Shipping my Mono/Poly

  • Ethan
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 20 11:16 PM
      Hi,

      I'm moving to Germany from the US and I want to bring my Mono/Poly with me.

      Due to the unusual size of the synthesizer I am having a hard time figuring out the best way to pack it.

      A plastic hard-case durable enough to take on the flight is too heavy for the weight limits.

      When you guys bought your Mono/Polys, were they shipped to you and how were they packed?

      You can also email me at ethan.turbek@...

      Die Deutschen koennen mir gerne auf Deutsch schreiben ;)
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 21 1:03 AM
        Hi Ethan,

        according to the specifications the basic weight is 12 kg. What is is
        the weight limit in the plain?

        If you want to take it with you in the plain, then I definitely
        recommend a case. (I bought a Thomann case for mine. I think the Thoman
        case isn't heavier than 5 or 6 kg. Costs: 99 Euros)

        If you don't want to use a case for that, then pack it as a double
        packed parcel. Example pictures from a Waldorf Microwave:
        http://fa.utfs.org/diy/waldorfmicrowave/

        * wrap the synth in a lot of bubble wrap,
        * put it with a lot of padding into a cardbord box,
        * wrap this box again in four or five layers of bubble wrap
        * and place this again in a second cardbord box.
        * finally tape all corners, edges and slices of the outer box. So the
        box cannot get stuck in the transport systems.

        http://fa.utfs.org/
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 21 1:04 AM
          Am 21.08.2012 10:03, schrieb Florian Anwander:
          > What is is the weight limit in the plain?

          s/plaine/plane :-)))
        • nickfoster424
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 24 8:39 AM
            Hi,

            I live in the UK and I got my MonoPoly from a seller in Romania.

            He wrapped the synth very tightly and precisely in bubblewrap (two layers). The box he shipped it in was sturdy, about 5cms larger than the synth (in all directions), at each end he packed thick card spacers, under and above the synth he filled the remaining space with newspaper sheets rolled into balls about the size of tennis balls.

            The synth was "mint" before he shipped it by post, and it still is now!

            Hope this helps.

            Nick :)