Sample and hold clock trigger

  • genetik
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19, 2012
      So I did get my sample and hold mod to work. I had to attach different parts of the mod wheel pot to the MG1 or sample and hold switch. Maybe it was because I have the old revision mp or maybe the schematic for the mod is wrong.

      Anyways, now what I found is that if I'm using the arpeggiator clocked by MG2 and the sample and hold clocked by MG2, the sample and hold is lagging. I think the S/H circuit is looking for a positive going trigger while MG2 is spitting out a negative going trigger. I could make a little trigger converter in my circuit to fix this. Anyone have any opinions or experience with this?
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 20, 2012
        Hello

        > Anyways, now what I found is that if I'm using the arpeggiator
        > clocked by MG2 and the sample and hold clocked by MG2, the sample and
        > hold is lagging. I think the S/H circuit is looking for a positive
        > going trigger while MG2 is spitting out a negative going trigger. I
        > could make a little trigger converter in my circuit to fix this.
        > Anyone have any opinions or experience with this?

        It is not the MG2. It is the Arpeggiator: the arpeggiator clock-in is a
        "switched trigger" and - if fed with a voltage clock - clocks on the
        negative edge.

        You find a instruction for the modification on
        http://fa.utfs.org/diy/korg_monopoly/modifications.html
        look for: "V-Trigger to S-Trigger Adapter for the Arpeggio Clock"

        http://fa.utfs.org/
      • Hayden Van Moskowitz
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 22, 2012
          That worked. Thanks!

          I also soldered the MG2 clock on the 356 board instead. Specifically to the right side of the 10k resistor from the arpeggiator trigger mod at J42. Now the sample and hold is clocked by MG2 or by the external arpeggiator trigger in depending on what is hooked up.

          Hello