be heard when
        >>keys are pressed, and the filters can be heard to work. Does anybody
        >>have any idea what might be wrong? I have some basic electronic
        >
        > skills
        >
        >>and I am competent with a soldering iron. If anybody has any clue
        >
        > what
        >
        >>I can do, please reply or contact my personal e-mail.
        >>Thanks a lot,
        >>Bryan
        >>

        > anybody wanna help me or no?

        Florian Anwander |ConSol
        Tel. +49(89)45841-133 |Consulting&Solutions Software GmbH
        Fax +49(89)45841-111 |Franziskanerstr. 38, D-81669 M√ľnchen
        email: florian.anwander@... |http://www.consol.de
      • Scott Deyo
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 13, 2006
          It might be easier to find a local repair-person. Somewhere inbetween your
          gates and your oscillators something's wrong, but it's hard to say where.
          Where are you located?

          Scott

          >From: "pulsewidth123" <jiggowatt@...>
          >To: korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [korg_mono-poly] Re: Mono/Poly Needs Repair- Please Help
          >Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 08:11:41 -0000
          >
          >I would suggest asking at Vintage Synth Explorers forums. I'm a
          >member there, and there are some pretty knowledgable people on there.
          > Hope they can help.

        • Bryun Van Hyning
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 13, 2006
            I'm in southern California by LA.

            Scott Deyo <thom_s4@...> wrote:

            It might be easier to find a local repair-person. Somewhere inbetween your
            gates and your oscillators something's wrong, but it's hard to say where.
            Where are you located?

            Scott

            >From: "pulsewidth123" <jiggowatt@hotmail. com>
            >To: korg_mono-poly@ yahoogroups. com
            >Subject: [korg_mono-poly] Re: Mono/Poly Needs Repair- Please Help
            >Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 08:11:41 -0000
            >
            >I would suggest asking at Vintage Synth Explorers forums. I'm a
            >member there, and there are some pretty knowledgable people on there.
            > Hope they can help.

          • Jim Cowgill
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 13, 2006

              Try these guys: