value of a used monopoly

  • phono 1337
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
      I'm jsut not using the monopoly enough to warrant keeping it, i
      wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what i should be asking for
      it please.

      Its in full working condition (except the keys which dont always
      trigger, but i will repair this before selling), front panel is clean,
      bottom front end of one of the fake wood sides has a little of the
      plastic missing.

      So a pretty clean machine, whats it worth?

      regards

      Paul
    • suicidesushi82
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
        Well on Ebay they a quite expensive. Often the buy it now price is around 2000 dollars and up. I got mine for around 850 dollars (4500 danish kroner) but I think that was a steal. If I should sell mine today I would request 10.000 Danish Kroner which is around 1000 dollars. That is a fair price i think. But it is worth a lot more to me personally. I hope that helps.

        Jeppe / Copenhagen

        --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, phono 1337 <phono1337@...> wrote:

        > I'm jsut not using the monopoly enough to warrant keeping it, i
        > wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what i should be asking for
        > it please.
        >
        > Its in full working condition (except the keys which dont always
        > trigger, but i will repair this before selling), front panel is clean,
        > bottom front end of one of the fake wood sides has a little of the
        > plastic missing.
        >
        > So a pretty clean machine, whats it worth?
        >
        > regards
        >
        > Paul

      • suicidesushi82
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
          Wow... miscalculation. Sorry. 10.000 Danish Kroner is 1900 Dollars. And that is a fair price in my opinion. But
          I'm bias I guess.

        • paulsikivie@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
            I bought my m/p for $1250 from an estate. The liquidator (no expert on synths; unable to verify functionality) based his starting price ("best offer over $1500") on eBay prices. Knowing that prices have shot up a lot in recent years combined with the general anxiety about world economy (will the synth bubble pop?) makes me really resent a lot of eBay prices. But they do represent what the global market ($/€ and £ exchange plays a big factor in my frustration) is willing to pay.

            Sent via BlackBerry

            From: "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...>
            Sender: korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:38:38 -0000
            To: <korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [korg_mono-poly] Re: value of a used monopoly

            Wow... miscalculation. Sorry. 10.000 Danish Kroner is 1900 Dollars. And that is a fair price in my opinion. But
            I'm bias I guess.

            --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...> wrote:

            > Well on Ebay they a quite expensive. Often the buy it now price is around 2000 dollars and up. I got mine for around 850 dollars (4500 danish kroner) but I think that was a steal. If I should sell mine today I would request 10.000 Danish Kroner which is around 1000 dollars. That is a fair price i think. But it is worth a lot more to me personally. I hope that helps.
            >
            > Jeppe / Copenhagen
            >

            > --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, phono 1337 <phono1337@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I'm jsut not using the monopoly enough to warrant keeping it, i
            > > wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what i should be asking for
            > > it please.
            > >
            > > Its in full working condition (except the keys which dont always
            > > trigger, but i will repair this before selling), front panel is clean,
            > > bottom front end of one of the fake wood sides has a little of the
            > > plastic missing.
            > >
            > > So a pretty clean machine, whats it worth?
            > >
            > > regards
            > >
            > > Paul

          • phono 1337
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
              thanks guys,

              so between 1200 and 1400 euros would be a fair price to ask?

              can anyone else chime in please

              Paul

              From: "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...>
              Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:38:38 -0000

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
                Hello Paul

                No. A Monopoly goes usually for 1000 Euros (I monitor the value of all
                synths I own on ebay). If it is with MIDI interface and really in
                perfect optical shape, you may reach 1200.

                Florian

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
                  I picked mine up for £400 of ebay in 2006 / 07 I've seenpeople put them up on ebay now for £800 to £1000 GBP.

                  From: "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...>
                  Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:38:38 -0000

                  Wow... miscalculation. Sorry. 10.000 Danish Kroner is 1900 Dollars. And that is a fair price in my opinion. But
                  I'm bias I guess.

                  --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...> wrote:

                  > Well on Ebay they a quite expensive. Often the buy it now price is around 2000 dollars and up. I got mine for around 850 dollars (4500 danish kroner) but I think that was a steal. If I should sell mine today I would request 10.000 Danish Kroner which is around 1000 dollars. That is a fair price i think. But it is worth a lot more to me personally. I hope that helps.
                  >
                  > Jeppe / Copenhagen
                  >

                  > --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, phono 1337 <phono1337@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I'm jsut not using the monopoly enough to warrant keeping it, i
                  > > wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what i should be asking for
                  > > it please.
                  > >
                  > > Its in full working condition (except the keys which dont always
                  > > trigger, but i will repair this before selling), front panel is clean,
                  > > bottom front end of one of the fake wood sides has a little of the
                  > > plastic missing.
                  > >
                  > > So a pretty clean machine, whats it worth?
                  > >
                  > > regards
                  > >
                  > > Paul

                • Ned Bouhalassa
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
                    For what it's worth, I got 1,400 for mine a few weeks ago in Montreal. That's Canadian dollars (same as US).

                    Ned

                    PS: Guess I'll be seeing you guys around!

                    From: "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...>
                    Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:38:38 -0000

                    Wow... miscalculation. Sorry. 10.000 Danish Kroner is 1900 Dollars. And that is a fair price in my opinion. But
                    I'm bias I guess.

