Re: value of a used monopoly

  • suicidesushi82
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
      Well on Ebay they a quite expensive. Often the buy it now price is around 2000 dollars and up. I got mine for around 850 dollars (4500 danish kroner) but I think that was a steal. If I should sell mine today I would request 10.000 Danish Kroner which is around 1000 dollars. That is a fair price i think. But it is worth a lot more to me personally. I hope that helps.

      Jeppe / Copenhagen

      --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, phono 1337 <phono1337@...> wrote:

      > I'm jsut not using the monopoly enough to warrant keeping it, i
      > wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what i should be asking for
      > it please.
      >
      > Its in full working condition (except the keys which dont always
      > trigger, but i will repair this before selling), front panel is clean,
      > bottom front end of one of the fake wood sides has a little of the
      > plastic missing.
      >
      > So a pretty clean machine, whats it worth?
      >
      > regards
      >
      > Paul

    • suicidesushi82
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
        Wow... miscalculation. Sorry. 10.000 Danish Kroner is 1900 Dollars. And that is a fair price in my opinion. But
        I'm bias I guess.

      • paulsikivie@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
          I bought my m/p for $1250 from an estate. The liquidator (no expert on synths; unable to verify functionality) based his starting price ("best offer over $1500") on eBay prices. Knowing that prices have shot up a lot in recent years combined with the general anxiety about world economy (will the synth bubble pop?) makes me really resent a lot of eBay prices. But they do represent what the global market ($/€ and £ exchange plays a big factor in my frustration) is willing to pay.

          Sent via BlackBerry

          From: "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...>
          Sender: korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:38:38 -0000
          To: <korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [korg_mono-poly] Re: value of a used monopoly

          Wow... miscalculation. Sorry. 10.000 Danish Kroner is 1900 Dollars. And that is a fair price in my opinion. But
          I'm bias I guess.

          --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...> wrote:

          > Well on Ebay they a quite expensive. Often the buy it now price is around 2000 dollars and up. I got mine for around 850 dollars (4500 danish kroner) but I think that was a steal. If I should sell mine today I would request 10.000 Danish Kroner which is around 1000 dollars. That is a fair price i think. But it is worth a lot more to me personally. I hope that helps.
          >
          > Jeppe / Copenhagen
          >

          > --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, phono 1337 <phono1337@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I'm jsut not using the monopoly enough to warrant keeping it, i
          > > wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what i should be asking for
          > > it please.
          > >
          > > Its in full working condition (except the keys which dont always
          > > trigger, but i will repair this before selling), front panel is clean,
          > > bottom front end of one of the fake wood sides has a little of the
          > > plastic missing.
          > >
          > > So a pretty clean machine, whats it worth?
          > >
          > > regards
          > >
          > > Paul

        • phono 1337
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
            thanks guys,

            so between 1200 and 1400 euros would be a fair price to ask?

            can anyone else chime in please

            Paul

            From: "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...>
            Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:38:38 -0000

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
              Hello Paul

              No. A Monopoly goes usually for 1000 Euros (I monitor the value of all
              synths I own on ebay). If it is with MIDI interface and really in
              perfect optical shape, you may reach 1200.

              Florian

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
                I picked mine up for £400 of ebay in 2006 / 07 I've seenpeople put them up on ebay now for £800 to £1000 GBP.

                From: "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...>
                Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:38:38 -0000

                Wow... miscalculation. Sorry. 10.000 Danish Kroner is 1900 Dollars. And that is a fair price in my opinion. But
                I'm bias I guess.

                --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...> wrote:

                > Well on Ebay they a quite expensive. Often the buy it now price is around 2000 dollars and up. I got mine for around 850 dollars (4500 danish kroner) but I think that was a steal. If I should sell mine today I would request 10.000 Danish Kroner which is around 1000 dollars. That is a fair price i think. But it is worth a lot more to me personally. I hope that helps.
                >
                > Jeppe / Copenhagen
                >

                > --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, phono 1337 <phono1337@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I'm jsut not using the monopoly enough to warrant keeping it, i
                > > wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what i should be asking for
                > > it please.
                > >
                > > Its in full working condition (except the keys which dont always
                > > trigger, but i will repair this before selling), front panel is clean,
                > > bottom front end of one of the fake wood sides has a little of the
                > > plastic missing.
                > >
                > > So a pretty clean machine, whats it worth?
                > >
                > > regards
                > >
                > > Paul

              • Ned Bouhalassa
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
                  For what it's worth, I got 1,400 for mine a few weeks ago in Montreal. That's Canadian dollars (same as US).

                  Ned

                  PS: Guess I'll be seeing you guys around!

                  From: "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...>
                  Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:38:38 -0000

                  Wow... miscalculation. Sorry. 10.000 Danish Kroner is 1900 Dollars. And that is a fair price in my opinion. But
                  I'm bias I guess.

