Re: value of a used monopoly

  • suicidesushi82
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
      Wow... miscalculation. Sorry. 10.000 Danish Kroner is 1900 Dollars. And that is a fair price in my opinion. But
      I'm bias I guess.

    • paulsikivie@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
        I bought my m/p for $1250 from an estate. The liquidator (no expert on synths; unable to verify functionality) based his starting price ("best offer over $1500") on eBay prices. Knowing that prices have shot up a lot in recent years combined with the general anxiety about world economy (will the synth bubble pop?) makes me really resent a lot of eBay prices. But they do represent what the global market ($/€ and £ exchange plays a big factor in my frustration) is willing to pay.

        Sent via BlackBerry

        From: "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...>
        Sender: korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:38:38 -0000
        To: <korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [korg_mono-poly] Re: value of a used monopoly

        Wow... miscalculation. Sorry. 10.000 Danish Kroner is 1900 Dollars. And that is a fair price in my opinion. But
        I'm bias I guess.

        --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...> wrote:

        > Well on Ebay they a quite expensive. Often the buy it now price is around 2000 dollars and up. I got mine for around 850 dollars (4500 danish kroner) but I think that was a steal. If I should sell mine today I would request 10.000 Danish Kroner which is around 1000 dollars. That is a fair price i think. But it is worth a lot more to me personally. I hope that helps.
        >
        > Jeppe / Copenhagen
        >

        > --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, phono 1337 <phono1337@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I'm jsut not using the monopoly enough to warrant keeping it, i
        > > wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what i should be asking for
        > > it please.
        > >
        > > Its in full working condition (except the keys which dont always
        > > trigger, but i will repair this before selling), front panel is clean,
        > > bottom front end of one of the fake wood sides has a little of the
        > > plastic missing.
        > >
        > > So a pretty clean machine, whats it worth?
        > >
        > > regards
        > >
        > > Paul

      • phono 1337
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
          thanks guys,

          so between 1200 and 1400 euros would be a fair price to ask?

          can anyone else chime in please

          Paul

          From: "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...>
          Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:38:38 -0000

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
            Hello Paul

            No. A Monopoly goes usually for 1000 Euros (I monitor the value of all
            synths I own on ebay). If it is with MIDI interface and really in
            perfect optical shape, you may reach 1200.

            Florian

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
              I picked mine up for £400 of ebay in 2006 / 07 I've seenpeople put them up on ebay now for £800 to £1000 GBP.

              From: "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...>
              Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:38:38 -0000

              Wow... miscalculation. Sorry. 10.000 Danish Kroner is 1900 Dollars. And that is a fair price in my opinion. But
              I'm bias I guess.

              --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...> wrote:

              > Well on Ebay they a quite expensive. Often the buy it now price is around 2000 dollars and up. I got mine for around 850 dollars (4500 danish kroner) but I think that was a steal. If I should sell mine today I would request 10.000 Danish Kroner which is around 1000 dollars. That is a fair price i think. But it is worth a lot more to me personally. I hope that helps.
              >
              > Jeppe / Copenhagen
              >

              > --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, phono 1337 <phono1337@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I'm jsut not using the monopoly enough to warrant keeping it, i
              > > wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what i should be asking for
              > > it please.
              > >
              > > Its in full working condition (except the keys which dont always
              > > trigger, but i will repair this before selling), front panel is clean,
              > > bottom front end of one of the fake wood sides has a little of the
              > > plastic missing.
              > >
              > > So a pretty clean machine, whats it worth?
              > >
              > > regards
              > >
              > > Paul

            • Ned Bouhalassa
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
                For what it's worth, I got 1,400 for mine a few weeks ago in Montreal. That's Canadian dollars (same as US).

                Ned

                PS: Guess I'll be seeing you guys around!

                From: "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...>
                Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:38:38 -0000

                Wow... miscalculation. Sorry. 10.000 Danish Kroner is 1900 Dollars. And that is a fair price in my opinion. But
                I'm bias I guess.

