Re: [korg_mono-poly] White noise when played, even with all OSC off and filter closed

    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 9, 2011
      Hello Mark

      Am 09.11.2011 11:21, schrieb Mark Burow:
      > what exactly do you mean with recalibration? do I have to trim/tune the
      > voices, or is there some more options to do besides that?

      I don't think that any recalibration is required.

      regarding sound examples:
      I won't be able to do recordings in the same way like you did until next
      week. But I will do.

      Florian
    • mokkinger
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 9, 2011
        Hi Jeppe,

        thanks for the info, really seems like this is normal and nothing is broken;

        still dont get it how I did these thick fat basslines with one sinewave, filter almost completely closed... maybe I should do some experiments with a LP filter...

        thanks for trying!
        mark

        --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, Jeppe Madsen <joppemadsen@...> wrote:

        > Hey Mark. Mine sounds almost the same at the triangle wave setting. Maybe
        > with a little less bg noise, but almost the same. It seems like the
        > triangle wave output is quite low, and as a result there's a lot of
        > "circuitry noise" on a solo triangle wave setting.
        > If you find a way to remove the noise please let me know.
        >
        > Maybe you could record the bass line you wold like without any osc's turned
        > up, and then re-record it again with the sound you want and then phase
        > invert the first recording. Maybe you could cancel out some of the noise. I
        > don't know if it would work, or if it's the solution you are looking for.
        >
        > Good Luck.
        > Jeppe

      • mokkinger
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 9, 2011
          okay, sounds good... whenever you have the time, I'll be glad to hear any examples;

          and thanks for your help!
          mark

          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 9, 2011
            I would take Florain word for it on these matters he knows the Monopoly very well but a full recalibration would start from the power supply and is detailed in the service manual.  You do need volt meter and oscilloscope to do it.
            Re- the phase inversion idea if there is any part of the back ground noise that is not random you may have some chance of removing it that way if you can see a pattern in the wave form and line it up perfectly also but any true noise aspect wont be removed as noise by its very nature is random and so wont share a common phase to be inverted.  Your best best would be to take a recording of the noise and use that as a source file for a noise removal tool the likes of which you can find in programs like adobe audition or the waves plugins have noise removal tools you just have to be careful not to push them to far and introduce artefacts.

            Am 09.11.2011 11:21, schrieb Mark Burow:
            > what exactly do you mean with recalibration? do I have to
            trim/tune the
            > voices, or is there some more options to do besides that?

            I don't think that any recalibration is required.

            regarding sound examples:
            I won't be able to do recordings in the same way like you did until next
            week. But I will do.

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to: