heater circuits in Monopoly

  • thesnomans
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2011
      I was curious if anyone had any idea why Korg thought it necessary to add the 500 ohm resistors to the top of the VCO chips, when the SSM2033 already has a built in heater.
      if I understand the circuit correctly, this purpose of this resistor is to get hot, and heat up the chip, and once the chip heater circuit stops drawing as much current (the chip gets hot) the resistor isn't doing anything.
      was it just to speed up the warming process?
      -steve
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 21, 2011
        Is the idea not to regulate the heat of the chip to hold a constant temp?  Maybe they found the stock chips ran to hot in the MP's circuits and extra external temperature control was needed to keep the voices from drifting.  That would be my guess.