                  --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...> wrote:

                  > Well on Ebay they a quite expensive. Often the buy it now price is around 2000 dollars and up. I got mine for around 850 dollars (4500 danish kroner) but I think that was a steal. If I should sell mine today I would request 10.000 Danish Kroner which is around 1000 dollars. That is a fair price i think. But it is worth a lot more to me personally. I hope that helps.
                  >
                  > Jeppe / Copenhagen
                  >

                  > --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, phono 1337 <phono1337@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I'm jsut not using the monopoly enough to warrant keeping it, i
                  > > wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what i should be asking for
                  > > it please.
                  > >
                  > > Its in full working condition (except the keys which dont always
                  > > trigger, but i will repair this before selling), front panel is clean,
                  > > bottom front end of one of the fake wood sides has a little of the
                  > > plastic missing.
                  > >
                  > > So a pretty clean machine, whats it worth?
                  > >
                  > > regards
                  > >
                  > > Paul

                  ============================

                                 Ned Bouhalassa

                • phono 1337
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
                    thanks Florian, yes i think 1000 euros sounds about right

                    regards

                    Paul

                    From: "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...>
                    Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:38:38 -0000

                    Wow... miscalculation. Sorry. 10.000 Danish Kroner is 1900 Dollars. And that is a fair price in my opinion. But
                    I'm bias I guess.

                    --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...> wrote:

                    > Well on Ebay they a quite expensive. Often the buy it now price is around 2000 dollars and up. I got mine for around 850 dollars (4500 danish kroner) but I think that was a steal. If I should sell mine today I would request 10.000 Danish Kroner which is around 1000 dollars. That is a fair price i think. But it is worth a lot more to me personally. I hope that helps.
                    >
                    > Jeppe / Copenhagen
                    >

                    > --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, phono 1337 <phono1337@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I'm jsut not using the monopoly enough to warrant keeping it, i
                    > > wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what i should be asking for
                    > > it please.
                    > >
                    > > Its in full working condition (except the keys which dont always
                    > > trigger, but i will repair this before selling), front panel is clean,
                    > > bottom front end of one of the fake wood sides has a little of the
                    > > plastic missing.
                    > >
                    > > So a pretty clean machine, whats it worth?
                    > >
                    > > regards
                    > >
                    > > Paul

                  • David Kyle
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
                      I sold mine in 2006 for 650 usd..... really needed the cash.
                      I just bought one recapped and fully serviced locally for 1500 usd
                      ouch :|

                      From: "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...>
                      Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:38:38 -0000

                      Wow... miscalculation. Sorry. 10.000 Danish Kroner is 1900 Dollars. And that is a fair price in my opinion. But
                      I'm bias I guess.

                      --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...> wrote:

                      > Well on Ebay they a quite expensive. Often the buy it now price is around 2000 dollars and up. I got mine for around 850 dollars (4500 danish kroner) but I think that was a steal. If I should sell mine today I would request 10.000 Danish Kroner which is around 1000 dollars. That is a fair price i think. But it is worth a lot more to me personally. I hope that helps.
                      >
                      > Jeppe / Copenhagen
                      >

                      > --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, phono 1337 <phono1337@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I'm jsut not using the monopoly enough to warrant keeping it, i
                      > > wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what i should be asking for
                      > > it please.
                      > >
                      > > Its in full working condition (except the keys which dont always
                      > > trigger, but i will repair this before selling), front panel is clean,
                      > > bottom front end of one of the fake wood sides has a little of the
                      > > plastic missing.
                      > >
                      > > So a pretty clean machine, whats it worth?
                      > >
                      > > regards
                      > >
                      > > Paul

                      ============================

                                     Ned Bouhalassa

                      eat and sleep....TODAY!!!!
                    • Dean Luca

                        From: "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...>
                        Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:38:38 -0000

                        Wow... miscalculation. Sorry. 10.000 Danish Kroner is 1900 Dollars. And that is a fair price in my opinion. But
                        I'm bias I guess.

                        --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...> wrote:

                        > Well on Ebay they a quite expensive. Often the buy it now price is around 2000 dollars and up. I got mine for around 850 dollars (4500 danish kroner) but I think that was a steal. If I should sell mine today I would request 10.000 Danish Kroner which is around 1000 dollars. That is a fair price i think. But it is worth a lot more to me personally. I hope that helps.
                        >
                        > Jeppe / Copenhagen
                        >

                        > --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, phono 1337 <phono1337@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > I'm jsut not using the monopoly enough to warrant keeping it, i
                        > > wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what i should be asking for
                        > > it please.
                        > >
                        > > Its in full working condition (except the keys which dont always
                        > > trigger, but i will repair this before selling), front panel is clean,
                        > > bottom front end of one of the fake wood sides has a little of the
                        > > plastic missing.
                        > >
                        > > So a pretty clean machine, whats it worth?
                        > >
                        > > regards
                        > >
                        > > Paul

                                       Ned Bouhalassa

                        eat and sleep....TODAY!!!!