                --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...> wrote:

                > Well on Ebay they a quite expensive. Often the buy it now price is around 2000 dollars and up. I got mine for around 850 dollars (4500 danish kroner) but I think that was a steal. If I should sell mine today I would request 10.000 Danish Kroner which is around 1000 dollars. That is a fair price i think. But it is worth a lot more to me personally. I hope that helps.
                >
                > Jeppe / Copenhagen
                >

                > --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, phono 1337 <phono1337@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I'm jsut not using the monopoly enough to warrant keeping it, i
                > > wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what i should be asking for
                > > it please.
                > >
                > > Its in full working condition (except the keys which dont always
                > > trigger, but i will repair this before selling), front panel is clean,
                > > bottom front end of one of the fake wood sides has a little of the
                > > plastic missing.
                > >
                > > So a pretty clean machine, whats it worth?
                > >
                > > regards
                > >
                > > Paul

                ============================

                               Ned Bouhalassa

              • phono 1337
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
                  thanks Florian, yes i think 1000 euros sounds about right

                  regards

                  Paul

                  From: "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...>
                  Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:38:38 -0000

                  Wow... miscalculation. Sorry. 10.000 Danish Kroner is 1900 Dollars. And that is a fair price in my opinion. But
                  I'm bias I guess.

                  --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...> wrote:

                  > Well on Ebay they a quite expensive. Often the buy it now price is around 2000 dollars and up. I got mine for around 850 dollars (4500 danish kroner) but I think that was a steal. If I should sell mine today I would request 10.000 Danish Kroner which is around 1000 dollars. That is a fair price i think. But it is worth a lot more to me personally. I hope that helps.
                  >
                  > Jeppe / Copenhagen
                  >

                  > --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, phono 1337 <phono1337@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I'm jsut not using the monopoly enough to warrant keeping it, i
                  > > wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what i should be asking for
                  > > it please.
                  > >
                  > > Its in full working condition (except the keys which dont always
                  > > trigger, but i will repair this before selling), front panel is clean,
                  > > bottom front end of one of the fake wood sides has a little of the
                  > > plastic missing.
                  > >
                  > > So a pretty clean machine, whats it worth?
                  > >
                  > > regards
                  > >
                  > > Paul

                • David Kyle
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
                    I sold mine in 2006 for 650 usd..... really needed the cash.
                    I just bought one recapped and fully serviced locally for 1500 usd
                    ouch :|

                    From: "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...>
                    Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:38:38 -0000

                    Wow... miscalculation. Sorry. 10.000 Danish Kroner is 1900 Dollars. And that is a fair price in my opinion. But
                    I'm bias I guess.

                    --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...> wrote:

                    > Well on Ebay they a quite expensive. Often the buy it now price is around 2000 dollars and up. I got mine for around 850 dollars (4500 danish kroner) but I think that was a steal. If I should sell mine today I would request 10.000 Danish Kroner which is around 1000 dollars. That is a fair price i think. But it is worth a lot more to me personally. I hope that helps.
                    >
                    > Jeppe / Copenhagen
                    >

                    > --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, phono 1337 <phono1337@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I'm jsut not using the monopoly enough to warrant keeping it, i
                    > > wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what i should be asking for
                    > > it please.
                    > >
                    > > Its in full working condition (except the keys which dont always
                    > > trigger, but i will repair this before selling), front panel is clean,
                    > > bottom front end of one of the fake wood sides has a little of the
                    > > plastic missing.
                    > >
                    > > So a pretty clean machine, whats it worth?
                    > >
                    > > regards
                    > >
                    > > Paul

                    ============================

                                   Ned Bouhalassa

                    eat and sleep....TODAY!!!!
                  • Dean Luca
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
                      I bought mine for 950 Pounds... it used to belong to Trevor Horn! I intend selling it for the same price (postage will be paid by buyer).

                      From: "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...>
                      Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:38:38 -0000

                      Wow... miscalculation. Sorry. 10.000 Danish Kroner is 1900 Dollars. And that is a fair price in my opinion. But
                      I'm bias I guess.

                      --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...> wrote:

                      > Well on Ebay they a quite expensive. Often the buy it now price is around 2000 dollars and up. I got mine for around 850 dollars (4500 danish kroner) but I think that was a steal. If I should sell mine today I would request 10.000 Danish Kroner which is around 1000 dollars. That is a fair price i think. But it is worth a lot more to me personally. I hope that helps.
                      >
                      > Jeppe / Copenhagen
                      >

                      > --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, phono 1337 <phono1337@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I'm jsut not using the monopoly enough to warrant keeping it, i
                      > > wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what i should be asking for
                      > > it please.
                      > >
                      > > Its in full working condition (except the keys which dont always
                      > > trigger, but i will repair this before selling), front panel is clean,
                      > > bottom front end of one of the fake wood sides has a little of the
                      > > plastic missing.
                      > >
                      > > So a pretty clean machine, whats it worth?
                      > >
                      > > regards
                      > >
                      > > Paul

                                     Ned Bouhalassa

                      eat and sleep....TODAY!!!!