Noise sound and All LEDs are lit

  • Darijo Berkes
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
       I have a Korg Mono/Poly with a strange error.

      When I turn on the MP4, it looks like everything is fine, but after some seconds all LEDs turns on (for all VCO, Key Assigne buttons, Effect), Sometimes the one or two of the OSC LEDs kan start to flicker. Nothing happends if I press any of the "Key Assigne" buttons. If i turn on the volume to maximum and set the "Output" switch to high I get some kind of noise sound and it doesn't matter what key I press on the keyboard, I only get this noise sound.

      Anyone idees what it could be?
    • Chase Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
        Can you post a sample of the noise?  My mono/poly works fine, but also has a high pitched noise in the background.  I'd like to know if they are similar.  Never been able to figure out the cause of it.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
          don't have the MP4 here now, I can't any tones from the synth, it's just the nosie if i put the output switch (next to the volume dial) to high.

          Darijo

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
            Hello Darijo,

            this sounds like a broken regulator in the powersupply, which gets
            corrupted when heating up.

            I'd suggest not to switch the synth on again. If the Monopoly is running
            with on supply-rail missing, the non longer available VCO chips might be
            killed.

            If you are not experienced in doing electronics repair, then give it to
            a repair shop (if you would be experienced, you would not have to ask
            here...).

            Florian