                    --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...> wrote:

                    > Well on Ebay they a quite expensive. Often the buy it now price is around 2000 dollars and up. I got mine for around 850 dollars (4500 danish kroner) but I think that was a steal. If I should sell mine today I would request 10.000 Danish Kroner which is around 1000 dollars. That is a fair price i think. But it is worth a lot more to me personally. I hope that helps.
                    >
                    > Jeppe / Copenhagen
                    >

                    > --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, phono 1337 <phono1337@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I'm jsut not using the monopoly enough to warrant keeping it, i
                    > > wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what i should be asking for
                    > > it please.
                    > >
                    > > Its in full working condition (except the keys which dont always
                    > > trigger, but i will repair this before selling), front panel is clean,
                    > > bottom front end of one of the fake wood sides has a little of the
                    > > plastic missing.
                    > >
                    > > So a pretty clean machine, whats it worth?
                    > >
                    > > regards
                    > >
                    > > Paul

                    ============================

                                   Ned Bouhalassa

                  • phono 1337
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
                      thanks Florian, yes i think 1000 euros sounds about right

                      regards

                      Paul

                      From: "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...>
                      Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:38:38 -0000

                      Wow... miscalculation. Sorry. 10.000 Danish Kroner is 1900 Dollars. And that is a fair price in my opinion. But
                      I'm bias I guess.

                      --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...> wrote:

                      > Well on Ebay they a quite expensive. Often the buy it now price is around 2000 dollars and up. I got mine for around 850 dollars (4500 danish kroner) but I think that was a steal. If I should sell mine today I would request 10.000 Danish Kroner which is around 1000 dollars. That is a fair price i think. But it is worth a lot more to me personally. I hope that helps.
                      >
                      > Jeppe / Copenhagen
                      >

                      > --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, phono 1337 <phono1337@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I'm jsut not using the monopoly enough to warrant keeping it, i
                      > > wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what i should be asking for
                      > > it please.
                      > >
                      > > Its in full working condition (except the keys which dont always
                      > > trigger, but i will repair this before selling), front panel is clean,
                      > > bottom front end of one of the fake wood sides has a little of the
                      > > plastic missing.
                      > >
                      > > So a pretty clean machine, whats it worth?
                      > >
                      > > regards
                      > >
                      > > Paul

                    • David Kyle
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
                        I sold mine in 2006 for 650 usd..... really needed the cash.
                        I just bought one recapped and fully serviced locally for 1500 usd
                        ouch :|

                        From: "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...>
                        Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:38:38 -0000

                        Wow... miscalculation. Sorry. 10.000 Danish Kroner is 1900 Dollars. And that is a fair price in my opinion. But
                        I'm bias I guess.

                        --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...> wrote:

                        > Well on Ebay they a quite expensive. Often the buy it now price is around 2000 dollars and up. I got mine for around 850 dollars (4500 danish kroner) but I think that was a steal. If I should sell mine today I would request 10.000 Danish Kroner which is around 1000 dollars. That is a fair price i think. But it is worth a lot more to me personally. I hope that helps.
                        >
                        > Jeppe / Copenhagen
                        >

                        > --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, phono 1337 <phono1337@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > I'm jsut not using the monopoly enough to warrant keeping it, i
                        > > wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what i should be asking for
                        > > it please.
                        > >
                        > > Its in full working condition (except the keys which dont always
                        > > trigger, but i will repair this before selling), front panel is clean,
                        > > bottom front end of one of the fake wood sides has a little of the
                        > > plastic missing.
                        > >
                        > > So a pretty clean machine, whats it worth?
                        > >
                        > > regards
                        > >
                        > > Paul

                        ============================

                                       Ned Bouhalassa

                        eat and sleep....TODAY!!!!
                      • Dean Luca
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 19, 2011
                          I bought mine for 950 Pounds... it used to belong to Trevor Horn! I intend selling it for the same price (postage will be paid by buyer).

                          From: "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...>
                          Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:38:38 -0000

                          Wow... miscalculation. Sorry. 10.000 Danish Kroner is 1900 Dollars. And that is a fair price in my opinion. But
                          I'm bias I guess.

                          --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, "suicidesushi82" <jeppe@...> wrote:

                          > Well on Ebay they a quite expensive. Often the buy it now price is around 2000 dollars and up. I got mine for around 850 dollars (4500 danish kroner) but I think that was a steal. If I should sell mine today I would request 10.000 Danish Kroner which is around 1000 dollars. That is a fair price i think. But it is worth a lot more to me personally. I hope that helps.
                          >
                          > Jeppe / Copenhagen
                          >

                          > --- In korg_mono-poly@yahoogroups.com, phono 1337 <phono1337@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > I'm jsut not using the monopoly enough to warrant keeping it, i
                          > > wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what i should be asking for
                          > > it please.
                          > >
                          > > Its in full working condition (except the keys which dont always
                          > > trigger, but i will repair this before selling), front panel is clean,
                          > > bottom front end of one of the fake wood sides has a little of the
                          > > plastic missing.
                          > >
                          > > So a pretty clean machine, whats it worth?
                          > >
                          > > regards
                          > >
                          > > Paul

                                         Ned Bouhalassa

                          eat and sleep....TODAY!!!!