Low Audio Output

  • jonyeo909
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 26, 2012
      Greetings to all!

      A new member here and hope to seek some advise on the current state of my MP

      I recently modded the MP with CHD 's midi retrofit. After completing the retrofitting, i ran some tests on the midi functions, they all went according to plan. The only thing its the low audio output for both Headphones and Main Output , sometimes it goes really soft, but not totally silent.

      When the audio is really soft, by Opening up the resonance to full and sweeping the filter , i could clearly hear the filter screaming away as it should but with extremely soft VCOs in the background. I fiddled around with the ADSR, its all good but with VCOs very faintly in the background.

      On a Good Day, the MP works like charm, with full audio output, without the problem mentioned.

      i like to believe the problem i have has nothing to do with the midi retrofit. Hope someone here is able to share where I can start troubleshooting, Thanks in advance

      Peace
      Jon
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 26, 2012
        Hello Jon

        Am 26.06.2012 16:10, schrieb jonyeo909:
        > On a Good Day, the MP works like charm, with full audio output, without the problem mentioned.
        The cause is simply dirt or oxidation in the Hi/Lo/Off switch.

        http://fa.utfs.org/
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 26, 2012
          Hi Jonyeo909. Do you say you can hear the filter self resonating at the normal level but the VCO's are quiet?  If that's is the case then the Hi/Lo/off switch wouldn't be the candidate would it Florain?

          If the level of everything is low including the filter and I'm reading it wrong then Florain's suggestion is he most likely cause ;)  get some switch cleaner in there and flick the switch back and fourth several times.

          The CHD midi should interferer with any of the analogue voice circuits as it only interfaces with the key assigning board which is why we have the stepped pitch wheel implementation so I doubt the kit has anything to do with it but installing it may have exasperated and existing problem to a now noticeable level.

          Alan

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 26, 2012
            Hi Both,

            Appreciate the response.

            The filter is not self resonating. When i first discovered the audio being low, i went through the parameters including the Hi/Low toggle switch, as i tot the low audio could be deal to these settings, unfortunately not.

            When i was at the filter /Resonance section, I set the filter to FULL and manually sweeps the Resonance , i can hear me sweeping it manually BUT with low audio output of the VCOs.

            Your thoughts ? Thanks in advance

            Jon