Re: [korg_mono-poly] Noise sound and All LEDs are lit

  • Chase Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
      Can you post a sample of the noise?  My mono/poly works fine, but also has a high pitched noise in the background.  I'd like to know if they are similar.  Never been able to figure out the cause of it.

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
        don't have the MP4 here now, I can't any tones from the synth, it's just the nosie if i put the output switch (next to the volume dial) to high.

        Darijo

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
          Hello Darijo,

          this sounds like a broken regulator in the powersupply, which gets
          corrupted when heating up.

          I'd suggest not to switch the synth on again. If the Monopoly is running
          with on supply-rail missing, the non longer available VCO chips might be
          killed.

          If you are not experienced in doing electronics repair, then give it to
          a repair shop (if you would be experienced, you would not have to ask
          here...).

          Florian